Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

So in a semi-football related, feel good kind of story, Michigan fans esp may enjoy, two weeks ago on Saturday my uncle had a stroke. I emailed Mike Barwis, RRod's former S&C coach, asking if he would write a letter to my aunt and uncle to sort of give them inspiration/motivation to get thru this. If you guys didnt see the story about Brock Mealer, he was paralyzed in a car crash and Barwis helped him walk again so I know he is good w/ this sort of thing. So a week goes by and I don't hear anything, he had the grand opening for a gym he opened up here in MI this past weekend so I thought he was prolly just busy w/ that. Well yesterday evening I get a response, multiple actually and he sounds absolutely thrilled to help. He's asking what size t-shirt they wear and where can he send a package to. I sit down last night to reply and give him the info, he sends me another email around 10:30 while I'm typing my reply to see if I had received his previous emails.

Just thought I'd share. I know Mike isn't working for a college anymore but I know people think highly of him in his profession. He told me he helped rehab a stroke victim who had brain cancer and brain surgery while he was rehabbing Brock.

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by RunsHouse23

Originally Posted by swendro88

I can take a joke, but not the same tired %%# jokes from SC fans who refuse to believe that a large part of their recent success is due to an ineligible player and that whole era amounts to %++$.

Dude is getting real sensitive. It's always going to be the same tired joke lol.

No, it really has nothing to do with sensitivity. I've made and laughed at plenty of Michigan jokes the past three years. I'm not one of those Michigan fans that pissed and moaned the entire rich rod era. I dealt with all that just fine. Always looked for positives and improvements. That joke though has lost it's luster, what with being told so many times and all. But just keep co-signing the people with high post counts, bud, and you'll do fine here.

And of course the joke is never truly complete until Iron man posts a montage of rose bowl pics to prove how smart and right he is. I'm not saying you can't enjoy the times you had watching those games, but I do think you lose to right to piss on schools that do things the right way.

I've been doing fine for a while in here. I just don't post about UM when its already been said. No need to quote people with a high post count to make it through here. Us UM fans have taking our fair shares of jokes and beatdowns from everybody here. Anyway, Golden is getting his Mack Brown on and locking up his class early. Anybody have an idea how big this class is going to be? I see it being a pretty big class

Originally Posted by zs05wc

So in a semi-football related, feel good kind of story, Michigan fans esp may enjoy, two weeks ago on Saturday my uncle had a stroke. I emailed Mike Barwis, RRod's former S&C coach, asking if he would write a letter to my aunt and uncle to sort of give them inspiration/motivation to get thru this. If you guys didnt see the story about Brock Mealer, he was paralyzed in a car crash and Barwis helped him walk again so I know he is good w/ this sort of thing. So a week goes by and I don't hear anything, he had the grand opening for a gym he opened up here in MI this past weekend so I thought he was prolly just busy w/ that. Well yesterday evening I get a response, multiple actually and he sounds absolutely thrilled to help. He's asking what size t-shirt they wear and where can he send a package to. I sit down last night to reply and give him the info, he sends me another email around 10:30 while I'm typing my reply to see if I had received his previous emails.

Just thought I'd share. I know Mike isn't working for a college anymore but I know people think highly of him in his profession. He told me he helped rehab a stroke victim who had brain cancer and brain surgery while he was rehabbing Brock.

He is an all around GREAT GUY. He is loyal to a fault with RR and how RR wants his players to look. 270lbs OL are not goiong to cut it in the Big Ten however.

Best wishes to your uncle.  

Who do you guys think is the best OT in this recruiting class? Andrus Peat impresses the hell out of me with his size and how lean he looks. Plus his lower body seems like it will be able to hold 330lbs with no problems. Also, Arik Armstead is on the same level.

pimp.gif
@ Barwis

Hope everything works out w/ your uncle bro. Best wishes!

I was pretty shocked to hear that Ben Braden came to camp at about 320 lbs. I now he's far from the best OL but that's pretty damn big for a HS kid.

CP1708 wrote:
The Auburn players that were getting paid to play, beat the Oregon players that were getting paid to play.  Simple. 

You got no footing to stand on there bro, won't be long before the Ducks payment plans see the light of day same as Auburn's.   

I mean, I didn't know it would only be a few hours or anything, but not too shabby. 
laugh.gif

I was pretty shocked to hear that Ben Braden came to camp at about 320 lbs. I now he's far from the best OL but that's pretty damn big for a HS kid.

They said he is as solidly built as they have seen around Michigan in a LONG time. Not bad weight just an ox of a man.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Can't believe this guy gave Oregon outdated stuff and had the audacity to charge for it. 
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at the tattoo parlor in Ohio not accepting paper currency.

AQEWFASDLKJ
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ that bonehead Lyles. Seriously how long would it have taken him to poach something from Rivals' current class? A couple days maybe?

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Can't believe this guy gave Oregon outdated stuff and had the audacity to charge for it. 
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I guarantee that there's a barber shop in Florida with a GUNNA-signed knee brace hanging above a mirror...

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I guarantee that there's a barber shop in Florida with a GUNNA-signed knee brace hanging above a mirror...

eek.gif
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I think i know what your trying to get at, but wouldn't you say knee pad?
joke could just be flying over my head right now

pimp.gif
 yup barwis is that dude...just look at where his last two assistants ended up

all the best to your fam

u should post this on the um boards as well

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

30t6p3b.gif

Injured knee, bro.

30t6p3b.gif

00dd0tfa

someone photoshop in a ucf or ut logo on that tee.

Wish I had the photoshop skills to pull that off, 
laugh.gif

UNC receives notice of allegations

Associated Press

North Carolina has received a notice of allegations from the NCAA outlining violations in its football program.

Team spokesman Kevin Best confirmed the school had received the notice, though it hadn't been released as of Tuesday afternoon. The NCAA had said it planned to complete its investigation into coach Butch Davis' program this month.

The school confirmed last summer that NCAA investigators had visited the Chapel Hill campus. The probe initially focused on improper benefits but later expanded to include academic misconduct.

Fourteen players missed at least one game last season due to the investigation. Seven were ruled out for the entire year, while an eighth was cleared at midseason but decided to redshirt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6688739

Originally Posted by Nako XL

00dd0tfa

someone photoshop in a ucf or ut logo on that tee.

laugh.gif

Maybe later.

Back
Top Bottom