Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

ducks.jpg

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Following the Falcons: Fowler football player Wilquan Burke is blossoming in every way [/h1][h5]Published: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 6:00 AM     Updated: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 8:32 AM[/h5]
2009-08-webb-donnie.JPG
Donnie Webb / The Post-Standard

8962205-large.jpg

Wilquan Burke,(middle) a wide receiver and defensive end for the Fowler football team, listens to offensive coordinator Todd Lisi (left) during a recent practice. Burke, who lives with Falcons basketball coach Greg Sweeney and his family, is something of a free spirit and an excellent student.

This is part of our series, Following the Falcons, a season with Fowler football.

Hungry and alone, Fowler High School sophomore Wilquan Burke found an abandoned house on the city’s north side to spend the night. Syracuse was beginning its long descent into winter. It was December.

He had a blanket and an empty stomach. The shelter was temporary. One night later, he located another abandoned house.

The circumstances that brought Burke to this decision were “mad complicated,

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Following the Falcons: Fowler football player Wilquan Burke is blossoming in every way [/h1][h5]Published: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 6:00 AM     Updated: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 8:32 AM[/h5]
2009-08-webb-donnie.JPG

8962205-large.jpg

Wilquan Burke,(middle) a wide receiver and defensive end for the Fowler football team, listens to offensive coordinator Todd Lisi (left) during a recent practice. Burke, who lives with Falcons basketball coach Greg Sweeney and his family, is something of a free spirit and an excellent student.

This is part of our series, Following the Falcons, a season with Fowler football.

Hungry and alone, Fowler High School sophomore Wilquan Burke found an abandoned house on the city’s north side to spend the night. Syracuse was beginning its long descent into winter. It was December.

He had a blanket and an empty stomach. The shelter was temporary. One night later, he located another abandoned house.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

[h1][/h1]
2009-08-webb-donnie.JPG

8962205-large.jpg

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

[h1][/h1]
2009-08-webb-donnie.JPG

8962205-large.jpg

guy from Georgia Rivals just told me he wont be announcing friday.

dont know what to believe but he is def. going to Auburn.

guy from Georgia Rivals just told me he wont be announcing friday.

dont know what to believe but he is def. going to Auburn.

Despite the fact that he has taken official visits to both Nebraska and Alabama over the last three weeks, he maintained that he was still committed to Florida.

A visible 'crack' in the foundation of that pledge began to show up over the weekend. Upon returning home from an unofficial visit to Gainesville, where he watched Florida lose to LSU, Leonard described the visit as 'Boring' in a text message exchange with GBN.

Then on Wednesday that 'boring' visit turned into something more when he made it known that he no longer considers himself committed to Florida.

"It was a decision me and my family came up with to do what's best for me." Leonard said about his choice to decommit.

When asked what led to that decision, he replied, 'No comment."

Leonard said that he doesn't have a favorite or a leader board.

"I'm wide open," Leonard said. "I don't have any lists. I'm looking at everyone."

According to Leonard, 'everyone' includes the University of Florida.

"Yeah, I don't know how it came out I don't like them," Leonard said. "I'm still considering the Gators."

Leonard said that he hasn't yet personally informed the Gators of his decommit and doesn't know when he will.

Despite the fact that he has taken official visits to both Nebraska and Alabama over the last three weeks, he maintained that he was still committed to Florida.

A visible 'crack' in the foundation of that pledge began to show up over the weekend. Upon returning home from an unofficial visit to Gainesville, where he watched Florida lose to LSU, Leonard described the visit as 'Boring' in a text message exchange with GBN.

Then on Wednesday that 'boring' visit turned into something more when he made it known that he no longer considers himself committed to Florida.

"It was a decision me and my family came up with to do what's best for me." Leonard said about his choice to decommit.

When asked what led to that decision, he replied, 'No comment."

Leonard said that he doesn't have a favorite or a leader board.

"I'm wide open," Leonard said. "I don't have any lists. I'm looking at everyone."

According to Leonard, 'everyone' includes the University of Florida.

"Yeah, I don't know how it came out I don't like them," Leonard said. "I'm still considering the Gators."

Leonard said that he hasn't yet personally informed the Gators of his decommit and doesn't know when he will.

Mid-Season All-SP Team

By the SouthernPigskin.com Staff

Members of the SouthernPigskin.com Staff release their mid-season All-SouthernPigskin.com team consisting of players from the ACC and SEC. Follow us on Twitter at Twitter.com/SouthernPigskin. Become a fan of us on Facebook at the SouthernPigskin.com Facebook Page

Mid-Season All-SouthernPigskin Team

Offense
QB - Cameron Newton, Auburn
RB - Stevan Ridley, LSU
RB - Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
WR - Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina
WR - Leonard Hankerson, Miami
WR - Julio Jones, Alabama
TE - D.J. Williams, Arkansas
OT - Derek Sherrod, Mississippi State
OG - Rodney Hudson, Florida State
C - T.J. Johnson, South Carolina
OG - Barrett Jones, Alabama
OT - Lee Ziemba, Auburn

Defense
DE - Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson
DT - Drake Nevis, LSU
DT - Nick Fairley, Auburn
DE - Brandon Jenkins, Florida State
LB - Luke Kuechly, Boston College
LB - Kelvin Sheppard, LSU
LB - Danny Trevathan, Kentucky
LB - Bruce Taylor, Virginia Tech
CB - Janoris Jenkins, Florida
S - Robert Lester, Alabama
S - Tramain Thomas, Arkansas
CB - Patrick Peterson, LSU

K - Scott Blair, Georgia Tech
P - Matt Bosher, Miami
AP - Derrick Locke, Kentucky
RS - Patrick Peterson, LSU

Offensive Mid-Season MVP - Cameron Newton, Auburn
Defensive Mid-Season MVP - Kelvin Sheppard, LSU
Top Newcomer - Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
Top Offensive Coach - Gus Malzahn, Auburn
Top Defensive Coach - Mark Stoops, Florida State

Mid-Season All-SP Team

By the SouthernPigskin.com Staff

Members of the SouthernPigskin.com Staff release their mid-season All-SouthernPigskin.com team consisting of players from the ACC and SEC. Follow us on Twitter at Twitter.com/SouthernPigskin. Become a fan of us on Facebook at the SouthernPigskin.com Facebook Page

Mid-Season All-SouthernPigskin Team

Offense
QB - Cameron Newton, Auburn
RB - Stevan Ridley, LSU
RB - Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
WR - Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina
WR - Leonard Hankerson, Miami
WR - Julio Jones, Alabama
TE - D.J. Williams, Arkansas
OT - Derek Sherrod, Mississippi State
OG - Rodney Hudson, Florida State
C - T.J. Johnson, South Carolina