Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Amir Carlisle committed to SC this weekend. We'll see if it sticks
I know this might sound kind of shallow, but I doubt it. Amir's Dad is the 49ers Strength Coach, if he wants to keep his job, his kid will be staying at Stanford.

I already made a thread about this, but I know a lot of you hang in here so I'll post it here as well.

Originally Posted by AndrewLuck

I know this might sound kind of shallow, but I doubt it. Amir's Dad is the 49ers Strength Coach, if he wants to keep his job, his kid will be staying at Stanford.

If he wants to keep his job? We're talking about Stanford here. Just wait, it'll be public soon

If he wants to keep his job? We're talking about Stanford here. Just wait, it'll be public soon
It is official, on SCplaybook. Jim Harbaugh will drop his *%@ like a bag of flies.

I'm kind of dissapointed that Carlisle is the "Kaboom" people were waiting for. Still hoping we somehow land Sarao/Vaughters.

Hopefully the great weather we have this weekend will flip some recruits.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I'm kind of dissapointed that Carlisle is the "Kaboom" people were waiting for. Still hoping we somehow land Sarao/Vaughters.

He isn't that great of a running back, he played against some of the worst competition in the Bay Area. 4 stars? Meh, high three star at most. You still have a shot at Sarao. Vaughters is Stanford/ OSU though.

In not so good news, John Brantley's dad says his son is coming back for his senior season.

Hopefully JB does nothing more than hold a clipboard on the sideline and Muschamp goes with Reed at QB.

Lee is flipping
wink.gif

No chance with Vaughters; we look good with Lamar Dawson though
wink.gif

He isn't that great of a running back, he played against some of the worst competition in the Bay Area. 4 stars? Meh, high three star at most. You still have a shot at Sarao. Vaughters is Stanford/ OSU though.

Who is this guy?
laugh.gif

I may have missed somebody post about it, but Jeff Pagan committed to Clemson this weekend (everyone knew that was coming). Him, Stephone Anthony, and Brandon Ellerbe were there visiting together. A lot of people think at least two of them will end up at the same spot, so Clemson's looking good there.

Florida recruitniks, what do you guys know about Robert Lockhart? VT just offered him recently. His offer list was garbage and he was unranked, apparently he didn't play at all his soph and junior years. He looks pretty legit from his highlight film though; Rivals upgraded him to a 5.6 3*. Hell, I like his film way better than Dominique Terrell's.

Kevin Grooms is probably gonna commit to Miami, even though he had a visit scheduled with us this week. If we can convince him that we can give him more early PT we might have a shot, but he grew up a huge Miami fan and loved his visit there. If we don't get him I think we're gonna go after Allan Wasonga from WV.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

In not so good news, John Brantley's dad says his son is coming back for his senior season.

Hopefully JB does nothing more than hold a clipboard on the sideline and Muschamp goes with Reed at QB.

Well if Muschamp gives him the right offense (which he should) Brantley should be fine. But I'm not opposed to Reed starting as long as he's ready to.

laugh.gif
Grooms

two yrs ago when Florida State was on him heavy, he grew up a Seminole fan.

hes def going to Miami.

that Wasonga cat is a rotten apple. very bad kid. Not sure if you guys want him on the squad, but then again, yall are recruiting Grooms too and he's a known Trapstar

Leilon Willingham left CU still committed to A&M tmay... Looks like he's A&M's so long as the official next weekend goes well. Doesn't look promising with Kenny Williams though. Dude was playing somebody all along and it sounds like it might have been A&M.. Aggies might be moving on and trying to jump in on Andrew Buie late.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
Grooms

two yrs ago when Florida State was on him heavy, he grew up a Seminole fan.

hes def going to Miami.

that Wasonga cat is a rotten apple. very bad kid. Not sure if you guys want him on the squad, but then again, yall are recruiting Grooms too and he's a known Trapstar
laugh.gif
Well I saw Grooms saying he was a huge fan of Miami and would have committed a long time ago if they had offered...I didn't know he was just a frontrunner like that lol. I know he went to juvie awhile back but I guess he's been clean for long enough that they weren't worried about it.
I heard similar things about Wasonga, but nobody ever specifically says what's so bad about him. All the WVU boards said they no longer were recruiting him and they'd be better off without him. Is it his attitude or what? That was apparently the reason we quit recruiting Terrell, so I'd be surprised if they went after Wasonga if he's even worse. I mean, we've not been recruiting him at all and I don't know if we will offer him if we don't get Grooms, I just saw that Wasonga was the only other RB even in the picture at this point.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Well if Muschamp gives him the right offense (which he should) Brantley should be fine. But I'm not opposed to Reed starting as long as he's ready to.

My thing is that Brantley's problems aren't solved by a switch in system.

His confidence
Captain Checkdown
Passes batted down
Sailing Throws
Booing from the fans

What of those problems are solved by a switch in offense?

Not just because of Brantley but next year is gonna be a rough year, just hope the fanbase shows some patience. 6-6 is a very possible.

so when he plays in a prostyle offense next year and puts in work what will u say?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Mamba MVP wrote:

so when he plays in a prostyle offense next year and puts in work what will u say?

laugh.gif
@ thinking Brantley is going to be good next year just because he'll be in a pro-style offense.

Did you watch him play this year?

Last I checked...even in a spread you can't stare down WR's. Last I checked, even in a spread you still have to be able to go through progressions. Switching to a pro style isn't going to make him stop checking down all the time either.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by Noskey

My thing is that Brantley's problems aren't solved by a switch in system.

His confidence
Captain Checkdown
Passes batted down
Sailing Throws
Booing from the fans

What of those problems are solved by a switch in offense?

Not just because of Brantley but next year is gonna be a rough year, just hope the fanbase shows some patience. 6-6 is a very possible.

Georgia 'Walk-It-Out' Pt II on yall aaa this year son
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Mamba MVP wrote:

laugh.gif
@ thinking Brantley is going to be good next year just because he'll be in a pro-style offense.

Did you watch him play this year?

Last I checked...even in a spread you can't stare down WR's. Last I checked, even in a spread you still have to be able to go through progressions. Switching to a pro style isn't going to make him stop checking down all the time either.

Brantley is Definitely far behind where he should be , through no fault of his own.

those same coaches who didnt coach up Tebow did JB an even bigger disservice seeing how he isnt atletically gifted.

he is going to look like a 1st yr QB next yr, no matter what

Back
Top Bottom