Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by asianplayer

TE Christo Kourzidis commits to Florida State
Yep.

Which virtually guarantees Kent Taylor is now going to PSU or UF.

Also picked up a commitment from OG/NT James Hamilton and P Cason Beatty (From Charlotte, NC
pimp.gif
) . Neither are earth shattering and both committed a day after recieving their offer. Both kind of a surprise.

And AJ Leggett may be switching schools AGAIN (
laugh.gif
) I know he wasn't at the Homestead game this weekend and people are surmising that he is gonna transfer.

Also KJ23, @ this point I'm not really worried about Fowler, even w/ all the visits. Though he does plan to bring his fam to UF this week I believe. Y'all are selling PT super hard
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Tech now has Reginald Davis, Dominique Wheeler and Marcus Johnson at receiver in the 2012 class... Nasty.

[h1]Wolf Pack: Wimberly's injuries 'life-changing'[/h1][h6]Comments[/h6]
bilde

Purchase Image
[h6]Nevada's Brandon Wimberly walks down the field during a 2009 practice. / Liz Margerum/RGJ File[/h6]

[h6]Written by[/h6][h5]Chris Murray[/h5]

[h3]The file on Brandon Wimberly[/h3]
Position: Wide Receiver
Height/weight: 6-3/195
Year: Junior
Hometown: Los Angeles
Career stats
YEARRECYDSAVGTD
Career941,21512.96

[h5]Related Links[/h5][*]Pack wide receiver Wimberly shot; unlikely to ever play again[*]Wolf Pack: Wimberly incident Pack's third with gun in last 4 years

Nevada football coach Chris Ault stood next to the hospital bed of standout wide receiver Brandon Wimberly on Saturday morning and delivered a simple message.

"I just grabbed his hand and said, 'We're with you. Let's get you healthy,'" Ault said. "Our entire concern right now is his health. This is a serious, serious injury."

Wimberly was shot once in the abdomen Saturday morning around 2:30 a.m. in downtown Reno. He suffered major injuries to his colon and intestines and underwent extensive surgery at a local hospital shortly after the incident.

While the injuries aren't life-threatening, they are being characterized as "life-changing." The incoming junior isn't expected to play football again.

"It's an extensive injury," said Ault, adding that Wimberly likely will be in the hospital for at least a week. "Another centimeter and the doctor said he might not have made it to the hospital."

Wimberly and four of his Wolf Pack teammates were at the Freight House District near Aces Ballpark when a fight started between the players and a separate group of people. Ault declined to identify who was with Wimberly.

After the fight, the second group got into a silver-colored car. Police say Wimberly approached the car and was shot by someone inside. The car then fled east on Second Street.

Ault said the players at the scene did not know what caused the fight and did not know who shot Wimberly.

Reno Police Lt. Keith Brown said no suspects have been identified yet.

"Right now, the investigation is continuing on how that happened," Brown said. "We'd really like to interview the person (who fired the gun) and hear their side of the story."

Brown initially said Nevada players at the scene were not cooperating in the investigation, but Ault said his players have cooperated and will continue to cooperate with police.

Wimberly, a two-year starter, is one of the most unlikely players to get in an incident of this nature, said his coach.
"He is probably the most-liked player on our team," Ault said. "It's unfortunate that it happened the way it did. And you see things like this and the next thing you know it's too late. I just thank God that we're not going to a funeral."

Wimberly, who is from Los Angeles, is known as one of the Pack’s most positive players. He has been singled out as a hard worker and the leader of the receiving corps.

The 2009 WAC freshman of the year caught 94 passes for 1,215 yards and six touchdowns in his first two seasons at Nevada.

“He just brings his lunch pail to work every day and competes and fights and finds a way to win,

Originally Posted by Statis22

I thought they always disappeared after the Notre Dame win, or when it starts to get cold, no?

I mean what has there been to discuss the past 3 years after the ND game? What could we really say that wouldn't be met with "lol Michigan sucks" replies? They've been completely irrelevant the past 3 years. How many other 3 win teams get discussed in this thread? Would you prefer this thread have about 900 more "Man, Michigan's defense sure sucks" posts in here? At least the Michigan fans here remain hopeful and are still passionate about the team.

I can't wait for future "oh looks like the Michigan fans decided to stick around the whole season now that they're good" posts. There will be many of them I'm sure.

I seen a Duck dude rockin his 12-0 shirt around town the other day. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I almost wanna buy 1.
laugh.gif

If Miami starts out 2-0 next year, best believe I'll be sellin shirts like hotcakes. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Calmate bro. Just take the joke in stride
laugh.gif

I can take a joke, but not the same tired %%# jokes from SC fans who refuse to believe that a large part of their recent success is due to an ineligible player and that whole era amounts to %++$.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by CP1708

If Miami starts out 2-0 next year, best believe I'll be sellin shirts like hotcakes. 
smokin.gif

Do the shirts say 9-3 on them? 

No man, 2-0 shirts.  Just like the 12-0 shirts they rock out here now.  Haven't seen anyone wearin a 12-1 shirt yet, you know, their actual record for the year. 
laugh.gif

I'm just gonna start tellin people I see wearin em, ya'll played 13 tho.....and give em the
wink.gif

Bro, it's 2011, gotta be careful about winking @ other men. Might get more than you bargained for.

.....Unless you're into that type of thing then by all means
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
  good point, this bein Oregon and all.  Lotta fruity dudes representin Ducks, cravin @#$%s. 

Alright, cancel the wink, just stay makin fun of them with the whole 12-1 angle. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
  good point, this bein Oregon and all.  Lotta fruity dudes representin Ducks, cravin @#$%s. 

Alright, cancel the wink, just stay makin fun of them with the whole 12-1 angle. 
We all know you're lying.

Haven't seen anyone wearin a 12-1 shirt yet, you know, their actual record for the year.
12-1* was our actual record.

You still got beat on the field though, asterisk or not.

OU can take their lumps, Oregon surely can too.

The Auburn players that were getting paid to play, beat the Oregon players that were getting paid to play.  Simple. 

You got no footing to stand on there bro, won't be long before the Ducks payment plans see the light of day same as Auburn's.   

Horned Frogs. 
pimp.gif

And yeah, I know the Ducks lost. Don't compare 'em to OU, though - the game was at least competitive.
laugh.gif

EDIT: And here comes CP with some dumb +!!$ that he probably read on his ihatetheoregonducks blog. I'm sure some OSU fan will come flying in to say something, too. "I heard this on the radio..."

Back
Top Bottom