Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Dez was a top 10 prospect and the best WR before his situation jumped off. And he actually played in games last year. He fell and probably cost him about 20 mil.

I dont think Austin is even the best DT prospect at the moment so top 15 may be a reach right now.

Dez was a top 10 prospect and the best WR before his situation jumped off. And he actually played in games last year. He fell and probably cost him about 20 mil.

I dont think Austin is even the best DT prospect at the moment so top 15 may be a reach right now.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Austin will be in the club every day this week....

how good of a pro do you think he'll be? I have my doubts.
What doubts?
Just curious as to how hard he'll work once he's a multi-millionaire.  Ability is CLEARLY there....but there are some guys who just don't "get it" once the money starts to come in.  I'd love to be wrong on this....

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Austin will be in the club every day this week....

how good of a pro do you think he'll be? I have my doubts.
What doubts?
Just curious as to how hard he'll work once he's a multi-millionaire.  Ability is CLEARLY there....but there are some guys who just don't "get it" once the money starts to come in.  I'd love to be wrong on this....

Originally Posted by Statis22

Only reason he fell is b/c Jerry Jones sabotoged that boy and his stock. It worked out foe Jerry though
laugh.gif

Just curious as to how hard he'll work once he's a multi-millionaire. Ability is CLEARLY there....but there are some guys who just don't "getit" once the money starts to come in.  I'd love to be wrong on this....
True. I was just wondering if you had doubts about his ability.

Per Joe Schad...

Marvin Austin dismissed from North Carolina

UNCs Greg Little, Robert Quinn ruled permanantly ineligible by NCAA

Little took $4,952 and Quinn took $5,642 according to NCAA

Both took jewelery such as watches and earings, NCAA said

Little went to Bahamas, DC and Miami, NCAA said

Quinn went to Miami, NCAA said

According to NCAA, Little and Quinn provided false and misleading information

UNC AD: "They made serious mistakes in judgement in accepting extra benefits and then not being truthful..."

I wonder if Quinn drops
nerd.gif

The lack of 1 more season of game film for Little @WR is going to hurt. Though he is still going to be valuable because he can play multiple positions thus maximizing the 53 man roster.

Only reason he fell is b/c Jerry Jones sabotoged that boy and his stock. It worked out foe Jerry though
laugh.gif

Just curious as to how hard he'll work once he's a multi-millionaire. Ability is CLEARLY there....but there are some guys who just don't "getit" once the money starts to come in.  I'd love to be wrong on this....
True. I was just wondering if you had doubts about his ability.

Per Joe Schad...

Marvin Austin dismissed from North Carolina

UNCs Greg Little, Robert Quinn ruled permanantly ineligible by NCAA

Little took $4,952 and Quinn took $5,642 according to NCAA

Both took jewelery such as watches and earings, NCAA said

Little went to Bahamas, DC and Miami, NCAA said

Quinn went to Miami, NCAA said

According to NCAA, Little and Quinn provided false and misleading information

UNC AD: "They made serious mistakes in judgement in accepting extra benefits and then not being truthful..."

I wonder if Quinn drops
nerd.gif

The lack of 1 more season of game film for Little @WR is going to hurt. Though he is still going to be valuable because he can play multiple positions thus maximizing the 53 man roster.

Unc will face major sanctions coming out of this. Probation and loss
of FB scholarships are pretty much certain. How severe has not been
determined. The information I have tried to post has come from a
pretty solid source. I've tried to stay away from the rumors and
speculation that has spread on the net. The initial info led me to
believe UNC was in trouble but it wouldn't be that devastating. That
info came directly out of the UNC athletic department. It turned out
worse and the reason was folks in the UNC AD were lied to. As it
stands now UNC has a major problem with agent involvement with players
brokered through John Blake. All of Blake's wrong doing will not be
laid on UNC. Its pretty clear he was operating on his own behalf with
a lot of this stuff. Regardless, UNC will get hit with LOIC over
Blake and his cohorts involved with the agents. There is a strong
feeling Davis did not know a lot of what was going on. He should have.

The academic fraud issue is very bad. UNC was aware of a problem over
a year ago and the actions they took were not enough. There is a good
bit of information folks in the FB office tried to cover it up. This
goes all the way to Butch Davis. As in most of these cases the wrong
doing was not initiated by the coaches. You had a tutor who got
caught up with the players and "helped" them out. Again the
compliance and FB folks were not paying attention and it spread to
multiple players and other tutors although there is just one major
person involved. It should have been reported and acted on, It wasn't.

From there it gets fuzzy although there is a lot that can be
documented. The UNC players that could have turned pro but didn't got
"encouraged" to return. This is where the secret booster money,
entertainment and club scene folks and the academic side comes into
play. Some of that can be proven, a lot can't. There is little
question several players were either promised they would be taken care
of or were. The South Beach parties were just part of that and most
can connect the dots from those involved at UNC to the agents to those
players. Remember, we are only talking about a few players but those
players had a lot of influence within the football team.

The recruiting stuff is being way over stated. There were recruiting
violations but that seems to be coming from the recruitment of the top
players already at UNC. Seems Blake wanted or needed to jump start
the Davis era at UNC and reverted to some of his previous tricks.
This all goes back to Blake and how far the NCAA goes with this I
don't know. Nothing much has turned up with recent recruiting and the
NCAA is not investigating.

I have heard Davis will resign or be fired along with the entire staff
no later than the end of the season. Lawyers are already involved.
There are some influential folks at UNC that want it done now but that
remains to be seen. The NCAA won't be ready to act for a while (1
year is not unreasonable.) I believe UNC will act first. FB staff
gone, self imposed penalties and new compliance program. As to
Braddour he may or not be gone. He is very well respected and liked.
He was not told the truth and he believed the folks that talked to him.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

peace

From the same guy I've been relaying info from all along. If they tried to cover up the academic stuff, combined with having what amounts to an agent on staff (Blake), they will definitely be hit at least a little harder than USC was. Even if Davis didn't know what Blake was up to, the powers that be @ UNC will force him out anyways due to the embarrassment this has caused them.

I don't know who they'd hire to replace him, but I don't see any top coaches going there when they're under sanctions. USC is a little different because they are way more established and their brand can carry them through probation (at least that's what I'm thinking). UNC doesn't have that; these sanctions could set the program back really far.

Dez stock didnt fall because of NCAA suspension.

It fell cus he didnt run in the combine, was ripped abou being late for games by some "anonymous sources", and  didnt bring his correct work out shoes for his own damn work out 

Unc will face major sanctions coming out of this. Probation and loss
of FB scholarships are pretty much certain. How severe has not been
determined. The information I have tried to post has come from a
pretty solid source. I've tried to stay away from the rumors and
speculation that has spread on the net. The initial info led me to
believe UNC was in trouble but it wouldn't be that devastating. That
info came directly out of the UNC athletic department. It turned out
worse and the reason was folks in the UNC AD were lied to. As it
stands now UNC has a major problem with agent involvement with players
brokered through John Blake. All of Blake's wrong doing will not be
laid on UNC. Its pretty clear he was operating on his own behalf with
a lot of this stuff. Regardless, UNC will get hit with LOIC over
Blake and his cohorts involved with the agents. There is a strong
feeling Davis did not know a lot of what was going on. He should have.

The academic fraud issue is very bad. UNC was aware of a problem over
a year ago and the actions they took were not enough. There is a good
bit of information folks in the FB office tried to cover it up. This
goes all the way to Butch Davis. As in most of these cases the wrong
doing was not initiated by the coaches. You had a tutor who got
caught up with the players and "helped" them out. Again the
compliance and FB folks were not paying attention and it spread to
multiple players and other tutors although there is just one major
person involved. It should have been reported and acted on, It wasn't.

From there it gets fuzzy although there is a lot that can be
documented. The UNC players that could have turned pro but didn't got
"encouraged" to return. This is where the secret booster money,
entertainment and club scene folks and the academic side comes into
play. Some of that can be proven, a lot can't. There is little
question several players were either promised they would be taken care
of or were. The South Beach parties were just part of that and most
can connect the dots from those involved at UNC to the agents to those
players. Remember, we are only talking about a few players but those
players had a lot of influence within the football team.

The recruiting stuff is being way over stated. There were recruiting
violations but that seems to be coming from the recruitment of the top
players already at UNC. Seems Blake wanted or needed to jump start
the Davis era at UNC and reverted to some of his previous tricks.
This all goes back to Blake and how far the NCAA goes with this I
don't know. Nothing much has turned up with recent recruiting and the
NCAA is not investigating.

I have heard Davis will resign or be fired along with the entire staff
no later than the end of the season. Lawyers are already involved.
There are some influential folks at UNC that want it done now but that
remains to be seen. The NCAA won't be ready to act for a while (1
year is not unreasonable.) I believe UNC will act first. FB staff
gone, self imposed penalties and new compliance program. As to
Braddour he may or not be gone. He is very well respected and liked.
He was not told the truth and he believed the folks that talked to him.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

peace

From the same guy I've been relaying info from all along. If they tried to cover up the academic stuff, combined with having what amounts to an agent on staff (Blake), they will definitely be hit at least a little harder than USC was. Even if Davis didn't know what Blake was up to, the powers that be @ UNC will force him out anyways due to the embarrassment this has caused them.

I don't know who they'd hire to replace him, but I don't see any top coaches going there when they're under sanctions. USC is a little different because they are way more established and their brand can carry them through probation (at least that's what I'm thinking). UNC doesn't have that; these sanctions could set the program back really far.

Dez stock didnt fall because of NCAA suspension.

It fell cus he didnt run in the combine, was ripped abou being late for games by some "anonymous sources", and  didnt bring his correct work out shoes for his own damn work out 

Little accepted diamond earrings, as well as travel accommodations for the Bahamas, Washington DC and two trips to Miami, among other benefits. Quinn accepted two black diamond watches, a pair of matching earrings and travel accommodations for a trip to Miami, among other benefits.

Based upon information gathered by the institution and the NCAA Agent, Gambling and Amateurism staff during its joint investigation, unethical conduct charges were found against both student-athletes for providing false and misleading information. According to the facts submitted by the university, each student-athlete was not truthful during three separate interviews with university and NCAA enforcement staff members. Further, Little and Quinn only provided more accurate information when presented with evidence that was contrary to their assertions.

Little accepted diamond earrings, as well as travel accommodations for the Bahamas, Washington DC and two trips to Miami, among other benefits. Quinn accepted two black diamond watches, a pair of matching earrings and travel accommodations for a trip to Miami, among other benefits.

Based upon information gathered by the institution and the NCAA Agent, Gambling and Amateurism staff during its joint investigation, unethical conduct charges were found against both student-athletes for providing false and misleading information. According to the facts submitted by the university, each student-athlete was not truthful during three separate interviews with university and NCAA enforcement staff members. Further, Little and Quinn only provided more accurate information when presented with evidence that was contrary to their assertions.

laugh.gif
I just went off on Bo cus he was talkin about the kid Quinn had them black diamond watches, didnt realize they were in the actual report.

I Owe that man an apology

laugh.gif
I just went off on Bo cus he was talkin about the kid Quinn had them black diamond watches, didnt realize they were in the actual report.

I Owe that man an apology

Tennessee, adidas Announce New Football Jersey TECHFIT Jersey

5822595.jpeg

UTSports.com
Tennessee's football uniforms are getting a new fit.
On Monday, adidas and Tennessee unveiled a new, TECHFIT compression jersey that will debut when the Vols host No. 8 Alabama in Neyland Stadium on Oct. 23.

For more information on the TECHFIT jersey and other adidas products, visit adidas.com/football.

Tennessee, adidas Announce New Football Jersey TECHFIT Jersey

5822595.jpeg

UTSports.com
Tennessee's football uniforms are getting a new fit.
On Monday, adidas and Tennessee unveiled a new, TECHFIT compression jersey that will debut when the Vols host No. 8 Alabama in Neyland Stadium on Oct. 23.

For more information on the TECHFIT jersey and other adidas products, visit adidas.com/football.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Wow, how irrelevant is A&M.

Arkansas beats them and Arkansas DROPS in the polls.
Arkansas looked like crap... Sooner or later, A&M is going to have to step up a steal a winnable game or Sherman can kiss his career goodbye... They've lost two games the last couple of weeks against ranked teams that they very easily could have won.
Very much so, in the second half though. Mallett was 27-38 for 310, but was held under control in the second half, which has been the case for our offense in the past 2 games. Bobby Petrino knows we're going to have to do a better job in closing games out in the second half, not letting off the gas. aTm is no slouch though, we held JJ to 15-40 for 212 and recovered 3 fumbles inside their 40yd line(did nothing with them), defense is lightyears ahead of last year. We've done well at Auburn the past couple of years and I see this year being no different, even with Cam Newton at QB. I suspect our offense will get to rolling this weekend, but also look forward into seeing what aTm does the rest of the season.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Wow, how irrelevant is A&M.

Arkansas beats them and Arkansas DROPS in the polls.
Arkansas looked like crap... Sooner or later, A&M is going to have to step up a steal a winnable game or Sherman can kiss his career goodbye... They've lost two games the last couple of weeks against ranked teams that they very easily could have won.
Very much so, in the second half though. Mallett was 27-38 for 310, but was held under control in the second half, which has been the case for our offense in the past 2 games. Bobby Petrino knows we're going to have to do a better job in closing games out in the second half, not letting off the gas. aTm is no slouch though, we held JJ to 15-40 for 212 and recovered 3 fumbles inside their 40yd line(did nothing with them), defense is lightyears ahead of last year. We've done well at Auburn the past couple of years and I see this year being no different, even with Cam Newton at QB. I suspect our offense will get to rolling this weekend, but also look forward into seeing what aTm does the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom