Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Dudes talkin bout "UGA fans, u can see the dream team play together... in the Iron Bowl"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif
  We probably wouldn't have used Bray correctly anyway.  He saw what was happening with Branden Smith.(Although Smith is a CB they got a similar skill set)

Marlin Lane has been in constant contact with the Vols staff.

I believe hes just feeling things out.

they like him more than Bellamy tho. thats for sure, Speedy's attitude is a huge hinderance

UA Week: Final Blog

By Bill Greene
Ohio recruiting analyst
Posted Jan 6, 2011

| More

After four days of practice, a skills competition, and last night's game, the Under Armour festivities have concluded. The weather was perfect, the players were talented, and here are some final thoughts from Scout.com's Bill Greene.

Another great week in Orlando for the ESPN Under Armour folks, and everything about the way these people do their business is first class. Here are some final thoughts on the week.
First off, just about every player performed in the game as they did all week in practice, which is a rarity for these types of events. Basically, what the fans saw during the game was what we saw all week long, for the most part.

Here are some of the highlights of the week, from one perspective, after a week of trying to balance time equally between both squads:

Quote Machine: It's still Deion Sanders, and none of the players in the game came close to 'Prime.' Some examples are Sanders becoming frustrated with the defensive backs in the back-pedal drill, then showing them EXACTLY how it should be done, "All this at 43-years old? Go home and ask your daddy if he can do that." Or explaining proper technique to Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, and telling him "You better get that arm inside, or the next thing you're gonna hear is the band playing after the touchdown." Can't beat 'Prime-Time' for entertainment value, and he really coached his guys up and took it seriously.

Hitting Machine: James Vaughters, headed to Stanford, was an impressive tackler all week long, and he just does not miss. He runs downhill to the football, and is as solid a tackler as there was in the game. He's not flashy, but he is solid, steady and physical, and should have a great college career.

Sean Taylor 2.0? It's borderline blasphemy to compare anywhere to Sean Taylor at the safety position, but Florida State recruit Karlos Williams sure brings back those types of memories. There was some debate over whether Williams can play safety at the next level, but I believe those were answered this week. Williams has the ability to control the middle of the field with his size and speed, and I think we will see that from Day One of his 'Nole career.

Quarterback Controversey? The debate coming into the game was between Braxton Miller and Jeff Driskel for the top quarterback spot, but this week it was between Max Wittek and Brett Hundley. The two West Coast passers were simply better on a daily basis than the other two, and it wasn't close. I do not believe a player should be rewarded for four days of impressing, opposed to a full season's body of work, but for this week, Wittek and Hundley were better. How will the final ranking shake out? Stay tuned.

Deserved To Be Here: There was some rumbling that Alabama commit Vinnie Sunseri did not belong in the game, and was only selected because of his name. His father is on the staff at Alabama, and it was thought the youngster might not belong in the game, but that thought went away after about 10 minutes of practice on Day One. Sunseri does not have ideal measurables, but he knows how to play the game and made more plays than the other higher-rated linebackers in the game.

Match The Hype: Jadeveon Clowney was hyped up so much coming into the game, it was impossible for him to live up to it, but HE DID. He might be the best defensive end prospect I've ever seen coming out of high school, and the play matched the film. Not a finished product by any means, and there is much work to be done, but he starts out closer to being a star than any defensive end I've ever seen. Will he work to get better? Does he want it it? We shall see, because the day is coming soon when talent will be equaled out.

Keep Doubting Me: Eli Rogers will not wow anyone with his physical gifts, because he's not the biggest, fastest, strongest, quickest, etc. etc. But, Rogers can get open, is fearless going across the middle, and does not drop the football. He should have a fine career at Louisville with his good friend Teddy Bridgewater.

The Right Fit: Ohio State needs speed at the linebacker spot, preferably someone to bring the heat on the quarterback, and that is what Ryan Shazier will provide. Shazier is learning the linebacker spot on the fly, after playing defensive end in high school, but his skill set is perfect for what Ohio State is looking for, and he could play early in obvious pass-rushing situations.

