Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

your argument doesnt make any sense.
if anything, i wouldnt mind having BOTH jwill+nate. duhon can be traded, since his expiring can be used elsewhere that needs a backup point (orlando anyone?)
Nate is one of the top 6th mans in the league, but best? you can make an case for him, but eh. how can jwill not be a good 6th man? he may not defend well, buthis court vision is still 10x better then nate. nate is basically our spark off the bench, our firepower, but i think we have more then enough firepower nowthat our rotation got more solid.

Originally Posted by BangDak

your argument doesnt make any sense.
if anything, i wouldnt mind having BOTH jwill+nate. duhon can be traded, since his expiring can be used elsewhere that needs a backup point (orlando anyone?)
Nate is one of the top 6th mans in the league, but best? you can make an case for him, but eh. how can jwill not be a good 6th man? he may not defend well, but his court vision is still 10x better then nate. nate is basically our spark off the bench, our firepower, but i think we have more then enough firepower now that our rotation got more solid.

The problem here is that you think that JWill is still any good. He's not. He has bum +!@ knees, and he does not have 10x the court vision of Nate. Hehasn't since being trapped in Memphis. I don't know why you would want JWill and Nate, when Duhon is better right now. He is not an upgrade over Duhon.At all.

You guys give Duhon too much %@*+. He's not a bad player, but he's better off the bench. He lit it up the first half of the season, but regressedthe 2nd half. I'll still bet that 2nd half Duhon is better then JWill at any point.

i think we should go after wally szcerbiak. he'll fill the hole we have at SG and can be a veteran presence as well. i dunno, what ya'll think?

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

i think we should go after wally szcerbiak. he'll fill the hole we have at SG and can be a veteran presence as well. i dunno, what ya'll think?
I can't always tell sarcasm on the internet but I hope that you were kidding

roll.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

actually i was dead serious. i'd take him over players like jwill, grant hill, and tinsley anyday

actually i was dead serious. i'd take him over players like jwill, grant hill, and tinsley anyday
I wouldn't take him over Grant Hill. Grant wasn't bad at all. And JWill and Tinsley are point guards. I've never viewed Wally as aleader either.

no thanks on wally.
i never said duhon was bad, but i would def. take jwill over him. i think some of you guys just dislike him
laugh.gif

From the current thread title:

"LOL wut??"

Pass on White Chocolate and pass on Wally World. What the hell man? Stop bringing up these names
laugh.gif

roll.gif

You guys give Duhon too much %@*+. He's not a bad player, but he's better off the bench. He lit it up the first half of the season, but regressed the 2nd half. I'll still bet that 2nd half Duhon is better then JWill at any point.
realtalk. I dont like Duhon as a starter, but he is a VERY solid role player to back up the point. Just like he did in the Chi, i never thought weshoulda tried to make him a starter from the getgo, he is a very talented and smart role player though to have.

Alan Hahn reports on the latest information he is hearing about the Knicks' pursuit of Ramon Sessions as the team's next point guard.

"What I have been told is the Knicks want Sessions and they will eventually get him," Hahn writes. "The price remains TBD."

Hahn earlier reported that the Knicks were offering slightly less than the team's mid-level exception, which starts at around $5.8 million in the first season.

i dont know if this is news but...
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

The scout also had this to say about Nate Robinson which is why he isn't surprised the restricted free agent guard hasn't received a contractoffer.
"…If he (Nate) isn't the most disliked player in the league, he's certainly right up there. Every player I know can't stand him."

eek.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

The scout also had this to say about Nate Robinson which is why he isn't surprised the restricted free agent guard hasn't received a contract offer.
"…If he (Nate) isn't the most disliked player in the league, he's certainly right up there. Every player I know can't stand him."

eek.gif

I'm not surprised, I hate him and I haven't watched a full Knicks game in 3 years.
It's a little disturbing/odd that Lee and Nate haven't signed offer sheets. I could understand Lee's deal, but nobody really wants a 17 ppg scorerfor 3 mill?

If other teams don't want Nate then the better for us I guess.

Though it is odd that nobody offered him a contract yet.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The scout also had this to say about Nate Robinson which is why he isn't surprised the restricted free agent guard hasn't received a contract offer.

eek.gif
I'm not surprised, I hate him and I haven't watched a full Knicks game in 3 years.

eek.gif

laugh.gif
Wow, people disliking Nate?

I know I got tired of him after the whole KryptoNate campaign went to his head.

This offseason is pure bull-isht. I think Donnie shouldn't focus on spending frugally JUST to sign 2 players to max contracts next season. Hell, all hisefforts may be for naught with the dwindling cap on the horizon.

And to be honest, this "team" is still in shambles. Harrington is too much of a bipolar player to be our best scorer and Duhon can't do ithimself for the entire season. Just effing sign Sessions and get it done. I don't know. Perhaps the frustration is talking (or rather typing).

eek.gif

Nates still that little guy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://www.newsday.com/sp...-want-sessions-1.1349040

[h1]Williams in shape, but Knicks want Sessions[/h1]
August 4, 2009 By ALAN HAHN [email protected]

Jason Williams began his comeback to the NBA in the seclusion of the Knicks practice facility in Greenburgh Tuesday morning. Theveteran guard, who stepped away from the game last season for family reasons, worked out for the Knicks to show that his 33-year-old body is still up for therigors of the NBA grind. But both came away fairly certain they probably won't have a future together.

The Knicks, who are owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday, have until Thursday to negotiateexclusively with Williams, but likely will not make an offer. Williams is expected to begin talking to other teams at that point, with the Memphis Grizzlies among the teams interested. One person came away from Williams' workout Tuesdaysaying he "looked good" and that he was "in great shape."

But the focal point right now remains Bucks restricted free agent guard Ramon Sessions, who isseeking a full mid-level exception offer sheet (five years, $33.9 million) from the Knicks. DonnieWalsh, who, along with Mike D'Antoni is very interested in Sessions, doesn't think heshould throw that much money at the 23-year-old.

No other offers have been made to Sessions - only a qualifying offer from Milwaukee is on the table -so Walsh could be negotiating against himself.

It is believed the offer sheet needs only to be above about $3 million per season to avoid having it matched by the Bucks, who appear ready to move forwardwith first-round pick Brandon Jennings.

frown.gif

*Removes Avy*

Back
Top Bottom