Game of Thrones prequel series: House of the Dragon

I mean, GoT definitely had some soap opera elements to it in the later seasons.
Sam & Gilly.
Tyrion &... forgot her name.
Brother & sister knocking boots from the jump.
If you don't think GoT had at least kind of a soap opera element to it...
"You know nothing, Jon Snow."
the love triangle of tormund / brienne / jamie

GoT - Brienne Tormund.gif

I don’t read the books so correct me if I’m wrong.

With this being a prequel to everything we know in GOT, and wasn’t Viserys only the 2nd king? Seems like everything is still pretty diplomatic to a sense.

Compared to GOT setting where there has already been that in between HOTD to GOT turmoil. HOTD is giving us ALL the in between talking plotting stuff in between everything happening

I will agree that I would love to see more action. I remember season 1 of GOT I got bored fairly quickly and stopped watching. Then picked it back up like 3 years later

I did not expect the level of stupidity I kept hearing from Tyrion every time he came on screen in then late seasons

At least if I walked in and saw Cersei and Sansa I expected some dumb shh and just either left the room or asked for it to be changed.. but everytime I saw Tyrion I was like maybe this dude ain’t drinking enough to be smart anymore

Rat catcher doesn't seem like an in demand job, much less it seems to be low paying. Not the smartest thing for Aegon. Rats are going to take over the castle.

I kid you not. In the book, Otto brings hundreds of cats into the Red Keep as a substitute for human rat catchers.

So 200 years later Arya was chasing one of their descendants and Tommen had three of them as pets.

That revelation about Otto, of course, had me thinking....

Crazy cat lady.gif

I think that and basically silencing Varys hurt the most.

When you contrast the early seasons and the overall lore

It’s malpractice at the end

The travel is the obvious.. but things like Robert keeping track of daenerys or sending assassins, stuff like that.. or keeping track of Robert’s bastards

Cersei blows up the damn sept, does the thing that got the mad king got and that’s who they are going out of their way for.. trying use reason with.. I get her stupidity or Sansa’s, but it’s the people around them that’s dumb and gets dumber

HOTD definitely doesn’t give me the Soap Opera vibe. That VIBE is distinguishable from first scene and doesn’t need to be pointed out when you’re watching GUIDLING light or General Hospital.

This show just feels like a world getting built that isn’t quite as polished as GOT because it’s several CENTURIES PRIOR. They are running a near perfect story line with the WORLD of DRAGONS and their importance for that era in relation to becoming extinct. Nothing to bad mouth from my perspective.

Last edited:
Halfway through my season 2 journey on ep 6

Tyrion is stealing this show love every scene of his the way he sons Joffrey the way he’s been cleaning house on the counsel I swear every episode has had a scene with him sitting down with someone else starting a pleasant conversation ending with
IMG_3030.gif

Ain’t no way Stannis get a free kill on his brother using a demon shadow baby from that weird red witch lady and there’s no consequence to that ain’t no way

Arya got her own assassin 😂

I’m just anticipating rob snow being more and more involved in the kings landing stuff eventually that brother is starving laid up with that wildling rn. How she got her hair done and that complexion like that living out there?!

My guy Robb I know he supposed to marry someone else but that nurse lady…I get it she a medieval 9/10 I’d fold

IMG_1789.gif

Oh and Theon Greyjoy….

IMG_5993.gif

Last edited:
Chess pieces movin.

But a common *** woman knows how to get side by side with the queen. Rat catchers can get to royal babies, like, c'mon guys. The soldiers ain't worth a ****. :smh:

HBO really got someone domin extras on the show. :rofl: (prop I'm assuming)

Alicent knows she done ****ed up and just gon double down on that lie. The end of the Targareyn's right there.

Okay just two off Court families set tripping. At first I thought it was some younger version of somebody important warging on some one eyed raven ish….

Back
Top Bottom