GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

But real grey markets shoes account for maybe .00000001% of the actually "unauthorized" shoes that are out there. It's just not possible for all of these replica sites to get all over their inventory from Chinese workers in garbage bags. These shoes are being mass produced at a level that requires a dedicated factory, workers, and production time. The myth that these shoes are coming directly off of nikes production line is just that, a myth.

i don't know about rep sites but that's how the early released sites like air randy work

i think the rep sites also use the older equipment also
there is most def a factory that only pumps out fakes
we all know that

one of the reasons REAL FAKES or rep shoes in 2014 look like Real Jordan's as in shape of the early 2000 to 2005 retros

Last edited:
i don't know about rep sites but that's how the early released sites like air randy work

we all know that

one of the reasons REAL FAKES or rep shoes in 2014 look like Real Jordan's as in shape of the early 2000 to 2005 retros

Air randy made his own shoes just like the rep companies do. Hence why he was able to change any specific aspect of the shoe once people started complaining. Like the milky toe and changing the the 3rd lace tag from "JUMPMAN JOQDAN" to "JUMPMAN JORDAN". What's happening now was happening then, just on a smaller scale.

But real grey markets shoes account for maybe .00000001% of the actually "unauthorized" shoes that are out there. It's just not possible for all of these replica sites to get all over their inventory from Chinese workers in garbage bags. These shoes are being mass produced at a level that requires a dedicated factory, workers, and production time. The myth that these shoes are coming directly off of nikes production line is just that, a myth.

we all know that

early releases are legit? lol have you seen early Gammas?

Last edited:
If your in the nyc area and you want to see good quality to perfect replicas /Gm what ever you want to call them go to this location in bk

Royal sneakers
1347 Fulton street

Its a few blocks by the a & c train stop

When the low top Concords came out i saw them early at this store
the early release gm pair had no glue smell
the pair I had smelled straight out the sweatshops and that pair came from footlocker

This place had China 5's that looked good but where off
if you didnt know what to look for you would be got

Last edited:
This...all this right here. This this this.

we all know that

I agree. That's probably why the patent leather is always so high on 11s with GMs. The older molds had that super high patent leather cut. Also, I've noticed that older retros often had those widows peaks in the middle of the toebox, just like GMs. Coincidence? I think not.

Back to the Sport Blue 6's. INitially I said that I have trouble spotting GM 6s.

I tried looking at the issues you all were arguing with A-friend about.

THe stitching issue:

It seems like in addition to the stitching being kind of sloppy, y'all are saying the corners are pointier too, right? I noticed that with that ONE pair. The corners should be rounded, whereas the pair in question had pointy corners, right? Is this common, or ALWAYS on GM 6s?

Also, Sport Blue 6's should have a blue tint lace cover, GMs are all white? What aboiut the Infrareds?
Quoting myself because I was hoping I'd get some insight on some of this. Anyone?

Does it get anyone else mad when they see people buying GMs off instagram thinking they're real
mad.gif
. I feel like 30-40% of jordans on the streets are gm now because so many people are buying them from shady sellers/sites.

we all know that

I don't think that it necessarily has to be old equipment. It's not as if only Nike factories have access to machining and labor. Old molds aren't needed anymore if they get a hold of the tech pack for any given shoe which I'm sure they do. The tech pack contains all the specifications from dimensions to materials used and where. Once they get the tech pack they design a manufacturing process that can produce the shoe to those specifications. There are plenty of GM shoes that come out to spec, a lot of them don't though because there's no real standard for quality for these shoes.

Does it get anyone else mad when they see people buying GMs off instagram thinking they're real>: . I feel like 30-40% of jordans on the streets are gm now because so many people are buying them from shady sellers/sites.

Don't get mad at stuff like this, let me tell you why(why I don't that is)
It's Trivial, the end.

Control the things you can, and forget about the things you can't. It doesn't mean turn a blind eye to things that matter, but things like sneakers on a GM vs Legit scale and who wears what is Trivial.
Totally not coming at you because I'm like you, many times per month when trying to grab a sneaker I missed on RD or one I've been eyeing for weeks/months/years, I get this pissed off feeling knowing 50% of what I look at is real for $200+, and then the other 50% I look at is GM or knockoff for $200+.

It's like fuxed up that I have to get an education just to continue my love for clean sneakers and childhood J's I can now afford.

At the end of the day, I worry about what's on my feet, and the education here has kept me on point.

If a dude wants to start a website and sell bad shoes, well, one day he's gonna get caught up, whether it be shoes or the newest ponzi scheme, they make a bed that eventually they have to sleep in, Life happens.

This topic has been dissected time and time again.  I could care less about the what someone buys with their money.  If a person wants a pair of shoes that come out 1,2, or 3 months early then it's their business.   Do you.  

However, it must be understoof that much of the major manufacturers production is shipped to China because of the cheap labor and manufacturing cost.  China counterfeits everything from Polo to Lacoste, from Jordan to Asics, from Coach to Burberry.  It's big business over there and will continue to be.  

Early release luxury items are trivial because in the end you are simply paying a name.  The only reason that many make a big deal out of cats buying GM kicks is because they don't want the feeling of being cheated out of their money.  You can imagine how cats are salty after thinking they have a limited pair of kicks they paid $300+ for and the next man getting the same shoe for less with the same if not better quality.  

In the end it's a decision that the consumer has to  make. 

Last edited:

This topic has been dissected time and time again.  I could care less about the what someone buys with their money.  If a person wants a pair of shoes that come out 1,2, or 3 months early then it's their business.   Do you.  

However, it must be understoof that much of the major manufacturers production is shipped to China because of the cheap labor and manufacturing cost.  China counterfeits everything from Polo to Lacoste, from Jordan to Asics, from Coach to Burberry.  It's big business over there and will continue to be.  

Early release luxury items are trivial because in the end you are simply paying a name.  The only reason that many make a big deal out of cats buying GM kicks is because they don't want the feeling of being cheated out of their money.  You can imagine how cats are salty after thinking they have a limited pair of kicks they paid $300+ for and the next man getting the same shoe for less with the same if not better quality.  

/thread

Everyone wants to be 'special' wearing shoes the whole world buys.

Then come the 'broke boi' comments. No, you're just stupid for buying $800 WTL and getting mad at the person who is happy with this $200 pair.

Does it get anyone else mad when they see people buying GMs off instagram thinking they're real>: . I feel like 30-40% of jordans on the streets are gm now because so many people are buying them from shady sellers/sites.

You can't blame the buyers, supply isn't meeting demand then they turn to other avenues outside of retail stores to buy shoes but most aren't educated on what they are purchasing. Only time I get irritated is when someone identifies a GM pair for what it is and the seller tries to act like the pair is authentic.

If that was actually true I don't think there would be such a huge opposition. The fact of the matter is people claiming them as authentic and flooding the market with them when they are not. The LC proves they're not the same shoes they're consistently flawed and different and don't hold up the same as authentic shoes so the whole "same or better quality" argument isn't valid. You really think any real sneaker head is getting upset because someone got a knock off of the shoe they got? These GM shoes still cost $200. Who takes the bigger L here the guy that paid $200 for a shoe that has absolutely no quality control, shoddy craftsmanship, and questionable durability or the guy that paid $300 for the real deal without any worry for any of that? Seems Nike has a bigger hold on the people buying GMs then the guy paying 300 bucks cause they're laying $200+ just to LOOK like they have the real deal. At the end of the day people can buy what they want but don't try push the agenda that the shoes these rep sites are pushing out are the same as what we get in stores cause it's not. They're comparable at best, but they're still just imitations. Point blank period. It's like comparing aluminum to titanium. Sure they look and feel the same but titanium is 100 times stronger than aluminum.

If that was actually true I don't think there would be such a huge opposition. The fact of the matter is people claiming them as authentic and flooding the market with them when they are not. The LC proves they're not the same shoes they're consistently flawed and different and don't hold up the same as authentic shoes so the whole "same or better quality" argument isn't valid. You really think any real sneaker head is getting upset because someone got a knock off of the shoe they got? These GM shoes still cost $200. Who takes the bigger L here the guy that paid $200 for a shoe that has absolutely no quality control, shoddy craftsmanship, and questionable durability or the guy that paid $300 for the real deal without any worry for any of that? Seems Nike has a bigger hold on the people buying GMs then the guy paying 300 bucks cause they're laying $200+ just to LOOK like they have the real deal. At the end of the day people can buy what they want but don't try push the agenda that the shoes these rep sites are pushing out are the same as what we get in stores cause it's not. They're comparable at best, but they're still just imitations. Point blank period. It's like comparing aluminum to titanium. Sure they look and feel the same but titanium is 100 times stronger than aluminum.
I agree. Well said.

When analogies go wrong.

These are shoes, not precious metals. 

Anyone who has bought Jordans for the past 4-5 years can attest to the quality being garbage. 

GM shoes sell for retail or under thru direct purchase sites. Buying from the FSR sites of every shoe is when you pay the same.

At the end of the day, it's not your money, so why care.

Elitists are more a detriment to the 'culture' than GM buyers and wearers.

GM shoes do not go for retail, the majority of sales are before release and shortly after and they are sold to people for resale prices.
They sell DB Foams for $500, where did they ever retail for that price?

When analogies go wrong.

Anyone who has bought Jordans for the past 4-5 years can attest to the quality being garbage. 

GM shoes sell for retail or under thru direct purchase sites. Buying from the FSR sites of every shoe is when you pay the same.

Not true. On the replica sites, gm 11s, 4s, 3s etc are $200+

When analogies go wrong.

There is nothing wrong with my analogy. I'm a mechanical engineer and I work in manufacturing it was just the most simple way to get my point across. These factories have access to thousands and thousand of different materials and I'm sure there are tons of them that LOOK exactly the same, but you know what makes one cost more than the other? Material properties. How they act under stress and strain. How they respond to moisture. How they respond to heat. That is what makes one material cost more than the other. You think these bootleggers care about durability? Nike dropping their quality standards has nothing to do with it. Atleast you know their shoes won't fall apart if you get them wet or you do some physical activity in them. Elitism has nothing to do with it. If I could pay less for the real deal I would in a heart beat.

There is nothing wrong with my analogy. I'm a mechanical engineer and I work in manufacturing it was just the most simple way to get my point across. These factories have access to thousands and thousand of different materials and I'm sure there are tons of them that LOOK exactly the same, but you know what makes one cost more than the other? Material properties. How they act under stress and strain. How they respond to moisture. How they respond to heat. That is what makes one material cost more than the other. You think these bootleggers care about durability? Nike dropping their quality standards has nothing to do with it. Atleast you know their shoes won't fall apart if you get them wet or you do some physical activity in them. Elitism has nothing to do with it. If I could pay less for the real deal I would in a heart beat.
I wasn't necessarily going at you about being an elitist.

But, your analogy is still wrong in the sense that you're putting shoes on a pedestal. You could have easily compared another brands issues with counterfeiting. Leather vs Leatherette, etc. etc.

We talking about shoes, not a structure that houses people.

At the end of the day, shoes are shoes. Yes, Nike warranties the shoe for 2 years ( I think) but who actually wears their shoes for their intended purposes?

I don't know what sites you guys are looking at, but I got spammed recently thru PM and the prices were all at retail or under.

I dont buy GM, but I don't care if someone does. I buy old retro sportswear products now so I could possibly get got cause my eye isn't trained for J's no more.

Nike isn't doing anything about it so why worry about what the next guy buys

Last edited:
I wasn't necessarily going at you about being an elitist.

But, your analogy is still wrong in the sense that you're putting shoes on a pedestal. You could have easily compared another brands issues with counterfeiting. Leather vs Leatherette, etc. etc.

We talking about shoes, not a structure that houses people.

At the end of the day, shoes are shoes. Yes, Nike warranties the shoe for 2 years ( I think) but who actually wears their shoes for their intended purposes?

I don't know what sites you guys are looking at, but I got spammed recently thru PM and the prices were all at retail or under.

I dont buy GM, but I don't care if someone does. I buy old retro sportswear products now so I could possibly get got cause my eye isn't trained for J's no more.

Nike isn't doing anything about it so why worry about what the next guy buys

What does putting shoes on a pedestal have to do with anything? I used that analogy because it most directly relates to my own experiences and everyone else seemed to get the point. What I'm saying is Nike can put out absolute crap but they have a standards, guidelines, and regulations that they have to follow for something to be sold and distributed in the US. These bootleggers don't. Hence why they material properties are important. At work we use the same mold to make tons of different parts and even though they're all shaped the same what makes them different is the material they're made out of.

I don't care about what other people are wearing. Like I keep saying it's when people pass them off as authentic and the same is what I have a problem with.

Back
Top Bottom