Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

[h1]Sessions Will Sign Offer Sheet This Week[/h1]
Jul 21, 2009 7:40 AM EST

Sessions_Ramon_mil.jpg
The Knicks are preparing to sign Ramon Sessions to an offer sheet using the team's mid-level exception.

Sessions is a restricted free-agent and the Bucks would have seven days to match the offer, something the Knicks now think the Bucks may not do if the team is ready to hand its point guard duties to lottery pick Brandon Jennings. Earlier the Knicks were reluctant to get involved believing the Bucks would match their offer.

Agent Chubby Wells said he hopes his client signs a four-year offer sheet with one of Sessions' suitors Tuesday or Wednesday.

"They've gotten real serious," he said of the Knicks.

If Sessions accepts New York's offer, it could affect Donnie Walsh's willingness to make a multi-year contract offer to restricted free-agent David Lee.

Considering what's available and what would be in the future, I think this is a good potential signing for the price.

If it goes through, the backcourt got a much needed shot of depth this offseason with He and Douglas.

Douglas kinda goes into Nate's role while now we would actually have 2 PG's.

Douglas is a better distributor than Nate is as well, plus a better defender. I don't think we'll miss Nate that much.

I'm just praying that the Bucks don't match, cause this team will be fun to watch next year.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

This news is according to Sessions' agent Chubby Wells, not the same Chubby Wells who is famous for pitching a perfect game at Yankee Stadium with a hangover.

roll.gif

Why is everyone already jumping for joy? He hasn't even signed anything. It's really just media hearsay until there's an actual press conferencewith the man is holding up a Knick jersey.

Lets say we pick up Sessions and Dlee and Nate are gone we would have

Sessions/Duhon/Toney
Ill will/Hughes
Harrington/Rooster
Jeffries/Jhill
Darko/Curry

That is a very young team with a lot of talent

I'd like to see Larry start, I still think he can find his way here, and I just don't like Will at the 2.

Sessions/Duhon
Hughes/Douglas
Chandler/Gallo
Harrington/Hill
Darko/Curry

If Shaq comes over to the Knicks next year, dude gon start lookin like Jim Jackson.

5 teams in 6 years.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom