Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
And ninjahood u say "that 11/6 dmp pack"

He said u had 15
c'mon your somewhat of an smart guy think about for a second...how would i have access to 15 pairs of gold DMP 11/6

back when they came out? my old job only got about 20 pairs TOTAL. since i used to work there when they dropped i walked

right in and got my pair, i didn't have to sleep on da streets like some bums in know..

and certain cats who apparently still salty i cut em in line or something
laugh.gif

C'mon guys keep the discussion mature.
aye all i do mature, not my fault certain cats is salty then beach sand.

tumblr_lpj75u9Suz1qekhgv.gif

Last edited:
I don't see why y'all continue to argue with Ninja although he has good points that sound possible when you read them, he also has no proof they are true.

The burden of truth is on your hands ninja. We have all seen with replicas of all kind from A grade Louis V to barbershop shop XI. We have all heard the my source:Connect says these are real genuine products story. Your saying the exact same thing those barbershop owners tell us right before they try and sell us a pair.

So do forgive us for calling ******** when we see it. You have yet to prove your story as factual events instead of hearsay and assumptions.

Simply put prove it. Your grey market is fairy tale because its based on YOUR opinion yet you pass the information around like you work next to the guy who makes them.

And for you to tell us a criminal organization that's actively committing crime is telling an American over the Internet that they are doing such. Doesn't that sound outlandish to you?

All I'm saying is your story is possible not likely but possible. Just show me proof other then shoe pictures. That can't be the Base of your argument. That just won't fly and trying to tell people that is insulting ones intelligence. Being fourth your proof.

Go ahead we are all waiting

Wow, I spelt on this thread some interesting stuff in here. I learned from years and years on NT that the JB section has some of the most brainwashed people I ever come across on NT. I have an open mind and see every ones point of view on this topic. Facts you can’t argue with
1. It’s just sneakers
2. Nike has terrible business ethics (sweat shops/poor quality/etc.)

So being opened minded, if someone tells me that at the same factory where they make the low quality Nike/Jordan sneakers and pay the workers a quarter an hour for a $15 product, box it up and sell it in the states for $160+. That the workers are making shoes and selling them without Nike consent. I have to be a complete idiot to ignore the fact that it is a $15 product for the shoes to be made and the workers aren’t getting paid right to begin with. So it is unethical for anyone to buy grey market shoes(brainwashed).
If someone finds a way to cut off the middle man and get the shoes without Nike. The workers are getting a better deal and possibly the customer is getting a better deal.
My personal opinion is if you can get a product from the factory at a better cost, minus all the crazy loops you have to go thru. I salute you. If you would rather pay reseller prices and campout for the same product. I salute Nike for they hustle.

Good thread.

Please ignore JB sheeps

I don't see why y'all continue to argue with Ninja although he has good points that sound possible when you read them, he also has no proof they are true.

The burden of truth is on your hands ninja. We have all seen with replicas of all kind from A grade Louis V to barbershop shop XI. We have all heard the my source:Connect says these are real genuine products story. Your saying the exact same thing those barbershop owners tell us right before they try and sell us a pair.

So do forgive us for calling ******** when we see it. You have yet to prove your story as factual events instead of hearsay and assumptions.

Simply put prove it. Your grey market is fairy tale because its based on YOUR opinion yet you pass the information around like you work next to the guy who makes them.

And for you to tell us a criminal organization that's actively committing crime is telling an American over the Internet that they are doing such. Doesn't that sound outlandish to you?

All I'm saying is your story is possible not likely but possible. Just show me proof other then shoe pictures. That can't be the Base of your argument. That just won't fly and trying to tell people that is insulting ones intelligence. Being fourth your proof.

Go ahead we are all waiting
     i have no incentive to lie, in fact as Method Man has eloquently put it "these put da value of your collection

in jeopardy" but da fact of da matter its da truth. is LIKE I TOLD YOU someone who is ALSO in da sneaker industry (who i will LEAVE OUT of this

conversation because i aint putting his or hers reputation or career on da line for a bull **** brownie points on da internet) i know and talk to on a

regular basis is in contact with folks at nike, as well as da factories back in china, and they're well aware of whats going on but due to da fact that

they're dealing with not only a Chinese communist government who doesn't have foreign companies in their best interest,

as well as organizations who are in bed with da factories who are behind manufacturing nike/jb they do nothing, turn a blind eye and dont

acknowledge it to them its simply da cost of doing business when you outsource. frankly thats da truth, you can take that how you want it.

aye man let dat man cook with da fakes. you can lead a horse to water, but cant make it drink. 

same can be said dey can have all the evidence in da world of being fake but deep down he doesnt accept it. its like trying to

convinve someone the sky is red. all da knowledge in da world and still cant figure out what real and wats fake.let him eat his own words

im only enjoying this thread because Meth is in here posting :lol: other than that, this thread sucks.

i wish we would have a real insider post some info but that aint gonna happen in a million years

In the real world nobody cares about the shoe game, its all about cash flow in our economy. Nike appearantly made a mistake on this guys shoe, and ppl claiming them its fake? It's from the same factory. Some of you guys need to wake up. The shoe game only exist in your world, money are being circulated globally without you knowing much behind the scene. This is one of them. 

This hobby has a lot people looking to attack others due to jealousy and hate. C'mon guys just laying down the facts and what is reasonable and fair. 

Last edited:
We know the taobao XVII are most definitely dated 2001 .... I still think most logical explanation for those is they are lost old stock. If they aren't old-stock, they just HAVE to be made from original old stock OEM parts.

Does anyone actually have these taobao XVIIs ?
Im interested to find out what they smell like and if the gel liner around the ankle is 100% accurate.

Its like buying a car of a company but the company doesnt authorize it. Hell no i wouldnt even test drive it cause there are bound to be some defects. Also da only way tocheck if a shoe is real wear dem and see how dey hold up.

These grey market kicks are probably just dated with the og manufacturing date from the authorized pairs, while being made recently. you can tell because all of the XI's were dated for the previous releases, but are way too icy. These are definitely grey market, unless someone wants to say there are two different people cranking out these taobao shoes and early release shoes. Regarding to nightwing's Cool Grey XI's messed up air unit, those were EARLY production, so they could be a test mold. Since these grey markets pairs are made recently, the factories are using the correct molds. It would be nice if someone could confirm that the shoes are just as comfortable as the "real deal" from the retail store jordans. these grey market jordan look exactly the same, with the exception of the SJ's blue tint sole, there is no way that some "fake" factory that had no relation to nike's designs made all of these shoes so accurately. the bar code even works for these shoes. The shoe box's and tissue paper, and whatnot may not be EXACTLY the same as the retailed pairs, but even the retail pairs can vary since they are not all made from one factory. the retail pairs released can be made from many different factories that may have made the shoes and packaging slightly differently. 

I'm not saying these grey market shoes are legal, nor am I trying to promote them.

They are just physically on par with the retail pairs, and there is a very good reason why. (same nike molds)

here's a vid of some dude scanning the grey market bar codes. 

Its like buying a car of a company but the company doesnt authorize it. Hell no i wouldnt even test drive it cause there are bound to be some defects.
you can say that about every single person that has ever restored a classic car.......................ever
laugh.gif

These grey market kicks are probably just dated with the og manufacturing date from the authorized pairs, while being made recently. you can tell because all of the XI's were dated for the previous releases, but are way too icy. These are definitely grey market, unless someone wants to say there are two different people cranking out these taobao shoes and early release shoes. Regarding to nightwing's Cool Grey XI's messed up air unit, those were EARLY production, so they could be a test mold. Since these grey markets pairs are made recently, the factories are using the correct molds. It would be nice if someone could confirm that the shoes are just as comfortable as the "real deal" from the retail store jordans. these grey market jordan look exactly the same, with the exception of the SJ's blue tint sole, there is no way that some "fake" factory that had no relation to nike's designs made all of these shoes so accurately. the bar code even works for these shoes. The shoe box's and tissue paper, and whatnot may not be EXACTLY the same as the retailed pairs, but even the retail pairs can vary since they are not all made from one factory. the retail pairs released can be made from many different factories that may have made the shoes and packaging slightly differently. 

I'm not saying these grey market shoes are legal, nor am I trying to promote them.

They are just physically on par with the retail pairs, and there is a very good reason why. (same nike molds)

here's a vid of some dude scanning the grey market bar codes. 

you can tell by the back of the midsole. it's not even pointed at all it's almost completely flat

Lol comparing Air jordan with car vehicle authorization? You cant compare apple and oranges. Maybe if you said adidas swingmans would make some more sense. 

comparing Air Jordan authorization vs car vehicle authorization..... 
roll.gif
 now i know why it's taking awhile for some of you guys to wake up.

Sneaker game is a religion, it is what you believe but the truth is out there. 

Last edited:
meh, the scanning means nothing on the box

now, if you can figure out to scan the tag inside the shoe then that will help people out.

is it the same barcode as on the box? :nerd:

Illegitimate is not a synonym of fake. An illegal source does not make a product counterfeit.

Last edited:
Oxidation doesnt tell you anything but age.

And with more jordans being grey market made

Without clear soles (III, IV, VII, XII, XIII, XVII,etc) that convention of thinking simply doesnt apply to

Many of da jordans being churned out now.

Also taobao is merely a chinese ebay, its only a platform medium to sell.

I know what Taobao is. I posted a link with them that the mod deleted. It was a Taobao shoe store that sold icy/blue bottom 11's. I also know what Jordan's don't have clear soles but thanks for listing them. And they are producing extremely high quality replicas in almost every retro now. You can barely tell the difference, I've posted about this numerous times but you guys are so involved I your argument it goes unnoticed. I'm just making the point that the people that say "well if the soles are yellowing and not icy that means they are more likely to be real" can't use that as their only criteria in determining Taobao pairs. Even the retro 88's are mega close but you can tell if you own a pair and compare.

And lastly your clearly an intelligent articulate person, typing "da" all the time just makes you look ignorant, which you clearly aren't. And I mean that with all due respect.

This is all a matter of person opinion on what someone wants to spend their money on and put on their feet. You can argue about this for weeks like you guys have been, but it doesn't matter. It's all personal opinion and how the individual feels about the issue. You think they are fake, don't buy them and warn people not too. If you think they are real, buy them and wear them. I don't give a **** either way, I just wanna make sure people are aware of the difference and aren't being taken advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom