Goldman sachs dudes= ruthless ballers (Vol. birdman who??)

Originally Posted by friedchickenpimpin

Originally Posted by omgitswes

What's with the "as a black man" stuff?
laugh.gif
cause we da minority son
i like to consider myself a jewish trustfund kid trapped in an incredibly goodlooking black mans body...
eyes.gif

I'm a black trust fund kid
smile.gif

GOTCHA!

Some of you guys are taking hearsay too seriously. There is no credit to the source, you might as well get riled up over nothing. 
Let the witch hunt continue. 

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Originally Posted by vkhoj

For anyone who is asking about how Goldman Sachs and players caused the economy crash of 2008, I encourage you to read the book The Big Short by Michael Lewis.

You can easily find the ebook online to download for free.

Also, not to be a debbie downer, but let's face it - the overwhelming majority of us won't be able to "work hard enough to be about that life." I don't think you guys realize the earning potential of these investment bankers. There is a difference between living comfortably and living wealthy like these guys do. I'm not saying that people here won't be successful but take a moment to think about that statement.
You failed to recognize the role lenders played into the whole crisis with No-Doc and Alt-A mortgages and while GS may have been creating these synthetic CDO's with BBB bonds, you're overlooking the credit rating agencies who rated 80% of them as AAA and then the insurance companies, i.e. AIG, who overlooked it and automatically assumed they were riskless without doing their due diligence.
ALL of the parties knew what they were doing. All equally bad, just look how they Banks handled the bailouts....

$@%%$! is bragging about ice cream after their lectures when its probably their tax money dude is spending...
You can't in the same sentence claim that banks "knew what they were doing" when dealing with complex financial derivatives that were rated incorrectly by what is supposed to be a reliable third party, then call the same banks out for incompetence...

#1: I heard the Euro was spotted at Disney World wearing a Make-A-Wish t-shirt.

#1: I never give money to homeless people. I can’t reward failure in good conscience.

i ain't e'em mad

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by Storm2006

You failed to recognize the role lenders played into the whole crisis with No-Doc and Alt-A mortgages and while GS may have been creating these synthetic CDO's with BBB bonds, you're overlooking the credit rating agencies who rated 80% of them as AAA and then the insurance companies, i.e. AIG, who overlooked it and automatically assumed they were riskless without doing their due diligence.
ALL of the parties knew what they were doing. All equally bad, just look how they Banks handled the bailouts....

$@%%$! is bragging about ice cream after their lectures when its probably their tax money dude is spending...
You can't in the same sentence claim that banks "knew what they were doing" when dealing with complex financial derivatives that were rated incorrectly by what is supposed to be a reliable third party, then call the same banks out for incompetence...
Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom