Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Michigan staff putting in work
pimp.gif

Bama and VT in talks to play in 2013 Chick Fil A kick off game...
30t6p3b.gif
I guess we'll never learn huh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

TJ Milweard decommitted from VT and switched to ASU; apparently his parents decided VT was just too far/out of the way.
30t6p3b.gif
Probably the best pro style QB we've recruited in many years, if not ever.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Avery Johnson de-commits from LSU
Nah son...

"I'm still committed but i'm wide open."
laugh.gif

No way he can top his brothers recruiting antics though..

In other news....

Former Rivals writer who was fired admits that Rivals inflated recruiting rankings for recruits of teams who have larger subscriber bases. Nothing shocking really.

^Was it Barry Every? Cus he got fired from Rivals for saying something to that effect anyways
laugh.gif

VT fans are always whining about the stars conspiracy; we get more guys who end up being 5.7 3* than any other team it seems
laugh.gif
Conversely though, there have been a few guys where we were their only offer or they only had crappy schools on their offer list and they got bumped to a low 3* just because they committed to us, so it works both ways.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

^Was it Barry Every? Cus he got fired from Rivals for saying something to that effect anyways
laugh.gif

VT fans are always whining about the stars conspiracy; we get more guys who end up being 5.7 3* than any other team it seems
laugh.gif
Conversely though, there have been a few guys where we were their only offer or they only had crappy schools on their offer list and they got bumped to a low 3* just because they committed to us, so it works both ways.
Thats what I am thinking. Barry is now at 247 I am pretty sure. I really like that site. 

My boy at ASU was telling me about Milweard when I was out there. They had him rated as the highest QB on their board. He said he thinks they can turn him into the next Andrew Luck.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

My boy at ASU was telling me about Milweard when I was out there. They had him rated as the highest QB on their board. He said he thinks they can turn him into the next Andrew Luck.
Are they planning to hire Jim Harbaugh?

SC got a commitment from Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick, big body TE.

I don't know if he'll turn out to be on Luck's level, but his film on Rivals (though limited) looks pretty damn good. He's about the same size as Luck and has a great arm; he can already  make all the NFL throws and has good straight line speed and moves well in the pocket. When he first committed to VT nobody had any film on him and I figured he must not be that good because his offer list was shoddy, then I saw the film and was like floored at how good it was
laugh.gif

Apparently he had to sit out 09 because of mono, and then switched schools for '10 and plays at a small private school so it's tough to get a read on the competition level. Also for as good as his film looks, his stats were underwhelming. It's hard to say if that's because he's inconsistent or his teammates' talent level doesn't allow him to showcase how good he is. I thought if he played up to how good his film looks this year he'd easily get bumped to a 4*. 

In the long run it's probably better for him to go to ASU because our offense isn't the greatest to prepare a QB for the league. Still sucks to lose him though. 

KY S Jeremy Clark accepts a greyshirt offer from Michigan. Will more than likely be a full scholly if Jarrod Wilson goes somewhere else. Clark is all of 6-4 205lbs and the coaches feel he can stay at S in college. Runs a camp verified 4.48

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

SC got a commitment from Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick, big body TE.
Not sure why we have so many WR, RB, and TE commitments.
SC is backing off Jaydon Mickens.  Probably going to decommit soon.

Thurston announcing this afternoon. Kalis is coming to A2, seems like some people are feeling like he could pull the trigger on UofM if things go well. Wormley is coming too. Jarrod Wlson could possibly be deciding soon as well.

Chris Martin has left the team. Boom's statement said that his family thinks it might be best for him to be closer to home. I thought part of the reason he came to Florida was to get away from the troubles/distractions of being close to home. I'm not sure if he'll ever get his career on track but I hope he does.

Michigan guys what are you hearing about your chances with Sheldon Day? Everyone kinda assumed he was all UM but he hasn't committed yet and nobody's heard anything in awhile. If he doesn't go to UM I think we have a decent shot at him.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Michigan guys what are you hearing about your chances with Sheldon Day? Everyone kinda assumed he was all UM but he hasn't committed yet and nobody's heard anything in awhile. If he doesn't go to UM I think we have a decent shot at him.

he's a no-go

No Day for Michigan. Warren Central is never good to us. Kid can play tho. DTs on Michigan board are Danny OBrien and Ondre Pipkins

ND took a safety, perhaps its just down to UofM and psu for Wilson?

Also, Shane Morris killed it at some 7 on 7 this weekend.  I almost wish he was in this classs.

Dre you must lurk on Volnation
laugh.gif
I was gonna post that but idk how to post vids
frown.gif

But while I'm here, Saw the fball team the other day:
Justin Hunter has toned up, but hasnt gained a ton of mass, I think its just his body type

Da'Rick looks the same, Muscled up

Matt Milton looks like he's gained good muscle

Marlin Lane, Cam Clear, Curt Maggit, and AJ Johnson all look like SENIORS as far as their physical stature Jordan Williams and Trevarris Saulsberry look like they can play this year too

I dont see how Geraldo Orta and Tom Smith see the field this year, they need a redshirt

The team seems really close, especially the last two classes, DeAnthony Arnett looks kind've skinny but he seems like the most mentally mature person out of the group, and that may help him get on the field

Both Brian Randolph and Justin Coleman look like D1 dbs, dem GA boys will produce!

All I got for now..

Back
Top Bottom