Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

^exactly what ive been saying in that rubio thread. i mean, i know we all love lee and everything, but lets not get full of ourselves.

If Minny turned down Battier + Brooks for Rubio then i don't know how we'll get Rubio.
They had the 5pick, they would only slide down 3 and get our 8th,
They would get a player who can play 2,3..still young avg 14.5pts, 5.5rbs.
They're trying to pull off a miracle..
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Supafly122

If Minny turned down Battier + Brooks for Rubio then i don't know how we'll get Rubio.
indifferent.gif

You have to realize Minnesota is in no rush to move this pick. His stock will only keep rising as he gets bigger and continually dominates in Europe. Theymight wait 2 or 3 years until Rubio finally decides he wants to play in the League.

No matter what Rubio will eventually be in America because he wants the challenge of playing in the best league in the world. The kid worshipps MJ supposedlyand he grew up a fan of American basketball. It is going to take a strong offer to get him, something the Knicks can't do.

i hope the wolves play him and flynn together with disastrous results

and don nelson needs to get the **** out of the nba already

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

indifferent.gif

You have to realize Minnesota is in no rush to move this pick. His stock will only keep rising as he gets bigger and continually dominates in Europe. They might wait 2 or 3 years until Rubio finally decides he wants to play in the League.

No matter what Rubio will eventually be in America because he wants the challenge of playing in the best league in the world. The kid worshipps MJ supposedly and he grew up a fan of American basketball. It is going to take a strong offer to get him, something the Knicks can't do.

Unless of course god forbid he struggles.

Originally Posted by Proshares

indifferent.gif

You have to realize Minnesota is in no rush to move this pick. His stock will only keep rising as he gets bigger and continually dominates in Europe. They might wait 2 or 3 years until Rubio finally decides he wants to play in the League.

No matter what Rubio will eventually be in America because he wants the challenge of playing in the best league in the world. The kid worshipps MJ supposedly and he grew up a fan of American basketball. It is going to take a strong offer to get him, something the Knicks can't do.

I could see him struggling in America due to the athleticism of the game here but it in Europe dude alreadyd ominates at 19, there ain;t no chanehe will struggle.

indifferent.gif

I heard the rockets said you can have any 2 players on our team. Only Yao is off limits.
laugh.gif
Wolves are dumb if they don't take that.

Oh yeah LOVE > LEE

Originally Posted by Proshares

indifferent.gif

I could see him struggling in America due to the athleticism of the game here but it in Europe dude alreadyd ominates at 19, there ain;t no chane he will struggle.

I don't think he will either but you never know
grin.gif

[h1]Lakers, Kings Front Runners To Land Nate?[/h1]
Jun 29, 2009 3:55 PM EST

Robinson_Nate_nyk.jpg
The Lakers and Kings appear to bethe front runners to land guard Nate Robinson, a restricted free agent of the Knicks.

Sacramento was reportedly close to swinging a deal that involved Robinson and Jared Jeffries at February's trading deadline, but talks between the Kingsand Knicks fell through.

It's possible that the two teams could rekindle talks this summer.

The Lakers was rumored to have inquired about Robinson after he scored 33 points at the Staples Center in December, and both Kobe Bryant and Jerry Bussgushed about the guard after the mid-December game.

That Vecsey article was TRASH.
indifferent.gif

Can't believe Wolves declined that Will and 8 deal. If the cost is more than that..no thank you.

...and I have an oppurtunity to work with the Swamprats
sick.gif
...guy Icaddied yesterday for works for the Ratner group and said he could set me up with somethin...meh...i don't think I can't do it.
laugh.gif

^Al3xis, yea?

Coincidence, I just landed a job w/ em...I start Monday
laugh.gif

As a recent college grad man, I'm takin what I can get
grin.gif

smh.gif
at Minny wanting Lebron or some %@+% for Rubio. They are straight fools for not taking our draft day deal. They would get an emerging young player to startat the 3 along with a pick 3 picks later to draft a 2, and than they already have a great young lineup of Flynn, probably Derozan or Henderson or some %@+%,Chandler, Love, and Jefferson. Also that Houston offer is more than solid as well. Brooks is a young stud and a great catch for a guy who has the kind of ?that Rubio has, and throw in Battier thats great value.

And idk what yall talking about. Personally i dont think Love will ever eerge as a great NBA player. idk i just cant see it. I honestly believe that Lee hasthe potential to be better than Love and i know for a fact that Lee is better than love right now. Lee is more athletic, he doesnt have quite the size but ibelieve he is more versatile and has a better NBA game. idk thats just me though.

...and I have an oppurtunity to work with the Swamprats
sick.gif
...guy I caddied yesterday for works for the Ratner group and said he could set me up with somethin...meh...i don't think I can't do it.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
sick.gif

Thats like my feelings on getting J Kidd. I know he can prob help us out and he would more than likely be great running this system but i could never ever rootfor that #*!$%%* Swamprat
laugh.gif

The Lakers was rumored to have inquired about Robinson after he scored 33 points at the Staples Center in December, and both Kobe Bryant and Jerry Buss gushed about the guard after the mid-December game.
Lake Show know whats good. I would be VERY ahppy for Nate if my man can land the starting PG gig for the Lakers.
pimp.gif

smh.gif
at Lakers making use of our talented young guys (ie Ariza)

*sigh* so no rubio

like some of you said I think the wolves were kind of stupid not take that draft day deal. I'm sure there were some other good ones too. For real thoughwhat do they expect teams wlll give them? It's like they want a top 10 player in the league for an unproven talent. Hope every team gets together and says" go **** yourself" and they are suck with a missing player for 3 years.

do you guys think the twolves fanbase would be understanding enough to wait for 3 years before their draft pick touches American soil? Would the owner bepissed?

Originally Posted by DubA169

*sigh* so no rubio

like some of you said I think the wolves were kind of stupid not take that draft day deal. I'm sure there were some other good ones too. For real though what do they expect teams wlll give them? It's like they want a top 10 player in the league for an unproven talent. Hope every team gets together and says " go **** yourself" and they are suck with a missing player for 3 years.

do you guys think the twolves fanbase would be understanding enough to wait for 3 years before their draft pick touches American soil? Would the owner be pissed?
I cant speak on behalf on the TWolves fan base. But all i know is if that we ever invested that much in a guy like we would if we traded for Rubio(and the Wolves when they took him at 5 and are turning down these ill trade offers for) than he better get his #@*%$+* @#% down here.

And Kahn is officially becoming on my list of dumbest GMs if he holds on to Rubio. The fanbase will probably not be happy to wait three years for this dude andif he is planning to trade him his value will NEVER be this high again if he stays in Europe for a few years and lets his buzz die down a bit.

we were angry when we took Frederik weis and that piece of garbage never came lol. I think he was the 14th or 15th pick. i can't imagine how mad we wouldbe if we picked in the top 5 and the guy was a no show. So I guess the wolves fan base would be pissed. what if rubio gets injured in the next 2 or 3 years?They might as well trade him while his value is there.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

I think we are going to regret not pickup up Jennings or Derozan.
I would take Hill over both those dudes, even if it was just Hill vs both of them on this team
pimp.gif

And we also got my dude Toney
pimp.gif

it looks like rubio will never be in a knick uniform. i dont want to use the word hate here, but i hate kahn

[h1]Knicks to meet with free agent point guard Jason Kidd on Wednesday[/h1]
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 4:00 AM

alg_robinson-defends.jpg
McWilliam/AP
(While with Dallas last season, Jason Kidd backs down Nate Robinson. Kidd is meeting with Donnie Walsh Wednesday.)

Jason Kidd plans to meet with Knicks officials Wednesday morning, opening day of the free agent recruiting period.

A league source told the Daily News Monday night that Kidd is scheduled to sit down with Knicks president Donnie Walsh and head coach Mike D'Antoni early Wednesday. Kidd said in January that he would strongly consider signing withthe Knicks.

Kidd, who helped the Nets reach back-to-back NBA Finals before being traded to Dallas two years ago, is giving the Mavericks the first chance to re-sign him.The future Hall of Fame point guard will speak with Dallas officials before he talks to the Knicks. It is believed that Kidd also will talk to the Portland Trail Blazers.

The Knicks could sign Kidd to the mid-level exception or try to negotiate a sign-and-trade with Dallas. Since the Mavs traded Devin Harris two seasons ago for Kidd, Dallas figures to make a strong push to re-sign Kidd or at leastget compensation for having mortgaged its future.

The Knicks' interest in signing Kidd is twofold. Team president Donnie Walsh is looking for an experienced floor leader as well as a player who couldhelp recruit LeBron James should the Cavaliers' superstar and league MVP become a free agent next summer.

Kidd would be an upgrade over incumbent starting point guard Chris Duhon,but there are obvious risks attached to signing a 37-year-old player. And the Knicks also have to ask themselves why Kidd is so interested in joining a teamthat isn't vying for a championship. The obvious concern is that Kidd simply wants to spend his twilight years living and going out in Manhattan.

If the Knicks don't land Kidd, another option is restricted free agent Ramon Sessions, to whom the Bucks made a qualifying offer yesterday, enabling Milwaukee to match any bid.

The Knicks did the same with their two restricted free agents, David Lee andNate Robinson. When asked last week if he would follow the time-honoredtradition of contacting free agents at 12:01 a.m. on July 1, Walsh replied: "Do you really want me to call you at 12:01? Is it that important toyou?" Walsh added with a laugh, "If it's that important to you, I'll call at 12:01."

Walsh maintains that his goal is to re-sign both Lee and Robinson, but the club is also open to a sign-and-trade with either player.

With Mitch Lawrence

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...rd_former_net_jason_kidd.html#ixzz0JvFUYIFC&D

Nate May Take Qualifying Offer
More Knicks News

Knicks Links

Jun 30, 2009 1:17 PM EST

Nate Robinson may accept the Knicks' qualifying offer and return to New York for at least one more season.

The decision would make Robinson an unrestricted free-agent in the summer of 2010 when several marquee players are expected to be on the market.

[h1]Source: LeBron, Bosh Plan To Play Together[/h1]
Jun 30, 2009 10:35 AM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
Noted sportswriter Roland Lazenbytweets that LeBron James and Chris Bosh are planning to sign with the same team when the two are free-agents a year from now.

"The inside source says LeBron and Bosh have plans to end up playing together," Lazenby writes. "Will Shaq interrupt those plans? Prolly(sic) not."

[h1]Nate May Take Qualifying Offer[/h1]
Jun 30, 2009 1:17 PM EST

Robinson_Nate_nyk.jpg
Nate Robinson may accept theKnicks' qualifying offer and return to New York for at least one more season.

The decision would make Robinson an unrestricted free-agent in the summer of 2010 when several marquee players are expected to be on the market.

Back
Top Bottom