Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by FlaHustler1024

Am I the only Gator fan that wishes Major Wright stayed for his senior year?
30t6p3b.gif
 Gillislee needs all of Moodys carries.

Them UNC boys was getting it in
pimp.gif
1st point, Ive never been so disappointed in a player as  I am Thrill Hill. dude was definitely feeling himself I see why Urban had him sidelined the 1st 2 games. HE is playing pretty bad. Like he hasnt dont any film work, he gets beat by basic formation alignment. 

Urbie is better off puttin Elam back there and letting Hill play Elam's role (which was Hill's 2009 role in Nickle)

Why doesnt Gillislee get all of Moody's carries? someone has to explain that to me ...

that guy has been garbage from Day ONE.
roll.gif

sick.gif

Only reason I could think of why Moody getting carries is Stan Drayton. Moody is Drayton's boy.
Urban shouldn't have hired Stan Drayton back (IMO)

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by FlaHustler1024

Am I the only Gator fan that wishes Major Wright stayed for his senior year?
30t6p3b.gif
 Gillislee needs all of Moodys carries.

Them UNC boys was getting it in
pimp.gif
1st point, Ive never been so disappointed in a player as  I am Thrill Hill. dude was definitely feeling himself I see why Urban had him sidelined the 1st 2 games. HE is playing pretty bad. Like he hasnt dont any film work, he gets beat by basic formation alignment. 

Urbie is better off puttin Elam back there and letting Hill play Elam's role (which was Hill's 2009 role in Nickle)

Why doesnt Gillislee get all of Moody's carries? someone has to explain that to me ...

that guy has been garbage from Day ONE.
roll.gif

sick.gif

Only reason I could think of why Moody getting carries is Stan Drayton. Moody is Drayton's boy.
Urban shouldn't have hired Stan Drayton back (IMO)

Too bad about Rudolph. Just was never right this year, and it was painfully obvious. I'm guessing he's played his last game in an Irish uniform, 1st round talent whenever he chooses so.

Excited to see Eifert in this offense. Not as good, but He might be a better 'fit'.

Too bad about Rudolph. Just was never right this year, and it was painfully obvious. I'm guessing he's played his last game in an Irish uniform, 1st round talent whenever he chooses so.

Excited to see Eifert in this offense. Not as good, but He might be a better 'fit'.

[h3]http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/blog?name=assael_shaun&id=5676694[/h3]
[h3]Contract: Sanctions may cost UNC dearly  [/h3]
October, 12, 2010
Oct 12

10:10

AM ET

By Shaun Assael

1012unc_576x324.jpg
Kevin C. Cox/Getty ImagesButch Davis and the Tar Heels stand to lose a lot more than football games from NCAA sanctions.

The NCAA's ongoing investigation into North Carolina football is getting costly for Butch Davis. On Monday, the organization banned wide receiver Greg Little and defensive end Robert Quinn for accepting benefits from a California agent, and All-ACC defensive tackle Marvin Austin, who bypassed the NFL draft to play this year, was dismissed.

But the worst for the 3-2 Tar Heels may be yet to come.

header2.gif

unc_small.jpg

Rights agreement
Inventory of rights
Exhibits

WARNING: Documents have large file sizes.

The File has obtained this contract with UNC's broadcast rights partner, Learfield Communications, which shows the financial hit the university could take if the NCAA decides to level postseason sanctions.

Learfield is a major player in college sports, producing radio game broadcasts and coaches' TV shows for 50 schools around the country, as well as handling Internet and stadium promotions.

None of this comes cheap. Learfield -- like its competitors -- has to pay for the rights to be a university's exclusive broadcast partner, and UNC is its largest client. In the current contract year, the privately held Missouri company is due to pay North Carolina a whopping $6,567,856.

That number goes to $7.5 million by 2021, making it the third highest-paying deal in all of college sports.

One reason Learfield is willing to guarantee so much -- besides UNC's squeaky-clean reputation -- is that it gets to keep 49 percent of whatever it makes after paying the guarantee. And as long as UNC is winning, everything is great. When Roy Williams led the Tar Heels to an NCAA title in 2009, Learfield made a profit from the full range of its offerings, from branded cups to stadium signage and the advertising rates it charged for its broadcasts.

The problem comes in stretches like the one from July 1, 2009 to this June 30. Williams' team was frozen out of the NCAA tournament and Davis' squad lost to Pittsburgh in the Meineke Car Care Bowl. As a result, the university didn't generate enough revenue to top Learfield's guarantee, according to assistant athletic director Rick Steinbacher.