Southern Flight: For two years in a row, one of the top linebacker prospects in America has left Ohio to head South. First, it was Jordan Hicks to Texas, and now Trey DePriest has spurned the Buckeyes, and will take his talent to Alabama. And the talent of DePriest is vast. He impressed all week, and I think he will be great at Alabama, but probably on the inside, unlike Hicks.

Under The Radar: Marqise Lee did not receive a lot of pre-practice hype coming into the Under Armour week, but this kid is a play-maker, and could be a star at the next level. He is long and quick, and brings coverage ability to the safety spot. Someone is getting a good player when they land Marqise Lee.

Best O-Lineman? This week, the most impressive offensive lineman was Cyrus Kouandjio, and his one-on-one battles with Clowney were special, and each player had success. No other Red Team lineman could match up with Clowney, but Cyrus held his own. This is what God had in mind when he created high school offensive tackles, only He didn't make too many like this one.

Biggest Surprise? To me, it was Anthony Chickillo, and if you watched the game, you saw what we saw on a daily basis all week long. Appears to be a soft commit for Miami, but Al Golden needs to make this kid Priority-I, and this is a kid you can build a class around. Chickillo brings so much to the table, both on and off the field, and is a warrior and leader. Could not be more impressed by a player.

Irish Eyes Smiling: Notre Dame had two commits in the game, Ben Koyack and DaVaris Daniels, and both were good all week long. You could make a case for Koyack as the top tight end in the country, and Daniels was pretty good all week long as well. Both players fit exactly what Brian Kelly is looking to do offensively, and both should have fine careers in South Bend.

Underrated State? It has to be Georgia, as the players in the game showed all week long. Quan Bray, Jay Rome, James Vaughters, Malcolm Mitchell, Justin Scott-Wesley, A.J. Johnson, Xzavier Dickson, Gabe Wright and Isaiah Crowell were all impressive football players, and they might have out-shined their more publicized teammates from Florida this week. Rome and Crowell were especially impressive, day after day, and Dickson was among the top defensive linemen on the White team.

Best O-Lineman Not Named Cyrus? Probably was Kiaro Holts, and it appears North Carolina is getting a good one. Holts was a grinder, and he was very good at every single practice. His technique was solid, and it was evident he came from a top high school program (Indianapolis Warren Central) and was coached well. The Tar Heels will be happy with Holts, both from a talent perspective, and his overall work ethic.

LSU Adds Talent: The Bayou Bengals picked up two future stars in Anthony Johnson and Jarvis Landry, and both look to be ready to contribute right away. Johnson is an athletic marvel at 6-foot-3, 300-pounds, and is an athlete at defensive tackle, not an over-weight run stopper. Landry was the top receiver in the game, and was the best in practice as well. These two are really special talents, and LSU will love both.

Rich Get Richer: Auburn, Alabama, Ohio State, Florida, LSU and Florida State made major talent grabs, if what we saw all week holds true for these players. If the Seminoles can pull Jadeveon Clowney, and I'm hearing that has moved DRAMATICALLY in their favor in the past 24 hours, that makes this class unbelievable. Alabama should be pre-season number one for 2011, and they are adding difference makers in DePriest and Clinton-Dix, and are in position to grab Kouandjio and possibly Clowney. Ohio State added Ohio State-type players, and everyone of these players fit exactly what Jim Tressel is doing in Buckeye-Land. Look for all four commits in this game (Braxton Miller-Steve Miller-Doran Grant-Ryan Shazier) to play early, and possibly crack the two-deep off the bat. Florida will hang its hat on Driskel, and while he wasn't consistent all week long, the thought of Charlie Weis coaching him for four years is a scary thought for SEC rivals. The Gators need to finish strong in recruiting, because right now, Florida State is dominating the state, and the Seminoles appear to be the "Now" program in-state. Of course, with three in-state powerhouses like Miami, Florida and Florida State, that balance of power could shift weekly.

Recruiting Scuttlebutt:

The biggest news is Florida State making a late move on Clowney, but Nick Saban and Alabama won't go away quietly, nor will the home state, South Carolina.

Miami needs to reel in Chickillo, and let him help recruit teammates. Not sure if Anthony is near a decision, but Al Golden needs to find a way to re-claim this legacy recruit, if possible. He would mean everything to Golden's challenge of rebuilding this program to former heights.

Watch for possible flips in JaJuan Story and James Vaughters to Ohio State. Story will take an official visit to Columbus this weekend, and early enrollees Ryan Shazier and Braxton Miller will be hosting him. Vaughters has discussed opening up his recruitment should Jim Harbaugh leave, and that appears to be happening in front of our eyes. The Buckeyes were the number two choice for the linebacker.

Gotta stop comparing people to ST.
30t6p3b.gif

FSU is the IT school right now. Last couple years its been UF. Next year it will probably be Miami.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Sean Taylor 2.0? It's borderline blasphemy to compare anywhere to Sean Taylor at the safety position, but Florida State recruit Karlos Williams sure brings back those types of memories. There was some debate over whether Williams can play safety at the next level, but I believe those were answered this week. Williams has the ability to control the middle of the field with his size and speed, and I think we will see that from Day One of his 'Nole career.

If the Seminoles can pull Jadeveon Clowney, and I'm hearing that has moved DRAMATICALLY in their favor in the past 24 hours, that makes this class unbelievable.

The Gators need to finish strong in recruiting, because right now, Florida State is dominating the state, and the Seminoles appear to be the "Now" program in-state.

The biggest news is Florida State making a late move on Clowney, but Nick Saban and Alabama won't go away quietly, nor will the home state, South Carolina.

if this does happen  
pimp.gif

Marlin Lane >>>> Bellamy. All Bellamy can do is run outside.

Sounds nice, but I don't really agree.

If the Seminoles can pull Jadeveon Clowney, and I'm hearing that has moved DRAMATICALLY in their favor in the past 24 hours, that makes this class unbelievable.

If the kid didn't live so far away, I'd feel better. However, until we get the kid on campus then you can't feel but so good.
Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

FSU is the IT school right now. Last couple years its been UF. Next year it will probably be Miami (I hope).
*fixed*

Gotta stop comparing people to ST.

its never gonna stop he is THEE prototype. theres never been anyone as big, who runs as fast, hits as hard and makes plays in the passing game the way he did.

if you just look at it as a compliment to Sean it wont bother u as much, thats what Ive resorted to doing lol

I'd be extremely confident if Clowney lived in Fl or at least south GA but the distance is the biggest reason why he hasn't looked real hard elsewhere. At the same time it's got me thinking like Columbia? Really son, one of the worst cities in America and that's where you want to stay for the next 3 years

Quandrae DIggs and Josh Turner may be better than Chykie Brown and Kenny Vaccaro right now lol.

That Clowney cat though, 
eek.gif
. He's sooo lean though. That drank cheaper in Baton Rouge than, Columbia, Tuscoloosa, and Tallahassee.
nerd.gif

Kendal Thompson, I don't see him getting any PT at OU with that arm.

It's crazy 'cause he looks lean, but he's like 260.

Hopefully there are some Job openings in the Tallahassee area so that 'should' Jadevon Clowney want to come to FSU and 'should' his mother/father want to follow him, they'd be able to make a living.

nerd.gif

ARKANSAS QB RYAN MALLETT: I didn't see the guy, he dropped out. I tried to get rid of it quick. They had pressure coming. I didn't see him. He made a great play.

I kinda figured he was fooled on the post snap read.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Stanford is about to announce that Luck is staying in school

"Jon Wilner reports that Stanford is about to announce that Andrew Luck will stay at school for 2011 season. "

http://www.rotoinfo.com/c...stfromTwitter-59149.html
good luck with that...if he does stay i hope it works for him to show others they don't have to leave right away cause the last couple  that have done so, have cost themselves big money with the exception of Sam of course

Stunned that Luck is staying. 
eek.gif

And I'm pissed because I was going to ask in the week in review thread if Luck would stay just to skip out on Carolina, but I backed off it. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom