Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are, tell me champ since you're nitpicking where's your "expert analysis" on da XVII's?

laugh.gif

Idk "champ" how bout u buy me a pair of ur grey xvii so i can put em up to my original xvii white n blue?

The 23 on all ur grey market pairs of xi is smushed amd the cotton where thats placed aint right either. Put em neck n neck n bet tere are some differences.

Do they have the foam filled laces? Oh u mean u cant tell that from a pic
laugh.gif
@ you clinging to dear life w/ space jams

face it duke, they're coming from da same places, you so hung up in slight cosmetic differences that aren't exclusive to grey market jordans

but ALL retail jordans that you're missing da bigger picture....JB is starting to lose control of their own products and much of it

is self inflicted, that race to da bottom looking for da cheapest way to manufacture their products has had a unintended consequence of

putting da manufacturing into da hands of factories that will KEEP producing your product LONG after their intended shelf life for em whether

they wanted to or not, creating a grey market of authentic made unauthorized jordans, which could have a major impact to their brand

image if it starts to get out of hand, and i got a feelings we aint seen nothing yet.

Didnt question what u knew. U questioned me.

U said wheres my expert opinion. U never think anyone has anything.

I didnt have space jams according to u

So i fogured id show u i might know a thing or two bout the xvii.

Offers still open for u to buy em so i can compare haha

What em i supposed to be impressed?
Can easlily tell over half of the jordan boxes are from taobao due to the smaller box size, no price tag on label, and beat up sides from overseas shipping.

Done with this thread. Guess all the LV and Gucci coming from china must be legit too, if it looks right. Have fun everyone with your fake pairs. 

Last edited:
:lol: @ you clinging to dear life w/ space jams

face it duke, they're coming from da same places, you so hung up in slight cosmetic differences that aren't exclusive to grey market jordans

but ALL retail jordans that you're missing da bigger picture....JB is starting to lose control of their own products and much of it

is self inflicted, that race to da bottom looking for da cheapest way to manufacture their products has had a unintended consequence of

putting da manufacturing into da hands of factories that will KEEP producing your product LONG after their intended shelf life for em whether

they wanted to or not, creating a grey market of authentic made unauthorized jordans, which could have a major impact to their brand

image if it starts to get out of hand, and i got a feelings we aint seen nothing yet.

The bottom line is that the only difference you guys are trying to argue is that legality of the shoes. Ninja made a great point. What will stop a factory from making and selling the exact same pairs of Jordans outside of nike authorized retailers? Nothing. IF this is the case, then the shoes are still AUTHENTIC, right? Same matetials same mold, but beying sold out the back door. Now, obviously I have no proof of this, but it's a huge possibility. So the underlying factor is if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then hell it's a duck. The duck might have been hatched from the same nest, but swims in a different pond. So my assessment is that are the shoes authentic? most likely. Are they being legitimately sold? No. Will, let's just say, $100 price difference convince you to buy them from an authorized nike/JB retailer or from they grey market? Assuming my theory is correct.

The bottom line is that the only difference you guys are trying to argue is that legality of the shoes. Ninja made a great point. What will stop a factory from making and selling the exact same pairs of Jordans outside of nike authorized retailers? Nothing. IF this is the case, then the shoes are still AUTHENTIC, right? Same matetials same mold, but beying sold out the back door. Now, obviously I have no proof of this, but it's a huge possibility. So the underlying factor is if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then hell it's a duck. The duck might have been hatched from the same nest, but swims in a different pond. So my assessment is that are the shoes authentic? most likely. Are they being legitimately sold? No. Will, let's just say, $100 price difference convince you to buy them from an authorized nike/JB retailer or from they grey market? Assuming my theory is correct.

Do i gotta go find method mans post explaining why they wouldnt be authentic? Or can u go back a few pages?

I like ninjahood tho

Least he aint an old fake rocker

Those dudes in 2002-2010 with crappy fakes used to stand behind em hard.

And he usually takes it in stride.

Kinda dude who would say he aint take the cookie tho he got crumbs all over himself,, just outta principal. haha

Last edited:
I dont see too many silver boxes in there my man! Faceboxes yes. How old r u!?! 19? Haha

Jk with u.

Last edited:
Do i gotta go find method mans post explaining why they wouldnt be authentic? Or can u go back a few pages?

If you're referring to opening up the shoe to see if the same technology (ie air bubble) is in them, then no. Has anyone attempted to do that?

No dude. The one where he explains do t matter where they are made. If they arent shipped over here to nike/jb, they r unauthorized and illegally made.

No dude. The one where he explains do t matter where they are made. If they arent shipped over here to nike/jb, they r unauthorized and illegally made.
i never disagreed with either of those points, in fact i agree thats exactly whats going on, what we are bumping heads on

is da fact that da SAME dudes who are behind authorized pairs as ALSO behind these grey market pairs, and being thats

da case, da ACTUAL product are in fact authentic pairs.

Good vid. I didn't watch it all though. Isn't there a such thing as an Asia release for Jordan's though, that come with the gold sticker on the box? What would that be classified as?

U r not telling a lie i will say that

But whose to say they are made in same factory?

Maybe thats a caveat to making them, the chinese people make sure its all set it all up in a different factory, just to semi cover their ***** with nike?

Just throwing it out there.

Man they are light years ahead of those nasty fakes from 10 years ago.

They are soooooo close it aint even funny. But i aint gonna buy em n cut em up to find out haha

i never disagreed with either of those points, in fact i agree thats exactly whats going on, what we are bumping heads on

is da fact that da SAME dudes who are behind authorized pairs as ALSO behind these grey market pairs, and being thats

da case, da ACTUAL product are in fact authentic pairs.

illegal.

Last edited:
those XVII's would have zero problems
The hell they would.  

Any college blue XVII with a 2012 production date is obviously fake.  No consignment store worth a damn would accept them.  They'd be knowingly selling bootleg sneakers.

You're buying fakes and rationalizing it by saying "nobody will be able to tell."  That's the same thing a Nolex owner tells themselves, or the guy with lead weights in his silly gold chain, or the fools who bought Hata Takashi's "high quality replica" XIs in 2001. 

In the late 90's, and perhaps you don't know this since you weren't part of the online sneaker scene back then, fake shoes were routinely given the euphemism "factory variants."   Same garbage logic.  "They're made in real Nike factories with spare parts!  They make EXCLUSIVE colorways after hours!  They're JUST AS GOOD!!!!"  

It's attractive logic if you're 15 and you want to stand out or flaunt a product that's no longer commercially available and you never obtained at release.  The truly hilarious irony in all of this is that if everyone accepted your definition of "authentic," your prized collection would soon be worth about 2 grand tops.  Anyone could buy any pair in your closet for at or below retail price.  Why would they pay a premium for yours?  You bought them from Foot Locker on release date in 1999?  So what?  They bought theirs in 2013 for $125.  "Nobody can tell the difference, so they're just as good!"  Concords from 1996?  Pssh.  Why pay more for those?  Buy "early release" Concords in 2014 for $160.  Just as good and in 10 years THEY'LL be yellowed and you can just lie and tell everyone they're OG, right? 

Congratulations: you've spent a week and a half arguing to completely obliterate the value of something you've seemingly devoted your entire adult life to accumulating.  

Hmmm...2 mods consecutively posting about the same topic, but having different stances. Intriguing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom