God of War III | The Official Thread of Kratos Wants Blood & Vengence | It's OUT!

[h3]http://playstationlifesty...od-of-war-ii-comparison/
[/h3][h3]Kratos (GoW II) Vs. Kratos (GoW III)[/h3]
Kratos-Comparison.jpg

Kratos on the PlayStation 2 was a quite a feat for the God of Wardevelopers at the time, with the “Ghost of Sparta

Do i need to have beaten the first 2 to enjoy this one? I played the first one till the final boss and never touched the 2nd one.

I'm probably just going to read the plot summaries for GOW1/2.

MarTdiZzle23:

Can you at least be discrete with posting spoilers?
smh.gif

You blatantly stated Kratos is going to fight _. Some of us are trying to avoid as much of the story as possible.
smile.gif

PO

didnt read or look at anything in this thread... but all I gotta say is damn this game looks bad *%#... that is all.

Originally Posted by PO2345

MarTdiZzle23:
Can you at least be discrete with posting spoilers?
smh.gif

You blatantly stated Kratos is going to fight Poseidon. Some of us are trying to avoid as much of the story as possible.
smile.gif

PO
Its pretty obvious if you finished the second game and saw that he's going to fight the Gods but I will edit my post sorry about that
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

I'm actually buying a PS3 just for this game...
embarassed.gif

Im really thinking of doing the same
laugh.gif

Just played the demo, that #%+@ is insane
pimp.gif

^^ ps3 makes for a decent blu ray player and the upres'd dvds look pretty good.

MAJOR SPOILERS:

God of War III Introduction Movie HD:

God Of War First 10 Minutes Gameplay:

Please post impressions, but do not discuss the content if you have watched it.

PO

don't know if it has been said, but i hate how far the camera is. The other two, the cameras was more closer to Kratos

[h3]
Want to Play God of War III Early? Come to our GDC San Francisco Meetup!

[table][tr][td]Type:[/td][td]
Meetings - Club/Group Meeting
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Date:[/td][td]
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Time:[/td][td]
12:00pm - 7:00pm
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Location:[/td][td]
635 8th Street San Francisco, CA 94103-4901
[/td][/tr][/table]
[h3]Description[/h3]
Come celebrate the release of the most anticipated game of 2010 – by playing it early!

Todaywe sent media invites out for our GDC God of War media event and we’vegot a couple HUNDRED tickets to get some of our close, personal friends(this means *you*) into this super-exclusive event, where you’ll get togo hands-on with the final, polished version of God of War III, enjoyour legendary hospitality, and watch aReally-Awesome-Band-That-I-Can’t-Name-Yet perform.

What do you need to do? Well – just show up.

Basedon previous meet-ups we’ve held, we know some of you will get thereearly. For this event – we’re expecting it. Heck, we’re practicallydemanding it!

While the hands-on event doesn’t start until 7pm –we’re setting up a Community-Only pre-event party that goes on all day.We’ll have free food from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Tacos of the Gods,anyone?), limited edition schwag giveaways, free wi-fi (we expect youto Tweet!), the chance to put yourself on the God of War III box,autographs with the developers and CHAOS…in the form of games, ofcourse. We’ve got some really good stuff planned, so take the day off,make the drive from LA/Vegas/St. Louis, and get there early!

This event will be limited, so if you want to go, be sure to RSVP! Here are some important details:

* The hands-on event goes from 7-10pm on Wednesday, March 10, 2010 atthe SF Concourse Exhibition Center. The pre-party meet-up begins atnoon (you’ll see our tent in venue’s parking lot). Don’t even think ofstrolling up at 6.30pm – you ain’t getting in! Check out Google maplink below for directions.

* Keep in mind that you must be 21or older to get into evening hands-on event, but anyone 18+ (or withtheir parent/guardian) can come to the all-day meetup. ID *will* bechecked!

* Parking is rough in the area, so try to take BART (http://www.bart.gov/) or Caltrain (http://www.caltrain.com/) – both very close to venue.

* Once you’re in, you’re in — no ins and outs (don’t worry, we willhave bathrooms). Unless of course you don’t want to stick around forthe amazingly awesome hands-on event at 7pm. Then you’re free to leaveat will…but you’re making a HUGE mistake!

* You must RSVP here

* Be sure to leave your replica Blades of Chaos at home

* You might wanna think about bringing your PSP ;-)

Google map to the Concourse Exhibition Center: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...122.404904&spn=0.006818,0.013797&z=16&iwloc=A
[/h3]

Originally Posted by got shoes

don't know if it has been said, but i hate how far the camera is. The other two, the cameras was more closer to Kratos

yeah, i got that feeling too during the demo but i have a feeling that a lot of things just werent polished yet, like the camera and especially how the QTEs were staged, they werent dramatic like 1 and 2

but the games been polished so hopefully that stuff has been taken care of

also, word is that the level itself has been redesigned for the final game

just watched that intro..... EPIC!!!!! dare I say top 5 intro's in gaming history and maybe top 100 in entertainment (movies, tv included) ever

theres more than this game to have a reason to buy a ps3 but i wont comment on that cause ill be called a fanboy

anybody have the trophy list? thx in advance

^^
Here you go:

Just thinking about God of War makes me twitch, so I’ll get right to it. Here is the lovely silverware found in God of War III:

Bronze

Mr. Hand
Discover the secret ‘Hades Arm’ room
Hit Man
Perform a 1000-hit combo
Rip One!
Rip apart 1 Olympus Sentry
Nice Tan
Blind 100 enemies with the Head of Helios
Obedience School
Deliver 50 kicks to Hounds
It’s getting hot in here…
Burn 100 enemies with the Bow of Apollo
Souled Out
Summon every Soul with the Claws of Hades
Bloody Hell
Cover Kratos in 500 buckets of blood by killing the enemies
No Guts, No Glory
Gut 3 Centaur Generals
Hitting Your Stride
Upgrade any weapon to the next level

Silver

Eye Candy
Collect all of the Gorgon Eyes
Feather Plucker
Collect all of the Phoenix Feathers
Are You Horny to Win?
Collect all of the Minotaur Horns
Maxed Out!
Completely upgrade all weapons

Gold

Vengeance Complete
Beat the game
Up to the Challenge
Beat the Challenge of Olympus
Unhuman
Beat Titan Mode
Priceless
Collect all of the ‘Godly Possessions’
There are also 18 secret trophies, giving a total of 36 trophies. From what I can gather, 16 of these secret trophies are story-related, with one of the remaining two being the platinum, and the other looks like a gold for maybe doing something similar to getting the Muse Keys in God of War I.

That’s an educated guess. Among those 16 secret trophies, 10 are bronze, while 6 are silver. That’s not a guess, I’m just using some simple Maths there. Anyways, good luck getting that platinum…

Source:
http://www.thesixthaxis.c...god-of-war-iii-trophies/

PO

thanks p.o

sorry for askin again but does anyone have the info on the diff. types of enemies, mini bosses and bosses in the game

i googled it but i just get info for 1 & 2

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

thanks p.o
sorry for askin again but does anyone have the info on the diff. types of enemies, mini bosses and bosses in the game
i googled it but i just get info for 1 & 2
itll pop up on sites after the release date I guess

Back
Top Bottom