Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

son, I need a pair of those Ponys Ill Will has.

You and me both... The moment they drop on Eastbay it's a wrap!

l.php

Wilson Chandler"Dunkman's"???....

eek.gif
pimp.gif

how you figure we're gonna be worse than last year?

well for starters, whats our identity? are we gonna play pick-up ball every game again? That might work if we had tbe talent but we still dont. We have a bunchof role players.

Also, we dont play any defense. Bringing in larry was a start but thats not gonna change our philosophy. So we're gonna rely on our young, mostlyinexperienced guys to win games offensively. I dont have faith in this team.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

didn't i say lee will eventually develop a 3 pt shot! and ya'll were liek i'm losing my mind. riiiiiiighttttt haha

Dude hit a couple in practice, most NBA players can do that. Lee didn't even have a 15 foot jumper last year so I would rather see him get that down patfirst.

anyone got any Danillo highlights? ive always wondered whats the obsession with this guy. i mean its only his 2nd year but he look like nothing special to mebut then again i dont watch knick games so maybe ive missed out. but im sure hes been injured as well from what i know. just want to know whats so good aboutthis guy.

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

Super Producer J wrote:

well for starters, whats our identity? are we gonna play pick-up ball every game again? That might work if we had tbe talent but we still dont. We have a bunch of role players.

Also, we dont play any defense. Bringing in larry was a start but thats not gonna change our philosophy. So we're gonna rely on our young, mostly inexperienced guys to win games offensively. I dont have faith in this team.

I thought our identity was determined when D'Antoni was hired as head coach. Defensively? Last season, defense wasn't even on the Knickradar as a concern. However, there are already talks about it, so that in itself is at least a step in the right direction. We actually have players withexperience, but no real leaders. Offensively, I doubt there's a problem. Defensively, that remains to be seen, but it should be interesting to see whatthey plan to do about it.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

anyone got any Danillo highlights? ive always wondered whats the obsession with this guy. i mean its only his 2nd year but he look like nothing special to me but then again i dont watch knick games so maybe ive missed out. but im sure hes been injured as well from what i know. just want to know whats so good about this guy.
The Knicks used him mostly as a spot up shooter, but if you look at his European highlights think Hedo Turkolugh with better shooting and ballhandling.

Danillo is a ******ed shooter, son is ridiculous, put up unprecedented shooting efficiency numbers in his rookie year.
pimp.gif

gallo was just limited last year..

being a rookie, and being injured.

The fact he was finishing plays above the rim, is great, great news.

I can't wait.

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

well for starters, whats our identity? are we gonna play pick-up ball every game again? That might work if we had tbe talent but we still dont. We have a bunch of role players.

Also, we dont play any defense. Bringing in larry was a start but thats not gonna change our philosophy. So we're gonna rely on our young, mostly inexperienced guys to win games offensively. I dont have faith in this team.
i disagree.we kept most of our players from last year so they got a year to get accustomed and really know D'antoni's system.the identityis pretty much there already.run and gun and move the ball.for the players that came late via trade and the rookies we just picked up,they get a full trainingcamp to catch up.

D will always be a concern with D'antoni as our headcoach but he's already said the coaching staff is gonna try and put more emphasis on that.i believewe'll be better defensively this year with more skilled big bodies clogging up the middle than last years squad and a years worth of progression from theguards.

and yes,i am an optimist.
tongue.gif

[h1]D'Antoni gives Darko free pass for late arrival[/h1]By MARC BERMAN
SARATOGA SPRINGS - Darko Milicic didn't arrive in New York from Serbia till last weekend, missing the entire series of pre-camp workouts. It was thefirst time Milicic had met Mike D'Antoni and Knick officials since the Draft Night trade in June.

On the surface, it was illustrative of Milicic's lack of dedication to his work - something he's been accused of during his underachieving careerthat began as the No. 2 pick in the draft by Detroit.

Yes, Mike D'Antoni wished the 7-foot Milicic had come early to join most of his mates. But he's given him a pass. Through the first two days ofpractice, he has looked to be in shape and figures to be the backup center to David Lee. At least Milicic wasn't on the shelf like center Eddy Curry, whosestrained right calf has put a giant damper on his comeback.

D'Antoni spent most of his career in the Italian League and understood Milicic's reluctance to report earlier. "I've been on the otherend,'' D'Antoni said. "I had to go to Europe. I had 15 grandfathers die, about 3 grandmothers and four aunts. That's what you do whenyou're a foreigner. You want to stay home with the family.''

Milicic's excuse was having a newborn baby boy in July after recently getting married.

"He knows if he'll play well in October, he's going to play,'' D'Antoni said. "You give him leeway. I'd love for him tocome in early but you know what. He's fine. He came in shape and is ready to go. It's more for me, more selfish than anything else. I wanted to see himplay.''

D'Antoni doesn't have major expectations for Milicic, whose been a giant disappointment in stints with Detroit, Orlando and Memphis. D'Antonisaid last week that - who knows - Milicic could turn into "a serial killer.''

But the Knicks actually helped themselves in the trade by getting rid of serial team cancer, Quentin Richardson, who hogged up undeserved minutes the pasttwo seasons and played dreadfully.

"(I like) his skill sets,'' D'Antoni said of Milicic. "Shooting, length, ability to run the floor. All the talent and attributes ofwhat we love. Will that fit in what we do and adapt mentally to what we do, we'll see. We don't know yet. I like what we see so far.''

"We'll try to get the most out of him,'' D'Antoni said. "If it works great, if it doesn't, we'll be fine.''

--
Curry underwent treatment on his right calf strain this morning and wasn't seen at Skidmore College. He won't practice tonight either. Whetherhe's able to practice fully again in Camp Saratoga is a big mystery. But there is no truth to the rumor he is legally changing his name to Jerome James

But the Knicks actually helped themselves in the trade by getting rid of serial team cancer, Quentin Richardson, who hogged up undeserved minutes the past two seasons and played dreadfully.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
then what the hell was Stephon Marbury?

I predict big things from darko this season. Its either him or jeffries as first bigs off the bench, he's probably already our best shotblocker other thanwilson
laugh.gif

Whether he's able to practice fully again in Camp Saratoga is a big mystery. But there is no truth to the rumor he is legally changing his name to JeromeJames

OH SNAP

laugh.gif
a serial team cancer? Jesus.

Jordan Hill draining mid-range J's in the scrimmage. They're leaving him open like he's Jared Jeffries.3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Originally Posted by Woodside718

I predict big things from darko this season. Its either him or jeffries as first bigs off the bench, he's probably already our best shotblocker other than wilson
laugh.gif
na darkos gonna suck and dissapoint as usual like he's done for the past 6 seasons of his dissapointing carreer.

still i think the knicks will compete for the 8th seed if they stay healthy and continue to improve from last year.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by Woodside718

I predict big things from darko this season. Its either him or jeffries as first bigs off the bench, he's probably already our best shotblocker other than wilson
laugh.gif
na darkos gonna suck and dissapoint as usual like he's done for the past 6 seasons of his dissapointing carreer.

still i think the knicks will compete for the 8th seed if they stay healthy and continue to improve from last year.
if he gets some minutes he'll do good.it's his contract year so you know he's gonna contribute.he'll prolly have to go back toeurope if he doesn't show anything this year.

i wouldnt mind resigning him fo vets min. if he does well, same with al.
its a bit far to be talking about contracts though
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom