Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by dreClark

Calmate bro. Just take the joke in stride
laugh.gif

I can take a joke, but not the same tired %%# jokes from SC fans who refuse to believe that a large part of their recent success is due to an ineligible player and that whole era amounts to %++$.

Dude is getting real sensitive. It's always going to be the same tired joke lol. I'm gonna need me those 2-0 UM shirts real quick to wear at the games before I can wear the 9-3 ones.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Miami only got one 9-3 finish since 2005 though, so how does that work?

Yea that's why they'd be celebrating that record with a T-shirt
laugh.gif
To be honest that'd be a pretty good start for Al after so many teams with decent talent flamed out under Randy Shannon.
I can see it now, "The U, 9-3: Living Our Life Like It's Golden! [emoji]169[/emoji]Jill Scott"
Originally Posted by CP1708

The Auburn players that were getting paid to play, beat the Oregon players that were getting paid to play.  Simple.  
Exactly. Yea Auburn is probably worse with it, but neither program's squeaky clean so it's a moot point. 

Question, if TCU goes undefeated when they join the Big East, will they get the Cincy treatment if the league is weak like usual or will they get more respect because they've been good for awhile now? I was talking about this with my friend, and I think even if the rest of the league is down they'll get the benefit of the doubt because they've proven that their talent/overall depth has been good enough to compete with BCS schools consistently (which Cincy had not shown when they went undefeated since they were more of a flash in the pan). Even though the Big East is weak, it's usually still better than the MWC and WAC so I think TCU will get more respect once they join and have a pretty good chance at getting to play for a title in the near future. 

To be fair, Alabama and Texas did go undefeated too, so that shouldn't be overlooked.

Best thing I can say in a case for TCU is continue to schedule good OOC games. Take a page from Bob Stoops and OU, it's why they're pretty much year in and out at the top of the initial BCS standings when they first appear.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Question, if TCU goes undefeated when they join the Big East, will they get the Cincy treatment if the league is weak like usual or will they get more respect because they've been good for awhile now?
It depends on TCU's ooc schedule and who else is undefeated. Right now TCU has OU, Arkansas, LSU, Virginia, and SMU on future schedules as long as those schools dont back out.

For example, in 2012 TCU's first year in the Big East, they will have an out of conference of Oklahoma, Virginia, and SMU along with the Big East conference games. Depending on what OU does that season, I could see TCU playing for the NC if they were undefeated.

^Word. I was gonna say if I were them I wouldn't try to load up on too many OOC games because you don't wanna knock yourself out of the title race with OOC losses like we've done. But as a fan I'd rather teams in that spot (good teams, weak conference schedule) try and bolster their resume with marquee OOC games because it's more entertaining. Though personally on VT's end I'm through with that because we always lose
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I can take a joke, but not the same tired %%# jokes from SC fans who refuse to believe that a large part of their recent success is due to an ineligible player and that whole era amounts to %++$.
laugh.gif
, It was just a joke bruh!

n8.gif

Spoiler [+]
Don't care what anyone says, you can't erase history
smokin.gif
Spoiler [+]
oklahoma-sooners-v-usc-trojallns.jpg
Spoiler [+]
To this day there is no proof that Reggie took cash during the 2004 season, just saying.
Spoiler [+]
Reggie wasn't ineligible in 2003,
wink.gif
, He was already in the NFL in 2006
Spoiler [+]
matt-leinart-usc-trojans-rose-bowl-autographed-photograph-3391384.jpg
Spoiler [+]
michdefense.jpg
Spoiler [+]
72911539.jpg

Newbs, you are not a fan of O'brien? I believe he is more of a DT, right? Do you think he'd affect someone like Pipkins?

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Newbs, you are not a fan of O'brien? I believe he is more of a DT, right? Do you think he'd affect someone like Pipkins?

Oh no, I am a big fan. Kid is a run stopping 1 tech NT/DT. Mean as hell and thrives when he is in the trenches. he kind of kid Michigan needs. Would be nice to take a kid away from Tennessee that they really wanted. Sparty as well.
Different position than Pipkins. Pipkins is more of a 3 tech, who likes to get into the backfield. Might make Pipkins want to play more at Michigan if they get OBrien. Would love to play next to a fire hydrant like him.

Getting both would be so good. Add Adolphus and this DL is as good as I could have imagined. Makes the LBs even better since they would free them up.

Wait explain to me how Oregon would get in trouble for that player profile thing? Srsly; I dont know.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Wait explain to me how Oregon would get in trouble for that player profile thing? Srsly; I dont know.

???

they Paid Willie Lyles immediately after signing Lache SeaStrunk.

the list the "paid" for , is for players who were apart of the 09 class...

do u get it now?

they didnt pay for that list, they paid for Lache.

and the bogus list was supposed to throw off the paper trail but it was idioticly executed 

Oregon's run is about to End rather quickly

[h1]Reports Oregon paid $25K for contained no ’11 recruits?[/h1]

Uh.  Oh.

Earlier Monday, we noted that, in response to an open records request, Oregon released many documents related to recruiting services in general and one owned by Willie Lyles in particular.

We also noted that there was not really any new information contained in the documents.  Further digging by George Schroeder of the Eugene Register-Guard and Aaron Fentress of The Oregonian, however, revealed a whopper of an elephant squatting in the middle of the Ducks’ living room.

And, because of it, the university could have some explaining to do.

In late February of 2010, Oregon purchased for $25,000 from Lyles’ Complete Scouting Services what was described as a “2011 National Package

Originally Posted by CP1708

I seen a Duck dude rockin his 12-0 shirt around town the other day. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I almost wanna buy 1.
laugh.gif

If Miami starts out 2-0 next year, best believe I'll be sellin shirts like hotcakes. 
smokin.gif
I still wear mine 
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
 brother got it for me for Christmas. fits nicely. 
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by RunsHouse23

laugh.gif

Dude is getting real sensitive. It's always going to be the same tired joke lol.

No, it really has nothing to do with sensitivity. I've made and laughed at plenty of Michigan jokes the past three years. I'm not one of those Michigan fans that pissed and moaned the entire rich rod era. I dealt with all that just fine. Always looked for positives and improvements. That joke though has lost it's luster, what with being told so many times and all. But just keep co-signing the people with high post counts, bud, and you'll do fine here.

And of course the joke is never truly complete until Iron man posts a montage of rose bowl pics to prove how smart and right he is. I'm not saying you can't enjoy the times you had watching those games, but I do think you lose to right to piss on schools that do things the right way.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Noskey

???

they Paid Willie Lyles immediately after signing Lache SeaStrunk.

the list the "paid" for , is for players who were apart of the 09 class...

do u get it now?

they didnt pay for that list, they paid for Lache.

and the bogus list was supposed to throw off the paper trail but it was idioticly executed 

Oregon's run is about to End rather quickly

Oh, right. I wasnt connecting the dots with Lache. Completely forgot. Well, lets see how this plays out
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
You're on the edge of the cliff. It's all fun, it wasn't meant to hurt your feelings. You can't take this %*!% too serious. It's banter, everyone has taken their share. I hope you are not going to play the holier than thou card by saying Michigan does things the right way. They have their own missteps and spotty history, just be glad that it happened when the NCAA was tue ing a blind eye to players getting loot and slapping major programs on the wrist. We were made an example and soon other schools will follow, it's only a matter of time. It was a simple joke with truth in it. It's funny cause the major Michigan posters only seem to post in the off season and then disappear. Just Cause Michigan sucks doesn't mean you can't comment on other CFB games. CFB ceases to exist when Michigan's season goes in the toilet. I wouldn't have posted the montage if it wasn't for the snarky remark. Thanks for ruining a harmless joke Lord Buzzkill.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Gunna, how much does Tennessee want Danny OBrien to commit? I hope they want him bad.

OBrien had been their #2 DT on the board for a year or so now. They want him badly

If they miss on him its a pretty big  failure.

also the Vol staff has dropped the ball AGAIN, similar to last year with Trip thurman and eric Maclain in 2011

Sthepan Diggs who is a Beast loved UT, loves the campus and for soem reason no one extended him a scholarship offer                 **facepalm** well now theyre playing catch up
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

You're on the edge of the cliff. It's all fun, it wasn't meant to hurt your feelings. You can't take this #%+@ too serious. It's banter, everyone has taken their share.

You're not hurting my feelings. I was just asking questions. I think everyone in this thread is good people. I don't laugh at every joke in here though.
I hope you are not going to play the holier than thou card by saying Michigan does things the right way. They have their own missteps and spotty history, just be glad that it happened when the NCAA was tue ing a blind eye to players getting loot and slapping major programs on the wrist

Hmm... I'm not so sure about this. Basketball, yes of course, but football? Who?
I wouldn't have posted the montage if it wasn't for the snarky remark. Thanks for ruining a harmless joke Lord Buzzkill.

So you're not going to tell it anymore?
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom