Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

This is why we should've picked up a PG in the draft.
I think we would have loved to but by the time we were up Rubio, Evans, Flynn, and even Curry were off board. Who would you wanna get Jennings
sick.gif

We need a floor general like Sessions those are the kinda players that excel in our system and they were all gone by #8 so we went with the best availableplayer AND scooped a steal in Douglas at 29. I have no problems with our draft

BJ has done pretty well in the SL games.
i mean, 2011 FA class isnt bad, but honestly, who doesnt want to have a cap space and try to give lebron a good offer?
but i mean, if we can pull a denver and trade curry for a 2nd round pick like they did for marcus camby, im all for it.

Originally Posted by BangDak

i mean, 2011 FA class isnt bad, but honestly, who doesnt want to have a cap space and try to give lebron a good offer?
but i mean, if we can pull a denver and trade curry for a 2nd round pick like they did for marcus camby, im all for it.
i feel you. But in honestly lets take a look at a team like Houston who has been rumored to be interested in Curry. They just signed Ariza multiyear and with Battier and Yao still taking up cap space there is no possible way they can hand out a max contract next summer. However by 2011 almost all oftheir salary is off the books and their only major contract is Ariza.

Houston is also a team that may not ant to give up just yet considering how far they went last year. They replaced Artest with Ariza and must still have somehope that T Mac can be a factor next season and Brooks broke out HARD in the playoffs last season. The only problem is losing Yao. They may be a team that willtake a chance on Curry because if Curry can be any kind of a force next season he will put them back in the picture. however if he fails 2010 means nothing tothem anyway and they can clean house and start back up in 2011.

[h5]August 8, 2009[/h5][h1]LeBron headed for free-agency?; Knicks in holding pattern onSessions[/h1]
LeBronJames.jpg

By BRIAN LEWIS

The Knicks and Donnie Walsh seem to want Ramon Sessions, but not at the cost of valuable salary cap space to sign a max free agent next summer.

Now more than ever, after LeBron James essentially said yesterday that he plans to become an unrestricted free agent in 2010.

No, that doesn't mean he's leaving Cleveland, with the Cavaliers able to offer him more years and more coin than anybody else. But yesterday KingJames said he wouldn't sign the extension the Cavs had offered last month, and wouldn't pick up his own player option that'd keep him in Clevelandthrough 2010-11.

"I signed a contract in 2006 with an option. It would make no sense for me to sign that contract if I didn't keep my options open. I'll let youfill in the blanks,''
James told cleveland.comhttp://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/08/lebron_james_will_keep_contrac.html at the launch of his new Nike AirMax LeBron VII sneakers. They were King James' strongest comments to date.

If he doesn't sign the extension _ believed to be for three years _ or exercise the option by June 30, 2010, he'd become an unrestricted free agent.And as much as Mike D'Antoni may want Sessions, I can't see Walsh endangering his pursuit of James by coughing up the full mid-level _ especially sincehe seems to be bidding with himself with regards to the Bucks' guard.
Jerry Stackhouse came and worked out and left without an offer, as did JasonWilliams. The latter is now an unrestricted free agent. As far as Stack, a source placed their odds of signing him as somewhere between "under 50-50 andlongshot.''

Originally Posted by THE GR8

i feel you. But in honestly lets take a look at a team like Houston who has been rumored to be interested in Curry. They just signed Ariza multi year and with Battier and Yao still taking up cap space there is no possible way they can hand out a max contract next summer. However by 2011 almost all of their salary is off the books and their only major contract is Ariza.

Houston is also a team that may not ant to give up just yet considering how far they went last year. They replaced Artest with Ariza and must still have some hope that T Mac can be a factor next season and Brooks broke out HARD in the playoffs last season. The only problem is losing Yao. They may be a team that will take a chance on Curry because if Curry can be any kind of a force next season he will put them back in the picture. however if he fails 2010 means nothing to them anyway and they can clean house and start back up in 2011.
brooks is overrated. hes quick and all, but eh.
i think they'll only take a chance on curry, if Tlady is injured again, and wont make it back because hes the only way that could help bring them into theplayoffs.

