Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Why would Minny pick 3 4 PG's?

Makes no damn sense.
Updated

smh.gif
indifferent.gif

blackredxiiigoat wrote:

The top 2 or 3 players we wanted were all off the board by the time we were on the clock.

This sounds like the story of the Knicks for the past 8-9 NBA Drafts.

Im must glad Stern didn't say, "With the next pick, the New York Knicks select.... Danillo Gallinari".... Those words still hurt my ears

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Again...can someone PLEASE tell me about this Ricky Rubio trade???
He hasn't been traded........yet.

Right now there's rumors that he'd rather stay in Spain a few more years instead of playing for Minnesota

nerd.gif

Hmm, this sounds like another one of those Yi Jian Li stories. Didn't that guy say he didn't want to play for Milwaukee and ended *****ing and crying to get traded to NJ? I doubt Ricky will pull that card.

On another note...this makes me wonder. Why the Hell did we buy the 29th pick? I don't get it. I figured we would've packaged the 8th, 29th and another player to move up.
I think the only place we really could have moved up was to 5, but the Wizards gave that to Minny.

We bought the pick just to grab another cheap player. TD is a good pickup, I don't think he'll be a starting guard in the league, but he can score andis a real tough player.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Im must glad Stern didn't say, "With the next pick, the New York Knicks select.... Danillo Gallinari".... Those words still hurt my ears
Danillo wasn't a bad pick at all. It's far too early to proclaim him a bust, give him a chance.

Rubio Likely To Stay In Europe?

Marca.com - 06/25 - 10:59 PM EST (AP Photo)

Ricky Rubio's father gave an interview after the draft stating that his son is now likely to stay in Europe for one or two years, rather than signing inMinnesota.
Yahoo! reports that a trade between the Knicks and Wolves to send Rubio to New York is likely. But later reports suggest that the Wolves are so far statingthat they'll retain their rights to the Spanish point guard.

I am a knicks fan but why ya'll so salty at Minnesota?
laugh.gif
Ya'll give knicks fans a bad name whining and and all that. Relax we'll be fine.

Because they took TWO point guards, BACK-to-BACK. Two point guards, any of which we would have been happy with. And that had a domino effect with GS takingCurry, leaving us with NO ONE that we originally wanted.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Because they took TWO point guards, BACK-to-BACK. Two point guards, any of which we would have been happy with. And that had a domino effect with GS taking Curry, leaving us with NO ONE that we originally wanted.

Very true Minny picked Rubio on purpose to force a trade with the Knicks thats my belief.

What a disappointing night. I expected some meaningful trades to happen tonight for us, but I guess it didn't happen. At least Darko will leave next year.I believe QRich had a players option next year and I doubt he would've opted out. This at least kills another 9 million off our books.

I still think we can get rid of Curry and Jefferies. We can package one of them with Larry Hughes and Nate Robinson and get some more money off our books.

I think Curry talking a little too much in the pre draft interviews ruined our chances.

He should have kept his mouth shut
ohwell.gif

What a disappointing night. I expected some meaningful trades to happen tonight for us, but I guess it didn't happen.
Basically how I feel.

If this helps anyone sleep better at night...

20haft.jpg

came in the mail yesterday
smile.gif
he was pondering on switching to the number 6, which is his olympic number. he'll most likely do that if he opts out to go to another team in'10. and imo, toney douglas is a steal at 29. he's a head-on defender he's not afraid to sacrifice his body and his shooting is on point, not stephcurrylike but can compare to jeff teague or w. ellington

Originally Posted by Big J 33

[h1]Nothing In The Works Between Knicks and Wolves On Rubio[/h1]

Jun 25, 2009 11:58 PM EST

Rubio_Ricky_ncaa.jpg
Earlier indications were that the Knicks and Wolves were discussing a trade to send Ricky Rubio to the Knicks.

But Alan Hahn reports that "a source with knowledge of the Knicks' thinking said there was nothing in the works" with the Wolves regarding Rubio.
Hopefully this isn't true, still holding out hope.

It's all part of the game, Walsh is gonna get him.

Originally Posted by NY41101

Because they took TWO point guards, BACK-to-BACK. Two point guards, any of which we would have been happy with. And that had a domino effect with GS taking Curry, leaving us with NO ONE that we originally wanted.

Very true Minny picked Rubio on purpose to force a trade with the Knicks thats my belief.

That was a smart move on their part. Knicks fans, always feeling entitled.
laugh.gif
were the wolves supposed to not pick the two best players on the board?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PaidNHalf

Originally Posted by NY41101

That was a smart move on their part. Knicks fans, always feeling entitled.
laugh.gif
were the wolves supposed to not pick the two best players on the board?
laugh.gif

We aint entitled to no one but if you know a player isnt going to play for you why draft him, If Im a big market team I dont offer them much cause youreally dont have to the guy is not going to play in Minny everyone knows that and he is 18 so he can stay over there 2 or 3 more years and he would still be 21when he gets to the NBA. If im the Knicks I play it like im not interested and Ive moved on Walsh shouldnt allow himself to get fleeced by the Twolves.

Back
Top Bottom