Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Wanted to play some gt5 but there were 4 @*+++%# updates for me to install. After they were finished i played like 5 min and said this is boring and quit.

Wanted to play some gt5 but there were 4 @*+++%# updates for me to install. After they were finished i played like 5 min and said this is boring and quit.

I haven't played Forza so I can't compare, but if that game has a solid online mode then by default it beats GT5. I love GT5 A-Spec, but I can beat the whole thing (minus endurance races) in a few weeks. After that, there's NOTHING to do. Those seasonal events are too easy (I don't cheat either, I look up the typical opponents and use cars with the same/lower HP) and the online mode is GARBAGE. Takes too long to load and too much effort to find a race where the cars are equal.

I haven't played Forza so I can't compare, but if that game has a solid online mode then by default it beats GT5. I love GT5 A-Spec, but I can beat the whole thing (minus endurance races) in a few weeks. After that, there's NOTHING to do. Those seasonal events are too easy (I don't cheat either, I look up the typical opponents and use cars with the same/lower HP) and the online mode is GARBAGE. Takes too long to load and too much effort to find a race where the cars are equal.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

I haven't played Forza so I can't compare, but if that game has a solid online mode then by default it beats GT5. I love GT5 A-Spec, but I can beat the whole thing (minus endurance races) in a few weeks. After that, there's NOTHING to do.
That's one thing i didn't like, a-spec was ridiculously short. I remember i bought the game release date and by christmas i was done with all of a spec minus some endurance races.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

I haven't played Forza so I can't compare, but if that game has a solid online mode then by default it beats GT5. I love GT5 A-Spec, but I can beat the whole thing (minus endurance races) in a few weeks. After that, there's NOTHING to do.
That's one thing i didn't like, a-spec was ridiculously short. I remember i bought the game release date and by christmas i was done with all of a spec minus some endurance races.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Sorry boost but Forza 4 is better across the board hands down. If it were on PS3, you'd be playing it right now.
Nah, I wouldn't lol.
I played Forza 4 at my local Bestbuy, and the only thing I pull away from it compare to GT5 is the cars (engine) sounds better. 
Did you play the demo or the real game? I'm not biased at all, i've been playing the GT series since the first one and i think Forza 4 is much better then GT5. GT5 car selection is crap and physics wise is lacking compared to Forza. Not to mention rivals mode and in general the live community makes the game extremely deep. Monthly dlc to top it off. I'm not gonna bash anyone for picking one or the other, its all preference. Just thought i'd add in my view of the game before all the GT fanboys here bash the game without even playing it. I've logged in days worth of hours into GT5 so i have a pretty good feel for both games.

I don't want to debate anything, like i said i just thought i'd give my feedback since i've logged several hours into both games. Not here to troll at all.
It was the full game. 
I don't know if you tried Spec 2.0 of GT5, but the physics have greatly improve, its better than Forza 4 IMO. Forza 4 has step it up over 3, but still not on GT level. Graphics/Track Sceneary is Forza 4 achillies heel it seem. On the other hand I wish GT5 had more premium models, IE: Forza has 500 really detailed models, but GT premium models look better than Forza's. 

GT5:

MdwQ8.jpg

Forza 4:

4702.jpg

Forza still has a looong way to go. 

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Sorry boost but Forza 4 is better across the board hands down. If it were on PS3, you'd be playing it right now.
Nah, I wouldn't lol.
I played Forza 4 at my local Bestbuy, and the only thing I pull away from it compare to GT5 is the cars (engine) sounds better. 
Did you play the demo or the real game? I'm not biased at all, i've been playing the GT series since the first one and i think Forza 4 is much better then GT5. GT5 car selection is crap and physics wise is lacking compared to Forza. Not to mention rivals mode and in general the live community makes the game extremely deep. Monthly dlc to top it off. I'm not gonna bash anyone for picking one or the other, its all preference. Just thought i'd add in my view of the game before all the GT fanboys here bash the game without even playing it. I've logged in days worth of hours into GT5 so i have a pretty good feel for both games.

I don't want to debate anything, like i said i just thought i'd give my feedback since i've logged several hours into both games. Not here to troll at all.
It was the full game. 
I don't know if you tried Spec 2.0 of GT5, but the physics have greatly improve, its better than Forza 4 IMO. Forza 4 has step it up over 3, but still not on GT level. Graphics/Track Sceneary is Forza 4 achillies heel it seem. On the other hand I wish GT5 had more premium models, IE: Forza has 500 really detailed models, but GT premium models look better than Forza's. 

GT5:

MdwQ8.jpg

Forza 4:

4702.jpg

Forza still has a looong way to go. 

ahhhh that pic doesn't say much about the game. It is obvious that the premium part of gt5 has better graphics. But Forza graphics are still amazing. And that isn't even counting the damage,
eek.gif

ahhhh that pic doesn't say much about the game. It is obvious that the premium part of gt5 has better graphics. But Forza graphics are still amazing. And that isn't even counting the damage,
eek.gif

Amar from GTP has "unlocked" the DLC ahead of Tues' official release. Spa is stunning.

Amar from GTP has "unlocked" the DLC ahead of Tues' official release. Spa is stunning.

It won't be available till Tuesday. He's supposedly a game-journo so I guess he got early-access.

They lower the rewards back to their original levels. They only upped it after PSN went-down. This is what they're supposed to be.

It won't be available till Tuesday. He's supposedly a game-journo so I guess he got early-access.

They lower the rewards back to their original levels. They only upped it after PSN went-down. This is what they're supposed to be.

EDIT: Beaten
laugh.gif

Anybody got the DFGT wheel? OS has it refurb for $80 shipped, thinking about pulling the trigger

original

EDIT: Beaten
laugh.gif

Anybody got the DFGT wheel? OS has it refurb for $80 shipped, thinking about pulling the trigger

original

Back
Top Bottom