It's quite the headache being a fan of major sports franchise. It's also sad that money inevitably plays the defining role in whether your favorite orthe best player signs with the team. It is really nice to see the loyalty that Nate is showing during this time.

And let me reiterate this notion. I'd rather have Wade than Lebron. I know he is completely off our radar, but I don't think he should be. With Miamihaving a few horrible seasons right after their championship run, wouldn't Wade want to jump ship before it's too late? I know Miami is Miami, but thisis New York.

Just putting it out there.

i cant believe we are not pushing the rockets to take curry from us. I mean they're clearly rebuilding, yao is done for the season maybe more, they'llmost likely have the #1 pick come next season, and who needs a C more then them right now? I say donnie should take that risk and give sessions the full MLEand work the phone lines like crazy hoping that he can deal curry or jeffries by the deadline.

[h2]Which Long Term Deal Should New York Make?[/h2]

Just curious what Knick fans think, since it seems that things have quieted down. Let's assume that we only have one long term deal to offer this summer. Which one you would prefer? This doesn't mean that New York can't sign the other players to 1 year deals (save for Sessions), but it does mean they would hit the market as an unrestricted free agent next year. While that doesn't mean the Knicks couldn't resign that player next summer, however it comes with some caveats.

First is that they would likely have to get a deal done quickly, because the cap hold would likely be larger than their contract. Secondly if they decide they can't afford the player, they would have to renounce their rights to get the cap hold released. And finally, as an unrestricted free agent that player wouldn't have to give the Knicks a chance to match an offer. They could just leave the team without any compensation.

So if you could only pick one offer, which would it be? I tried to approximate their 2011 salary, so you'd get an idea of how much it would cost the Knicks next summer. And remember the offer to Sessions would mean that the Bucks could match.
Which Long Term Deal Should New York Make?
  • A David Lee - 5 years/$45M ($8.1M in 2011)
  • B Nate Robinson - 5 years/$25M ($4.5M in 2011)
  • C Ramon Sessions offer sheet - 5 years/$33.9M ($6.1M in 2011)
  • D None

its obvious the knicks are too caught up about the 2010 free agency. its pretty sad based on the fact that they are willing to sacrifice and let go 2 of thebiggest contributors in lee and robinson. it'll also be funny when james spurns them next summer

^its called being smart with money, not wasting it the second you get it, for example portland and zeke.
and those are all big numbers they're going to get. donnie wouldnt give out any of those deals.

^its called being smart with money, not wasting it the second you get it, for example portland and zeke.
and those are all big numbers they're going to get. donnie wouldnt give out any of those deals.

Lets say hypothetically the knicks do manage to sign lebron, bosh, or wade.......what team could they possibly surround any of those 3 guys with??? its obviousthey're not trying to sign anyone to long term deals until next summer, when they do happend to sign a max player to a max deal what money will be left? idont think any player would be dumb enough to go to a team thats not solidified or in contention.

^lebron alone took the whole scrubby cavs team to the ECF.
and by the way, our rookies chandler/gallo have shown great potential. and dont forget jordan hill. just a thought :wink

I swear to God if we lose out on Sessions I'm going to be very pissed off. What good is signing a max player when you don't have a point guard on yourroster? And don't say let's draft one next year because we don't have a pick. This is becoming a joke.

I would take C. I understand that we need to save money but damn whatever FA we land in 2010 needs someone to play with
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Originally Posted by you big dummy

0522489eb2d0e74a642abd49a1d61172-getty-89643103nb070_rookie_shoot.jpg

578dc05bb8b98815d0b1b7f401b2fe54-getty-89643103nb071_rookie_shoot.jpg

That hurt...

A LOT.
smh.gif
For some damn reason I regret passing on him and I didn't even like him as a player coming into the draft. Just something about him seems likehe should be in New York, I'm not even talking about the Knicks, just the whole city of New York in general
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom