GAME 5 EC SEMIS - CLE V BOS

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

28snbiu.jpg

roll.gif

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Originally Posted by Im Not You

They're demise was greatly exaggerated, apparently.

No, Cleveland are just frauds. Orlando will eviscerate them. 
Ya can think that. But the reality is , they went 7 games last year with Orlando in the Eastern Conference Finals, WITHOUT Garnett.

And Dwight looked extremely pedestrian playing againist Perkins. And he has historically played sub-par againist Perkins.

I hate the Celtics, but if the pull of this sereis win, people got to give them credit.
And??? so what if they played w/o KG we played without our starting point guard thru the playoffs and may I add do you know how difficult it is to win a game 7 on the road?? in boston at that. First time the celts held a 3-2 lead in a best of 7 and lose the series. The celts won a title the year before that, so I'm sure they are a no excuse team.
Lets keep it one hundred: Jameer Nelson is not a first ball hall of famer like Garnett. And Rafer Alson filled in pretty well for Nelson when he was injured, and the Magic really didn't miss much of a beat. Celtics had to replace Garnett with Big Baby Davis. Not even close to being the same situation.

Just calling it like I see it. Not discrediting the Magic or anything. Hell, of all the remaining teams I'll pulling for them, as they are the Florida team (I'm a Heat fan). Just stating that in my opinion, the Celtics still have a little bit of juice left as far as competing for it all. We shall see, though. 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by knightngale

when was the last time a kobe led team was blown out in the playoffs at home or during a crucial game while leading the BEST TEAM in the league and HOME COURT ADVANTAGE and was considered the best player and MVP of the league?  Also while looking like he didnt give a damn during the game?

yeah....
And this is the EXACT reason why EVERYONE hates the majority of Lebron fans.  You guys are the SAME ones that talk out your !$% and then it ends up biting you back. 

Before you other lebron fans come in here and say "don't put us all in the same category, etc"...Let's be real.  There are FAR more lebron fans like this guy that do this, than there are that don't.  It's no coincidence that EVERY kobe hater i know is a lebron fan. 

Anyway, I only got to see the first half but that was a pathetic performance and kobe looked CRAZY disinterested.  I still feel that this is HIS year and he'll pull out the W, but a crazy loss like this makes me almost feel like maybe he isn't destined to win.
see what i did there?

dude give it a rest. your hate for the lakers and kobe in particular is not gonna magically make all those banners hanging in the rafters dissapear. stop wasting ur time
laugh.gif

Yeah and you failed because that doesn't even apply.  Every Kobe hater ain't a Lebron fan.  EVERYONE hates your boy Kobe and his fans.  Wade fans, Bron fans, Pierce fans, the list goes on.  Truth hurts don't it?  
laugh.gif

Edit:  Oh I forgot, let me guess, Noblekane isn't a "kobe fan"...Sure gotcha...Just like how he was a Tmac fan because he has Tmac's shoes.
roll.gif
 Watch this kid front like he never said that.

maurice williams cuz he is no longer mo(he's undeserving of a nickname) makes every point guard look like the best in the league because last series i thought it was derrick rose and now i think its rajon rondo, point guards do whatever they wanna do against the cavs, lebron cant guard everybody because then the opposing teams wing player will take over, this series come down to lebron not being as offensively efficient as he has been in the past, maurice williams and his disappearing act, antwan jamison cant guard KG on the block because hes not tall and enough and antwan jumper is to inconsistent, and our entire bench is not even given the cavs half of what big baby and tony allen is giving the celtics game 4 tony had a impact off the bench and gave 5 big baby had an impact, once again just like last yr against the magic it seems as if the cavs are outmatch whether its coaching or personnel we dont seem to have enough................now with all that being said we can still win game 6 and 7 with the proper adjustment and the reappearance of the MVP lebron james and the retrieval of maurice williams basketball ability again... GO CAVS

Originally Posted by bijald0331

The few people with common sense/ rational thinking skills are refreshing. I am actually leaning towards the Cavs winning game 6 and setting up an epic game 7. If I had to pick, I'm going Cavs in 7. LeBron will not sleep tonight and I don't see him repeating this performance. Call me stupid. I don't care. I'm not a LeBron fan or anything. I can easily see this fueling him to an epic 2-game performance. Quote me and laugh if the Cavs lose. I just don't see it happening in these next two games. I'll take LeBron with a chip on his shoulder any day of the week.
I'm with you, except don't quote me if they lose, because I want the Cavs to lose. I think LeBron is going to come out eager to attack and focused. Probably end up with approximately 40 points. In the end, I expect the Cavs to take the Game 6 win and it will be very hard to vote against them in a Game 7. But, at the same time, I hope that the Celtics don't back down, let LeBron score his points, stop everyone else, let Rondo and PP go wild, and take the series ...

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by bijald0331

The few people with common sense/ rational thinking skills are refreshing. I am actually leaning towards the Cavs winning game 6 and setting up an epic game 7. If I had to pick, I'm going Cavs in 7. LeBron will not sleep tonight and I don't see him repeating this performance. Call me stupid. I don't care. I'm not a LeBron fan or anything. I can easily see this fueling him to an epic 2-game performance. Quote me and laugh if the Cavs lose. I just don't see it happening in these next two games. I'll take LeBron with a chip on his shoulder any day of the week.
I'm with you, except don't quote me if they lose, because I want the Cavs to lose. I think LeBron is going to come out eager to attack and focused. Probably end up with approximately 40 points. In the end, I expect the Cavs to take the Game 6 win and it will be very hard to vote against them in a Game 7. But, at the same time, I hope that the Celtics don't back down, let LeBron score his points, stop everyone else, let Rondo and PP go wild, and take the series ...

thats why you foul the crap out of him early if he starts playing good and put him on his *$# and disrupt his flow.

Ya can think that. But the reality is , they went 7 games last year with Orlando in the Eastern Conference Finals, WITHOUT Garnett.

And Dwight looked extremely pedestrian playing againist Perkins. And he has historically played sub-par againist Perkins.

I hate the Celtics, but if the pull of this sereis win, people got to give them credit.
And??? so what if they played w/o KG we played without our starting point guard thru the playoffs and may I add do you know how difficult it is to win a game 7 on the road?? in boston at that. First time the celts held a 3-2 lead in a best of 7 and lose the series. The celts won a title the year before that, so I'm sure they are a no excuse team.
We just finished playing a 7 3/4 round series guy, and so what if we didn't have KG? Y'all had Rafer who was ballin...we had Scalabrine
alien.gif

I can't wait for Perkins to expose Dwight (again) 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Let me ask some of you die-hard Cavs fans a question....what do you think of the atmosphere at the Q?  From the (lack of) noise level to the booing, the fans there seem to be really dull.  Maybe it's different in person...but even commentators have mentioned that there is no life in the building.  Last night, the Cavs were down by 5, and it was extremely quiet...even when the Cavs were winning in parts of the 1st and 2nd quarters, none of the fans were in it....From watching on TV, I don't see how anyone could get hyped playing there.  I know it's two different fan bases...but if you could replace the fans at the Q with what the Warriors had at Oracle a few years back, I think the players would feed off that energy a little more. 
i disagree...i was there also last night and it can get pretty loud in there at times.  last game they had that decibel reader up to 108 dB.  of course its not going to be 20,562 screaming fans for 48 minutes.  like lebron said in the postgame, the fans had a right to boo.  lebron isnt immune to booing.  what is cleveland supposed to do? we already rolled out the red carpet for him 7 years ago and molded the entire franchise from the top down and threw in that new practice facility also all just for lebron.  i dont take 93% of the posters in this forum seriously but for the few that think rationally, they know that what Dan Gilbert and Danny Ferry did for this team was the best they COULD do with what they had to work with.  We were never going to reincarnate the Dream Team here.  We got Shaq for nothin, Jamison for nothing.  Unloaded DJones, Donyell Marshall, Eric Snow, Larry Hughes.........if you ask anyone besides the avg NYK or LAL fan, they'd say the ownership surrounded lebron with his best supporting cast hes ever had this year.

the thing with the crowd is that while this was a huge game and a near must win, every game has that huge shadow of lebrons free agency hanging over it.  there was nervous energy in the building before the game even started.  trust me i got the newspapers and the tv and radio on.  its nothing but lebron talk.  theyre already saying lebron is gone, mike brown will fall on the sword and get fired, get phil jackson in here to save lebron, the franchise must start over again, lebron to NYC/CHI........thats all ive heard since i woke up...Mike n Mike on the radio, tony rizzo show, brian windhorst on espn and the radio, skip and the crew on first take.......its the headline for all the sports talk shows.  its like the end of the world/end of the cleveland cavs as we know it.

depressing day in this already gloomy city.  i took a pic of the empty stands last night because i was there til that final horn blew.  it was a scary sight because i said it before and ill say it again, thats what the arena will look like if lebron leaves.  empty.  ive been goin to games since i had to be locked into my car seat as a little kid on the ride to richfield and ill continue to go if lebron bolts.  hell, i already paid in full for next years tickets not knowing if bron will even be here.  i was in that club area with the catered food and all that for game 1 and looked thru the window across the lot and 1000 feet away was an empty progressive field while the indians were playing. its sad seeing these empty arenas here!

THAT being said, lets see what happens thursday
embarassed.gif

when was the last time a kobe led team was blown out in the playoffs at home or during a crucial game while leading the BEST TEAM in the league and HOME COURT ADVANTAGE and was considered the best player and MVP of the league?  Also while looking like he didnt give a damn during the game?

yeah....
And this is the EXACT reason why EVERYONE hates the majority of Lebron fans.  You guys are the SAME ones that talk out your !$% and then it ends up biting you back. 

Before you other lebron fans come in here and say "don't put us all in the same category, etc"...Let's be real.  There are FAR more lebron fans like this guy that do this, than there are that don't.  It's no coincidence that EVERY kobe hater i know is a lebron fan. 

Anyway, I only got to see the first half but that was a pathetic performance and kobe looked CRAZY disinterested.  I still feel that this is HIS year and he'll pull out the W, but a crazy loss like this makes me almost feel like maybe he isn't destined to win.
see what i did there?

dude give it a rest. your hate for the lakers and kobe in particular is not gonna magically make all those banners hanging in the rafters dissapear. stop wasting ur time
laugh.gif

Yeah and you failed because that doesn't even apply.  Every Kobe hater ain't a Lebron fan.  EVERYONE hates your boy Kobe and his fans.  Wade fans, Bron fans, Pierce fans, the list goes on.  Truth hurts don't it?  
laugh.gif

Edit:  Oh I forgot, let me guess, Noblekane isn't a "kobe fan"...Sure gotcha...Just like how he was a Tmac fan because he has Tmac's shoes.
roll.gif

Yup, a lot of hate when you're on top.

Nice post Belle. You are one of the few that went to cavs games with consistency back before LeBron, there weren't a lot of you! (somewhat understandable though).

Originally Posted by belle155

we already rolled out the red carpet for him 7 years ago and molded the entire franchise from the top down and threw in that new practice facility also all just for lebron.  i dont take 93% of the posters in this forum seriously but for the few that think rationally, they know that what Dan Gilbert and Danny Ferry did for this team was the best they COULD do with what they had to work with.  We were never going to reincarnate the Dream Team here.  We got Shaq for nothin, Jamison for nothing.  Unloaded DJones, Donyell Marshall, Eric Snow, Larry Hughes.........if you ask anyone besides the avg NYK or LAL fan, they'd say the ownership surrounded lebron with his best supporting cast hes ever had this year.
QFT X 10000

Thats why i think Clevland is the best place for him, he's got the WHOLE city in his back pocket.

Let me ask some of you die-hard Cavs fans a question....what do you think of the atmosphere at the Q?  From the (lack of) noise level to the booing, the fans there seem to be really dull.  Maybe it's different in person...but even commentators have mentioned that there is no life in the building.  Last night, the Cavs were down by 5, and it was extremely quiet...even when the Cavs were winning in parts of the 1st and 2nd quarters, none of the fans were in it....From watching on TV, I don't see how anyone could get hyped playing there.  I know it's two different fan bases...but if you could replace the fans at the Q with what the Warriors had at Oracle a few years back, I think the players would feed off that energy a little more. 
i disagree...i was there also last night and it can get pretty loud in there at times.  last game they had that decibel reader up to 108 dB.  of course its not going to be 20,562 screaming fans for 48 minutes.  like lebron said in the postgame, the fans had a right to boo.  lebron isnt immune to booing.  what is cleveland supposed to do? we already rolled out the red carpet for him 7 years ago and molded the entire franchise from the top down and threw in that new practice facility also all just for lebron.  i dont take 93% of the posters in this forum seriously but for the few that think rationally, they know that what Dan Gilbert and Danny Ferry did for this team was the best they COULD do with what they had to work with.  We were never going to reincarnate the Dream Team here.  We got Shaq for nothin, Jamison for nothing.  Unloaded DJones, Donyell Marshall, Eric Snow, Larry Hughes.........if you ask anyone besides the avg NYK or LAL fan, they'd say the ownership surrounded lebron with his best supporting cast hes ever had this year.

the thing with the crowd is that while this was a huge game and a near must win, every game has that huge shadow of lebrons free agency hanging over it.  there was nervous energy in the building before the game even started.  trust me i got the newspapers and the tv and radio on.  its nothing but lebron talk.  theyre already saying lebron is gone, mike brown will fall on the sword and get fired, get phil jackson in here to save lebron, the franchise must start over again, lebron to NYC/CHI........thats all ive heard since i woke up...Mike n Mike on the radio, tony rizzo show, brian windhorst on espn and the radio, skip and the crew on first take.......its the headline for all the sports talk shows.  its like the end of the world/end of the cleveland cavs as we know it.

depressing day in this already gloomy city.  i took a pic of the empty stands last night because i was there til that final horn blew.  it was a scary sight because i said it before and ill say it again, thats what the arena will look like if lebron leaves.  empty.  ive been goin to games since i had to be locked into my car seat as a little kid on the ride to richfield and ill continue to go if lebron bolts.  hell, i already paid in full for next years tickets not knowing if bron will even be here.  i was in that club area with the catered food and all that for game 1 and looked thru the window across the lot and 1000 feet away was an empty progressive field while the indians were playing. its sad seeing these empty arenas here!

embarassed.gif

i think you guys know the end is near & your just giving in....... but if leBron comes to my city it will be back to the bottom for you cavs.....just like when you had elho.......

Damn, belle
ohwell.gif
one of the most legit cavs fan if not the most in S&T telling nothing but the truth. It will truly be one of the saddest departures Of a superstar player ever in the NBA if they lose game 6. If they in fact lose it seems like lebron will use that as leverage against Cleveland. Since they booed him it will make it easier for him to leave.

All of last year and this year I said no way he doesn't resign but after yesterday I have to say I don't feel the same. Wouldn't be surprised at all now if he goes to NY. This can all change if he comes out with some sense of urgency and passion on Thursday. If he's playing that passive ball again. It's a wrap on his time wearing wine and gold.

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

yeah....

see what i did there?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Yup, a lot of hate when you're on top.
Fair enough.

Anyway, back to that pathetic display though.  Bron definitely lost a LOT of respect points.  Dude did NOT look like he even tried.  I only got to see the first half but that was THE worst game i've ever seen him apart of.  I'm still shocked he gave such a pathetic effort in this CRUCIAL game.  

but also on the tail end of my comment belle wrote the most non-biased cavs reply i think ive ever seen....
pimp.gif

I feel like they should keep the rotation they were doing in the regular season...Just mixing Shaq in there...Delonte plays great when he is in, and I'm sure Hickson will help...

Why the hell was Mo guarding Rondo for the start of the half?..Thats what killed them....

Ya'll boys are tripping
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I could see if this was a game 7 or deciding game but dang hahahhaa

embarassed.gif

I said this last night. Still love the Cavaliers. I was dissapointed that the game wasn't closer but I still don't believe the Cavs will lose this series. But yea Lebron is human and last night ANY ONE of the other 14 guys could have turned it up on both sides of the court and showed some support for their leader.

but with regards to the fans that were leaving
smh.gif
My brother was there and text me that people were leaving. Like I said fickle fans are just that, fickle. Its like they want to support and show up when we're winning and they're handing out Snuggies but when the team is down you %!$@ on em. I still don't get that.

the reason is because I've had nothing but great experiences at the Gund Q. When I'm there even when we lose the people have supported. I remember in the last home game of Lebron's rookie year, I'm pretty sure we won, but the fans stuck around and Lebron gave a speech and promised to take the team to the playoffs which he did.

I even recall in the Pre-Lebron days Iverson came and torched us once and people were still cheering the Cavs.

anyways I said all that to say this, If you TRULY believe that Cavaliers fans are the only fans to ever walk out when their team is losing your DEAD WRONG.

I was at a Knicks game this season and even though the Knicks WON dudes were still cussing at Harrington walking off the court because he missed free throws.
laugh.gif
grown +#* men with great seats.

My point is some fans can be vicious but if all people gauge from Cleveland fans is what you saw in one game then theres not much I can really say.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

We just finished playing a 7 3/4 round series guy, and so what if we didn't have KG? Y'all had Rafer who was ballin...we had Scalabrine
alien.gif

I can't wait for Perkins to expose Dwight (again) 
You celts fans can give any reason, explanation, or excuse you'd like. You guys can expose dwight all you'd like. As a true magic fan it hurts me to watch him play at times because one night he shows up then the next he's on the bench cause of foul trouble. All i'm stating is you guys have a hard time taking care of business when it matters. 7 game series back in 08 with the hawks, 7 game series with the bulls and 7 game series with the magic as well. A team as talented and as championship ready should not have to resort to having to duke it out with less than caliber teams. Im just happy that my team is the first EVER to knock off the celts when they had a 3-2 series lead and them getting pummeled in a game 7 at TD garden by the magic. Either way if you guys do happened to make it to the ECF this year, orlando will be more than happy to finish what they started last year with the celts being 100% healthy. 

embarassed.gif

Excellent post Belle. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

embarassed.gif

Excellent post Belle. 

Yeah....good isnight, Belle.  FWIW, I just saw on ESPN that Dan Patrick just said that if Lebron leaves, it would be like a nuclear bomb was dropped on the city.  His presence has a profound effect on the economy in the city.....this is going to be an insane next couple of months.  I can't ever recall a leagues best player (regardless of sport) in their prime actually contemplating leaving their homebase....if you really think about it, the whole scenario is mind-blowing....The only thing that I can compare it to (and it was via trade) was when Gretzky was moved from Edmonton to LA....

Back
Top Bottom