That made expectations particularly high for this fall, when Davis was returning his first recruiting class for its fourth year and fans had visions of a national championship. It's also what makes the burgeoning scandal so potentially costly for UNC.

Only a handful of things allow Learfield to "negotiate in good faith a fair and equitable reduction in the annual rights fee." And one of them is any sanction that causes athletic department revenue to decline by more than 5 percent of the average of the prior three years.

As article 4.06 of the contract explicitly states, Learfield can seek the reduction if UNC's football or basketball teams incur "sanctions [that] prohibit any of them from appearing in conference championship games ... or materially reduces the number of scholarships that can be offered ... " Steinbacher calculates that the athletic department would have to lose about $300,000 for the clause to go into effect.

Earlier this summer, it seemed inconceivable that anyone would be talking about such things. But each day seems to bring new accusations about Davis' former assistant and recruiting director, John Blake, who resigned in September after acknowledging that he had become a "distraction" for the program.

In August, Yahoo! Sports broke the news that while Blake was secretly on the payroll of California agent Gary Wichard, he arranged for Austin, a star defensive tackle, to take at least two trips to a training facility near Wichard's office in California. On Monday, the NCAA also announced that it found Little accepted diamond earrings as well as travel gifts to the Bahamas, Washington, D.C. and Miami, while Quinn accepted two black diamond watches, a pair of matching earrings and accommodations for a trip to Miami.

Also on Monday, Davis took the step of publicly repudiating his former assistant. "I am very sorry that all of this stuff has tainted the football program and, as the head football coach, I take a tremendous amount of responsibility for all the football-related issues," Davis said. "I'm the head guy, OK? I'm sorry it has affected the football program. But I'm going to tell you what I'm more sorry about: I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake."

In an interview with The File, Greg Brown, president and CEO of Learfield, called what he does a "high-risk, low-margin business," and said he is committed to working out whatever arises amicably. "If there are sanctions, we'll just have to figure it out," he said. "I take this very personally. These schools are like our children, and anytime one of my children is struggling, it hurts. These are partnerships."

The risk for UNC is that the contagion in the football program can economically rocket across the university. According to Steinbacher, Learfield's $6.5 million represents about 11 percent of the athletic department's gross revenue and gets deposited in a general fund that is then parceled out to the other programs covered under the contract -- from women's basketball, to tennis, to track and field.

"It's an important source for us," he says.

A.J. Maestas, who advises colleges on striking rights deals through his Chicago-based Navigate Marketing, says it's difficult to speculate on how much sanctions can actually cost a rights partner. "It's a complicated calculation that has to do with TV time and how many national sponsors are involved."

But this is a hard time for Learfield to be generous. Two of its archrivals, ISP and IMG, are merging into a powerhouse that will give them the rights to 82 schools and consolidate the marketplace. Worse, the economic downturn has hit the whole market hard.

"There is no doubt that Learfield is not in an investment mode," says Maestas. "The last two years have been a tough selling climate. It's focused on maximizing revenue from its investments right now. If nothing else, sanctions against UNC would give it leverage."

Who's the most powerful man in UNC sports? With Blake gone, and with calls mounting for Davis to resign and athletic director **** Baddour on the ropes, it seems like Learfield's Greg Brown might be.

[h3]http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/blog?name=assael_shaun&id=5676694[/h3]
[h3]Contract: Sanctions may cost UNC dearly  [/h3]
October, 12, 2010
Oct 12

10:10

AM ET

By Shaun Assael

1012unc_576x324.jpg
Kevin C. Cox/Getty ImagesButch Davis and the Tar Heels stand to lose a lot more than football games from NCAA sanctions.

The NCAA's ongoing investigation into North Carolina football is getting costly for Butch Davis. On Monday, the organization banned wide receiver Greg Little and defensive end Robert Quinn for accepting benefits from a California agent, and All-ACC defensive tackle Marvin Austin, who bypassed the NFL draft to play this year, was dismissed.

But the worst for the 3-2 Tar Heels may be yet to come.

header2.gif

unc_small.jpg

Rights agreement
Inventory of rights
Exhibits

WARNING: Documents have large file sizes.

The File has obtained this contract with UNC's broadcast rights partner, Learfield Communications, which shows the financial hit the university could take if the NCAA decides to level postseason sanctions.

Learfield is a major player in college sports, producing radio game broadcasts and coaches' TV shows for 50 schools around the country, as well as handling Internet and stadium promotions.

None of this comes cheap. Learfield -- like its competitors -- has to pay for the rights to be a university's exclusive broadcast partner, and UNC is its largest client. In the current contract year, the privately held Missouri company is due to pay North Carolina a whopping $6,567,856.

