Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Walsh please stay away from Stackhouse!
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

AI + sessions lets get it

sessions
AI
chandler
lee
curry
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
darko

pimp.gif

or Al at 4 and Lee at 5 like last year... but no way we can sign AI and Sess using just the MLE unless AI is willing to take like MLE which imo could be one ofthe biggest turn of events of all time for someone who averaged 25 and 7 just 2 years ago and even averaged 17 last year in one of the worst years of hiscareer
laugh.gif

A confidant of Nate Robinson said that Robinson is willing to wait for the Knicks to see their other off-season plans to a conclusion before getting back to him.

Robinson has "made it clear to Donnie [Walsh] and the organization that he wants to be there" and will "wait patiently while they sort through whatever they need to," said the source.

In the meantime, Alan Hahn calls the Knicks' signing of Ramon Sessions "inevitable" and says "there's reason to believe the Knicks want him enough to do what it takes" to add Sessions to the roster.

Sessions' agent Chubby Wells, who last week predicted a resolution of his client's status by early this week, has apparently stopped giving the media updates on the progress of negotiations with the Knicks.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and
pimp.gif
at Nate being a man through all of this. He is really that dude andis devoted and loves being a Knicks. I think his patience will pay divens and he will be a Knick for at least this next season, and he will step his game upanother level and either...

a) get that extention from the Knicks he wants, or
b) play well enough to get a nice contract and a nice role elsewhere

LeBron: I Hope To Stay With Cleveland Beyond 2010

Yahoo! - 08/06 - 8:22 PM EST (AP Photo)

LeBron James was asked about the possibility he will remain with the Cleveland Cavaliers beyond the 2009-10 season.
"I hope so," said James. "I signed a contract in 2006 with a three-year extension to leave my options open. Hopefully everything works out.I'm not ashamed of anything in Cleveland ... I'm looking forward to this season and we'll see what happens."

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

LeBron: I Hope To Stay With Cleveland Beyond 2010

Yahoo! - 08/06 - 8:22 PM EST (AP Photo)

LeBron James was asked about the possibility he will remain with the Cleveland Cavaliers beyond the 2009-10 season.
"I hope so," said James. "I signed a contract in 2006 with a three-year extension to leave my options open. Hopefully everything works out. I'm not ashamed of anything in Cleveland ... I'm looking forward to this season and we'll see what happens."

not concerned all he basically said was that he hopes Cleveland could keep him happy so he will stay. He never said hell be there no matter what and that ifthey fall short again he wouldnt leave. He was basically staying he would stay if he could win a ring there which i hope wont happen.

Meh... nothing to talk $%@! about in here...

Unless Walsh signs Stackhouse, then I'll be back like Arnold in the early 90's
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MeloVP

for everybody w/ complaints on how the offseason is going..at least we have some assemblage of a plan

some teams are just scooping players like there's no tomorrow

why tf do the pistons have rip and ben gordon?

randy foye, gil, and mike miller..PLUS nick young?

we're trying something here and y'all know its a year b4 %#%# supposed to pop for us, so i don't get the impatience

breathe y'all.
PREACH!!

Wow there are some Knick fans who get it. I as well dont get the complaints about the offseason being boring or uneventful....like who seriously expected andexciting offseason for the Knicks. This offseason the Knicks are best served not acquiring any long term contracts. It is only best if they shedsalary....Donnie has a plan and is sticking to it and I like it. Getting Sessions would be a great move in my opinion AT THE RIGHT VALUE! I don't blameDonnie one bit for being patient this offseason....I am glad to see the Knicks doing what they should be doing and getting this team headed in the rightdirection.

I just wish all the fans could be patient and stop expecting a quick fix. They have been bad all decade and I have been a Knicks fan for 19 years...one morerough season or season of growing pains is not going to kill me. Let's just enjoy the progress and as Melo said..."breathe y'all".

this offseason IMO has been unsuccessful. How long does it really take to sign or trade lee (lee already said he'd accept a 1 year offer) and nate? I meancome on now that is just bad management. Walsh is old and is being WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to patient. Especially with nate. It really takes this long to offersomeone a 1 year 3 mill contract? Come on now. I think this will affect us negatively in 2010. Free agents will see how poorly we handled lee, nate, andsessions (almost a whole month just to sign 1 guy who has little to no interest from other teams smfh) and are gonna be hesitant signing with us. Thisorganization constantly gets scrutinized by coaches, the media, and ever our own players. No one asked for a eventful offseason, but we cant even get thebasics down and sign our own players.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by MeloVP

for everybody w/ complaints on how the offseason is going..at least we have some assemblage of a plan

some teams are just scooping players like there's no tomorrow

why tf do the pistons have rip and ben gordon?

randy foye, gil, and mike miller..PLUS nick young?

we're trying something here and y'all know its a year b4 %#%# supposed to pop for us, so i don't get the impatience

breathe y'all.
PREACH!!

Wow there are some Knick fans who get it. I as well dont get the complaints about the offseason being boring or uneventful....like who seriously expected and exciting offseason for the Knicks. This offseason the Knicks are best served not acquiring any long term contracts. It is only best if they shed salary....Donnie has a plan and is sticking to it and I like it. Getting Sessions would be a great move in my opinion AT THE RIGHT VALUE! I don't blame Donnie one bit for being patient this offseason....I am glad to see the Knicks doing what they should be doing and getting this team headed in the right direction.

I just wish all the fans could be patient and stop expecting a quick fix. They have been bad all decade and I have been a Knicks fan for 19 years...one more rough season or season of growing pains is not going to kill me. Let's just enjoy the progress and as Melo said..."breathe y'all".
I think the only reason why I've been impatient is because of the horrible coverage. Going from "we're on the verge of signing so andso" to "we've signed so and so" to "we're no longer intrested in so and so" in just one big massive circle
laugh.gif

Knicks or clippers?

Clippers Making Strong Pitch For Sessions

The Journal Times - 08/06 - 10:42 PM EST (AP Photo)

The Clippers are talking to the Bucks about a sign-and-trade deal to land restricted free-agent Ramon Sessions.
If the Clippers and Bucks do not reach agreement, the Clippers may seek to enter into an offer sheet with Sessions. The Bucks would have seven days to match.
Talks between the two teams are expected to resume on Friday.
The Knicks remain interested but are believed to be wary of taking on more salary without first trimming their 2010 payroll.

Clipps, Kings Steppin Up?? By Tommy Dee - Aug 6, 200910:13 pm
"…Since the commencement of free agency in the NBA on July 1, it's been generally assumed the New York Knicks were the frontrunners for http://www.theknicksblog....nks/images/external.png) no-repeat scroll right center; padding-right: 13px; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" rel="external">Ramon Sessions.

That might not be the case anymore.

The Los Angeles Clippers have intensified their interest in Sessions and appear on the brink of making a strong pitch for him.

The scuttlebutt around the NBA is the clippers and Bucks are discussing a sign-and-trade scenario with Sessions, a restricted free agent, being the central figure.

The Clippers would ideally like to include point guard Sebastian Telfair in the deal, and have also tossed out some other possibilities, including a draft pick…"

Sure, this is kind of what everyone has been waiting for.

But, you have to think that the Bucks aren't interested in Telfair's near 3 million dollar player option for next year. And when you figure theKings just added Sergio Rodriguez and Tyreke Evans to go along with Beno Udrih, there's no fit there either.
Finger point to Adam Silversteinfor the link…

[h1]N8 will w8 it out[/h1]
Thursday August 6, 2009 9:28 PM By Alan Hahn

Nate Robinson wants to remain a Knick, even though the team appears to be looking at several alternatives to having him return as the third guard in MikeD'Antoni's rotation. Robinson was present for a phone conversation with his agents and Donnie Walsh on Wednesday and understands that the Knicks are inhot pursuit of restricted free agent Ramon Sessions.

And if the Knicks land Sessions -- it seems inevitable -- than Robinson is aware he would likely be the odd man out in the equation.

One of Robinson's confidants told me that the popular 5-9 guard "made it clear to Donnie and the organization that he wants to be there" andthat his stance right now is to "wait patiently while they sort through whatever they need to."

David Lee a few weeks ago wasn't as content with remaining an unsigned restricted free agent this deep into the offseason. Lee said he was"frustrated" with the lack of progress and acknowledged it was time for his agent to strongly consider alternatives, which would mean sign-and-tradescenarios.

Robinson doesn't sound ready to push that angle yet, though when the time comes he may have an easier time finding a S&T deal because his askingprice is considerably lower than Lee's number.

He's showing some serious loyalty here and he's also showing a lot of humility. You would think after seeing the team court Jason Kidd and AndreMiller, invite Jamaal Tinsley in for a visit, put in a waiver bid for Jason Williams and bring him in for a workout and then target another restricted freeagent in Sessions, that Robinson, who has yet to get an offer from the Knicks, would have good reason to feel jilted and prefer to go where he was wanted. ButRobinson maintains his preference is to stay in New York, with the Knicks, in the system that helped him produce a career-best season.

Clearly, it seems to the Knicks that Robinson is insurance in case all else fails and there are no better options out there. We've explained whyin a previous post.

To re-quote:

... his effervescent (and often grating) personality was also an annoyance. No one puts in more work than Robinson, who on practice days often went backto the gym at night to work on his shooting. But the concern is that as much as he loves to play and is passionate about the game, he also was seen and heardcracking jokes immediately after losses and had a class-clown persona that disrupted the focus of the team.

So if this poker table stare-down with Sessions and his agent backfires (there's reason to believe the Knicks want him enough to do what it takes) theKnicks can always fall-back, baby, with a one-year deal with Robinson and then come next summer renounce his Bird Rights so his cap hold comes off the 2010ledger. It would be just as if they did a one-year rental with Tinsley or Williams.

Speaking of 2010, TNT's David Aldridge -- who is still very much an old school reporter and journalist even as he has become a TV personality for TNT --published a conversation he had with LeBron James for NBA.com. Inthe story, which covered LeBron's widely-criticized decision not to shake hands after being eliminated by the Magic to the infamous stolen video of himbeing dunked on by Joe Crawford's little brother, James shows exactly why he gets it and exactly why the Knicks desperately need this type of a personalityin New York.

It takes a special star athlete to deftly handle the media crush of New York (see: Jeter, Derek) and make it work for you. James puts this ability ondisplay by acknowledging that, while he does not regret blowing off the post-game handshakes, he does admit to Aldridge that he was wrong to blow off thepost-game media responsibilities:

"Looking back on it, without you guys, honestly ... there's really no, there's no LeBron, there's no Dwyane Wade, there's no TigerWoods, there's no Peyton Manning and the rest of these guys that do the things and (are) seen every day."

This quote should be in every media training session around the NBA this fall.

this offseason IMO has been unsuccessful. How long does it really take to sign or trade lee (lee already said he'd accept a 1 year offer) and nate? I mean come on now that is just bad management. Walsh is old and is being WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to patient. Especially with nate. It really takes this long to offer someone a 1 year 3 mill contract? Come on now. I think this will affect us negatively in 2010. Free agents will see how poorly we handled lee, nate, and sessions (almost a whole month just to sign 1 guy who has little to no interest from other teams smfh) and are gonna be hesitant signing with us. This organization constantly gets scrutinized by coaches, the media, and ever our own players. No one asked for a eventful offseason, but we cant even get the basics down and sign our own players.
I agree with everything you said. Theres a point where you gotta something done already. You guys saying that this off season isn't bad aregonna be just as pissed as the rest of us when we don't get sessions because of like half a million dollars. I can see players not wanting to deal withknicks management because of how they handled lee and nate and are trying to penny pinch for sessions. Plus with the bad reoutation the orginization hasalready, that's not a good look for us.

Originally Posted by DubA169

this offseason IMO has been unsuccessful. How long does it really take to sign or trade lee (lee already said he'd accept a 1 year offer) and nate? I mean come on now that is just bad management. Walsh is old and is being WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to patient. Especially with nate. It really takes this long to offer someone a 1 year 3 mill contract? Come on now. I think this will affect us negatively in 2010. Free agents will see how poorly we handled lee, nate, and sessions (almost a whole month just to sign 1 guy who has little to no interest from other teams smfh) and are gonna be hesitant signing with us. This organization constantly gets scrutinized by coaches, the media, and ever our own players. No one asked for a eventful offseason, but we cant even get the basics down and sign our own players.
I agree with everything you said. Theres a point where you gotta something done already. You guys saying that this off season isn't bad are gonna be just as pissed as the rest of us when we don't get sessions because of like half a million dollars. I can see players not wanting to deal with knicks management because of how they handled lee and nate and are trying to penny pinch for sessions. Plus with the bad reoutation the orginization has already, that's not a good look for us.
I think you guys are seriously missing the point. So what if the Knicks are pinching pennies?! They should to put themselves in the best positionpossible for next offseason. That is the plan and Walsh is sticking to it. We FINALLY get a rebuilding plan and you guys are complaining and worrying aboutthe perception?! The Knicks perception and reputation can't get any worse than it got under Isiah Thomas. In fact the perception around the league for theKnicks is good EVERYONE knows they are looking to make a splash next summer and that is viewed as a good thing.

They are not handling Lee, Nate or Sessions poorly at all. This is a business and the Knicks have to make the right business decision that is best for thelong term future of the team. We can't go for quick fixes and overpay players that will affect our plan.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

it's actually nice to know that nate is still loyal to the team tho...that is rare nowadays
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And when you figure the Kings just added Sergio Rodriguez and Tyreke Evans to go along with Beno Udrih, there's no fit there either.
exactly what i was just bout to come in here and say. This is why im glad we have a guy like Donnie that actually has a pln, because i have sathere this offseason and watched some execs that keep piling on @@+* and have noooo idea what the #%$# they are doing... The Kings? You just add Reke and Sergiowhile you still have Udrih who put together a solid season last year, and now yall want Sessions?? Thats why a team like that will never get outta thegutter... as goes for the Clips. You got Baroon in the bakcourt with a monsterrr contract you add Telfair to provide help, you have one of the players you wantin the teams future at the 2 in Gordon and now yall are making a push for Sessions and AI??? %*@%%. My dudes Flatbush and Melo are definitley right that it isnce to have someone like Donnie who will wait it out and has a legit plan to get outta the gutter.

On the other hand i do have to agree with some of the others that the offseason has been a little too quiet. Part of that is def due to the media coveragewhich deserves a big L... but cmon its not lik we have been purposely this quiet. If we were yet to hand out anything and were still working on resigning guysand aquiring Sessions id b ok. But if we lose essions ima be heated. Cause honestly he is a 23 year old PG with what i beliueve is possible allstar potentialin this system and he is right out there waiting for us to make an offer. If Donnie had been this quiet all offseason there would be no problems. But if Donniewas going after Sessions with half the desire he used to go after Kidd and Grant Hill for the same $ (Kidd i kinda get but he is old as #%$# and the 3 yeardeal we handed out so quickly really baffles me considering Kidd's age and that he doesnt want to give that to Sessions who is 23, Grant Hill just made 0sense, he is old as #%$# AND plays the position we do not need). Im not gonna hate on Donnie 100% just yet because if there are truly no more options forSessions and he knows that and he is just negotiating the right deal, im cool. But if Sess ends up with the Clips or Kings or some @@+* and i know he was outthere and we could have got him for the MLE but didnt make an offer after offering it so quickly to Hill and Kidd, that is what i consider Donnie taking an L.But well wait and see.

And also i think that resigning Nate and Lee shoulda been done earlier as well, especially Nate since i am near 100% sure he would take a 1 year offer for $3million and there is really no downside to that. We get our best scorer and fan favorite back again next year and he does not jeapordize our cap next summer.This is kinda going like the Marbury saga went last year, it is just being waited out for too long.

Anyway saying all of that i give Donnie more of a incomplete than a L. Because if Donnie knows his @@+* and can bring back Nate and/or Lee another year andsign Sessions than that is a very succesful offseason in my books, one where we get extremely better for next season and only adding Sessions to our 2010 cap.If he can do all that plus getting rid of Curry/Jeffries he is once again the miracle worker. Lets not give up on Donnie so quick remember this is the guy whosaved us over $25 mil in cap space in one single day (Novemeber 21 2008
laugh.gif
yeah i remember the date because when its all said and done i think it will be looked upon as one of the GOAT days in recent Knicks history). So letswait and see what Walsh has up his sleeves before we critique him and dont blame him for the media being ******ed and prematurely reporting @@+*, that is whySessions people have stopped reporting to the media. Other than that the only things Donnie did that i disagree with is giving kidd and Hill those contracts soquick, but this offseason can still end succesful. Lets let Walsh do his thing.

EDIT:
I don't view getting sessions for 3 or 4 years as a quick fix, that's really what I'm getting at. Depending on the price, Lee might be be a good fit for the long term as well. We need to put together some semblance of a team that a star player is gonna wanna play with.
there wont be a star player if we give Lee the contract he wants
sick.gif

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by DubA169

I agree with everything you said. Theres a point where you gotta something done already. You guys saying that this off season isn't bad are gonna be just as pissed as the rest of us when we don't get sessions because of like half a million dollars. I can see players not wanting to deal with knicks management because of how they handled lee and nate and are trying to penny pinch for sessions. Plus with the bad reoutation the orginization has already, that's not a good look for us.
I think you guys are seriously missing the point. So what if the Knicks are pinching pennies?! They should to put themselves in the best position possible for next offseason. That is the plan and Walsh is sticking to it. We FINALLY get a rebuilding plan and you guys are complaining and worrying about the perception?! The Knicks perception and reputation can't get any worse than it got under Isiah Thomas. In fact the perception around the league for the Knicks is good EVERYONE knows they are looking to make a splash next summer and that is viewed as a good thing.

They are not handling Lee, Nate or Sessions poorly at all. This is a business and the Knicks have to make the right business decision that is best for the long term future of the team. We can't go for quick fixes and overpay players that will affect our plan.
I don't view getting sessions for 3 or 4 years as a quick fix, that's really what I'm getting at. Depending on the price, Lee might bebe a good fit for the long term as well. We need to put together some semblance of a team that a star player is gonna wanna play with.

beno had a solid season last season? OH PLEASE.
i rather sign nate to a 3 year, 9 mil contract, but he just doesnt fit in.
lee is asking too much, and i would love to do a sign and trade for him.
thoughts of buckets resigning a contract this year/when season ends guys?
i wouldnt mind, he could be our spark off the bench imo.

Originally Posted by BangDak

beno had a solid season last season? OH PLEASE.
i rather sign nate to a 3 year, 9 mil contract, but he just doesnt fit in.
lee is asking too much, and i would love to do a sign and trade for him.
thoughts of buckets resigning a contract this year/when season ends guys?
i wouldnt mind, he could be our spark off the bench imo.
i like Buckets for the right price... and 11 points on 46% shooting to go along with 5 apg isnt solid for a guy who is now a backup with theaddition of Tyreke Evans?? Oh Please.

Udrih is most def a solid PG, especially as a backup. He was a key backup when the Spurs were winning rings. Now that they brought in Reke who is probably thestarting PG of now and the future and Udrih is a backup again along with Rodriguez (making for 2 capable backup PGs) and you have K Mart at the 2 making anyargument of putting Reke at the 2 null and void. Will someone PLEASE explain to me how the Kings gong after Sessions can be classified as even semi- notretarded??
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

do you not know how much beno is making?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you want to make him a BACKUP?
No, not at all. Im not debating his contract. but since he is already on the team, and they just drafted Reke and aquired Sergio AND still have KMart at the 2... it makes 0 sense to go after Sessions. It makes about as much sense as when we went after Grant Hill
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom