Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Yep. I would def take 300 premiums over what we currently have. Better sounds, better servers, better customization and more tracks.

It is true, I am really disappointed with the standard cars. Like, it is almost like I cannot comprehend why they would do such a thing. I absolutely hate driving those and seeing them on the road. And that new simplified cockpit view? Oh Lawd

But when you get into a premium car (Lambo) where the sounds and sense of speed (cockpit view) are on point, Gran Turismo 5 >*. It just is a shame that it isn't consistent across the board.
I understand your frustration. I forget where I read it but PD said it took them a hell of a lot time to create each premium car in the game because they are so detail orientated.
At the same time though there are like 10 premium cars in GT5 where I shake my head and say "Why the hell did PD waste time doing a premium model for this car".
BIG for emphasis. #@%# doing a premium Samba bus or some old car with 15hp. Complete waste of time.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Yep. I would def take 300 premiums over what we currently have. Better sounds, better servers, better customization and more tracks.

It is true, I am really disappointed with the standard cars. Like, it is almost like I cannot comprehend why they would do such a thing. I absolutely hate driving those and seeing them on the road. And that new simplified cockpit view? Oh Lawd

But when you get into a premium car (Lambo) where the sounds and sense of speed (cockpit view) are on point, Gran Turismo 5 >*. It just is a shame that it isn't consistent across the board.
I understand your frustration. I forget where I read it but PD said it took them a hell of a lot time to create each premium car in the game because they are so detail orientated.
At the same time though there are like 10 premium cars in GT5 where I shake my head and say "Why the hell did PD waste time doing a premium model for this car".
BIG for emphasis. #@%# doing a premium Samba bus or some old car with 15hp. Complete waste of time.

nicedudewithnicedreams wrote:
A lot of people complain about GT5, but I still question these complainers considering what we have seen from the original GT to the Prologue. I would complain too if I was expecting GT5 to be more like Forza, but I already knew what I was gonna get out of the game. 
grin.gif

I don't want GT5 to be like Forza, I want GT5 to be GT5.
Forza is playing catch up, not the other way around. While each new Forza gets better, it still does not hold a candle to GT5. Forza 4 car models are much better than Forza 3, but they're are not GT5 level. People talk about graphics when they mention these too, but case and point, the 'lighting'. Turn 10 has not nailed the lighting down on the cars. They still have a glossy or plastic look to them. Even with there new IBL (image based lighting) technique some cars just don't have the detail ofGT5. Also there IBL does not allow for night/weather changing, GT5 does.

Also Forza 4 trackenvironmentsare to bright, over bloom. If you've seen Nurb track in Forza 4, it's not even close to the real life track. The concrete texture is off, too shiney, almost plasticly. Here is a good video comparasion of GT5 vs. Forza 4, ull see what I mean

Get More: GameTrailers.com, Forza Motorsport 4 - Forza 4 vs. Gran Turismo 5, PC Games, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

nicedudewithnicedreams wrote:
A lot of people complain about GT5, but I still question these complainers considering what we have seen from the original GT to the Prologue. I would complain too if I was expecting GT5 to be more like Forza, but I already knew what I was gonna get out of the game. 
grin.gif

I don't want GT5 to be like Forza, I want GT5 to be GT5.
Forza is playing catch up, not the other way around. While each new Forza gets better, it still does not hold a candle to GT5. Forza 4 car models are much better than Forza 3, but they're are not GT5 level. People talk about graphics when they mention these too, but case and point, the 'lighting'. Turn 10 has not nailed the lighting down on the cars. They still have a glossy or plastic look to them. Even with there new IBL (image based lighting) technique some cars just don't have the detail ofGT5. Also there IBL does not allow for night/weather changing, GT5 does.

Also Forza 4 trackenvironmentsare to bright, over bloom. If you've seen Nurb track in Forza 4, it's not even close to the real life track. The concrete texture is off, too shiney, almost plasticly. Here is a good video comparasion of GT5 vs. Forza 4, ull see what I mean

Get More: GameTrailers.com, Forza Motorsport 4 - Forza 4 vs. Gran Turismo 5, PC Games, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Sorry boost but Forza 4 is better across the board hands down. If it were on PS3, you'd be playing it right now.

Sorry boost but Forza 4 is better across the board hands down. If it were on PS3, you'd be playing it right now.

Don't want to turn this into a Vs debate, but how's the physics on FM4? I've never played FM or even own an X360. Just curious.

Don't want to turn this into a Vs debate, but how's the physics on FM4? I've never played FM or even own an X360. Just curious.

Nah, I wouldn't lol.
I played Forza 4 at my local Bestbuy, and the only thing I pull away from it compare to GT5 is the cars (engine) sounds better. 

Nah, I wouldn't lol.
I played Forza 4 at my local Bestbuy, and the only thing I pull away from it compare to GT5 is the cars (engine) sounds better. 

Eh... it's closing a gap maybe, but better across the board?

Eh... it's closing a gap maybe, but better across the board?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

It's really good man, better than GT5 v1.0+, but since the new 2.0 update GT really out did Forza 4. I think the most noticeable difference is the tire grip on the tarmac and tarmac feedback to the controller. Much better than Pre 2.0 GT5. 

Originally Posted by SinnerP

It's really good man, better than GT5 v1.0+, but since the new 2.0 update GT really out did Forza 4. I think the most noticeable difference is the tire grip on the tarmac and tarmac feedback to the controller. Much better than Pre 2.0 GT5. 

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Nah, I wouldn't lol.
Did you play the demo or the real game? I'm not biased at all, i've been playing the GT series since the first one and i think Forza 4 is much better then GT5. GT5 car selection is crap and physics wise is lacking compared to Forza. Not to mention rivals mode and in general the live community makes the game extremely deep. Monthly dlc to top it off. I'm not gonna bash anyone for picking one or the other, its all preference. Just thought i'd add in my view of the game before all the GT fanboys here bash the game without even playing it. I've logged in days worth of hours into GT5 so i have a pretty good feel for both games.

I don't want to debate anything, like i said i just thought i'd give my feedback since i've logged several hours into both games. Not here to troll at all.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Nah, I wouldn't lol.
Did you play the demo or the real game? I'm not biased at all, i've been playing the GT series since the first one and i think Forza 4 is much better then GT5. GT5 car selection is crap and physics wise is lacking compared to Forza. Not to mention rivals mode and in general the live community makes the game extremely deep. Monthly dlc to top it off. I'm not gonna bash anyone for picking one or the other, its all preference. Just thought i'd add in my view of the game before all the GT fanboys here bash the game without even playing it. I've logged in days worth of hours into GT5 so i have a pretty good feel for both games.

I don't want to debate anything, like i said i just thought i'd give my feedback since i've logged several hours into both games. Not here to troll at all.

Back
Top Bottom