That number goes to $7.5 million by 2021, making it the third highest-paying deal in all of college sports.

One reason Learfield is willing to guarantee so much -- besides UNC's squeaky-clean reputation -- is that it gets to keep 49 percent of whatever it makes after paying the guarantee. And as long as UNC is winning, everything is great. When Roy Williams led the Tar Heels to an NCAA title in 2009, Learfield made a profit from the full range of its offerings, from branded cups to stadium signage and the advertising rates it charged for its broadcasts.

The problem comes in stretches like the one from July 1, 2009 to this June 30. Williams' team was frozen out of the NCAA tournament and Davis' squad lost to Pittsburgh in the Meineke Car Care Bowl. As a result, the university didn't generate enough revenue to top Learfield's guarantee, according to assistant athletic director Rick Steinbacher.

That made expectations particularly high for this fall, when Davis was returning his first recruiting class for its fourth year and fans had visions of a national championship. It's also what makes the burgeoning scandal so potentially costly for UNC.

Only a handful of things allow Learfield to "negotiate in good faith a fair and equitable reduction in the annual rights fee." And one of them is any sanction that causes athletic department revenue to decline by more than 5 percent of the average of the prior three years.

As article 4.06 of the contract explicitly states, Learfield can seek the reduction if UNC's football or basketball teams incur "sanctions [that] prohibit any of them from appearing in conference championship games ... or materially reduces the number of scholarships that can be offered ... " Steinbacher calculates that the athletic department would have to lose about $300,000 for the clause to go into effect.

Earlier this summer, it seemed inconceivable that anyone would be talking about such things. But each day seems to bring new accusations about Davis' former assistant and recruiting director, John Blake, who resigned in September after acknowledging that he had become a "distraction" for the program.

In August, Yahoo! Sports broke the news that while Blake was secretly on the payroll of California agent Gary Wichard, he arranged for Austin, a star defensive tackle, to take at least two trips to a training facility near Wichard's office in California. On Monday, the NCAA also announced that it found Little accepted diamond earrings as well as travel gifts to the Bahamas, Washington, D.C. and Miami, while Quinn accepted two black diamond watches, a pair of matching earrings and accommodations for a trip to Miami.

Also on Monday, Davis took the step of publicly repudiating his former assistant. "I am very sorry that all of this stuff has tainted the football program and, as the head football coach, I take a tremendous amount of responsibility for all the football-related issues," Davis said. "I'm the head guy, OK? I'm sorry it has affected the football program. But I'm going to tell you what I'm more sorry about: I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake."

In an interview with The File, Greg Brown, president and CEO of Learfield, called what he does a "high-risk, low-margin business," and said he is committed to working out whatever arises amicably. "If there are sanctions, we'll just have to figure it out," he said. "I take this very personally. These schools are like our children, and anytime one of my children is struggling, it hurts. These are partnerships."

The risk for UNC is that the contagion in the football program can economically rocket across the university. According to Steinbacher, Learfield's $6.5 million represents about 11 percent of the athletic department's gross revenue and gets deposited in a general fund that is then parceled out to the other programs covered under the contract -- from women's basketball, to tennis, to track and field.

"It's an important source for us," he says.

A.J. Maestas, who advises colleges on striking rights deals through his Chicago-based Navigate Marketing, says it's difficult to speculate on how much sanctions can actually cost a rights partner. "It's a complicated calculation that has to do with TV time and how many national sponsors are involved."

But this is a hard time for Learfield to be generous. Two of its archrivals, ISP and IMG, are merging into a powerhouse that will give them the rights to 82 schools and consolidate the marketplace. Worse, the economic downturn has hit the whole market hard.

"There is no doubt that Learfield is not in an investment mode," says Maestas. "The last two years have been a tough selling climate. It's focused on maximizing revenue from its investments right now. If nothing else, sanctions against UNC would give it leverage."

Who's the most powerful man in UNC sports? With Blake gone, and with calls mounting for Davis to resign and athletic director **** Baddour on the ropes, it seems like Learfield's Greg Brown might be.

North Division
Cal
stanford
UW
wazzu
Oregon
Oregon state

South Division
UCLA
USC
zona
ASU
Colorado
utah

thats how the divisions will be set.

North Division
Cal
stanford
UW
wazzu
Oregon
Oregon state

South Division
UCLA
USC
zona
ASU
Colorado
utah

thats how the divisions will be set.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...-case-keenum-to-appeal-ncaa-for-6th-year.html
Houston’s Case Keenum to appeal NCAA for 6th year

Houston has begun the process to petition the NCAA for a 6th year of eligibility for quarterback Case Keenum.

keenum_case-150x144.jpg

Case Keenum

Keenum tore his right anterior cruciate ligament while attempting a tackle in the Cougars’ 31-13 loss to UCLA on Sept. 18. He was on pace to shatter NCAA records for passing yards and touchdowns.

“After talking this over with my family and people close to me, I have decided to try for another year of eligibility,

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...-case-keenum-to-appeal-ncaa-for-6th-year.html
Houston’s Case Keenum to appeal NCAA for 6th year

Houston has begun the process to petition the NCAA for a 6th year of eligibility for quarterback Case Keenum.

keenum_case-150x144.jpg

Case Keenum

Keenum tore his right anterior cruciate ligament while attempting a tackle in the Cougars’ 31-13 loss to UCLA on Sept. 18. He was on pace to shatter NCAA records for passing yards and touchdowns.

“After talking this over with my family and people close to me, I have decided to try for another year of eligibility,

Ronald Powell has moved to OLB? So it's true that you guys are going to a 3-4 next year?

The last two home games we've been lucky enough to tailgate with a member of the coaching staffs family before the games. We asked one of the coaches wives what was going on with the program and the staff and the answers were disturbing to say the least. She said.........

1. Joe is not at practice more than an hour a day. He also rarely if ever attends any of the coaching or game prep meetings. She said people don't know how sick he was in the offseason implying that he went through a serious medical issue that has not been publicly reported. He has absolutely zero input into the gameplanning, and doesn't even know what it is until Friday night.

2. The dissention amongst the staff is at an all-time high. When Joe is not there, it's a contest to see who can act like they are in charge. There have been verbal arguments in front of the team in the middle of practice sessions between assistant coaches yelling at each other that they are in charge and are going to do what they want at that point of practice.

3. Multiple coaches on the staff have been reaching out to gauge interest from other programs as they are worried about their future in the program. One "high profile" coach on the staff actually reached out to the head coach of another PA school over the summer saying he was worried about his future at PSU and laying the groundwork for a possible move in the future.

4. There is a process in place amongst the staff to determine if a high school prospect should get an offer. Some of the coaches will vote against offering or recruiting certain kids just to spite the coaches who want them offered or are their primary recruiters. Whether this is actually going on or not I do not know, but at least one coach on the staff feels that way. For this reason, the coaches who actually do recruit have basically thrown their hands in the air and almost stopped recruiting all together.

5. "If Tom Bradley is the next head coach, the real coaches will leave in about 30 seconds."

After hearing this stuff, I really feel bad for the kids on the team. This staff and Joe in paticular should be completely ashamed and embarrassed at their behavior. The sad part is I don't think Joe even has a clue what's going on because he's never around.

Ronald Powell has moved to OLB? So it's true that you guys are going to a 3-4 next year?

The last two home games we've been lucky enough to tailgate with a member of the coaching staffs family before the games. We asked one of the coaches wives what was going on with the program and the staff and the answers were disturbing to say the least. She said.........

1. Joe is not at practice more than an hour a day. He also rarely if ever attends any of the coaching or game prep meetings. She said people don't know how sick he was in the offseason implying that he went through a serious medical issue that has not been publicly reported. He has absolutely zero input into the gameplanning, and doesn't even know what it is until Friday night.

2. The dissention amongst the staff is at an all-time high. When Joe is not there, it's a contest to see who can act like they are in charge. There have been verbal arguments in front of the team in the middle of practice sessions between assistant coaches yelling at each other that they are in charge and are going to do what they want at that point of practice.

3. Multiple coaches on the staff have been reaching out to gauge interest from other programs as they are worried about their future in the program. One "high profile" coach on the staff actually reached out to the head coach of another PA school over the summer saying he was worried about his future at PSU and laying the groundwork for a possible move in the future.

4. There is a process in place amongst the staff to determine if a high school prospect should get an offer. Some of the coaches will vote against offering or recruiting certain kids just to spite the coaches who want them offered or are their primary recruiters. Whether this is actually going on or not I do not know, but at least one coach on the staff feels that way. For this reason, the coaches who actually do recruit have basically thrown their hands in the air and almost stopped recruiting all together.

5. "If Tom Bradley is the next head coach, the real coaches will leave in about 30 seconds."

After hearing this stuff, I really feel bad for the kids on the team. This staff and Joe in paticular should be completely ashamed and embarrassed at their behavior. The sad part is I don't think Joe even has a clue what's going on because he's never around.

Michigan let's bounce back from a lackluster performance against a well coached Michigan St team...Iowa get ready to get Robinson won't have 2 bad games in a row...Michigan 34 Iowa 24!

Back
Top Bottom