Game 4: Nuggets @ Mavs Vol. Delay The Inevitable...

just saw on espn they said there have only been two other playoff games in history where two players have scored atleast 40 points and 10 boards. jordan -barkely, and jerry west with someone else i forgot.. pretty cool tho
pimp.gif

and make no mistake, the series ends tomorrow in Denver.

Dallas fans, getcha nightcrawlers and tacklebox stocked.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Originally Posted by denverairforce

haha, good luck with that. and to the guy saying that it was a bad game for Denver, I completely disagree. you're giving the Mavs no credit. they are, believe it or not, a decent team. they have the ability to go off, as evidenced last night. Dirk could not be stopped, even with solid defense being played on him. the Mavs played like they wanted the win last night. however, the Nuggets played a good game too, and without one of their main bench guys and team defenders. and it was on the road. don't blow the Nuggets' success out of proportion, we are an NBA team like any other team and anybody can lose on any given night (see: Lakers Rockets game 4). I also have to give credit to Barea cuz that guy was cuttin' up the defense in the lane all night. they need to get a body in front of dude. he was going to the hole all night with ease. otherwise, defense was good, offense was good, Dallas' was just better last night. that's all there is to it.

It's a bad game because its a game they should have won and had numerous chances to win. Like I said when you have a chance to close a team out you wanna do it right there not to allow the possiblity of anything out of this world to happen. When I was saying bad game, I wasn't talking about how the team played because Denver played decent yesterday. I mean it's a bad game because it's a game they should have won but didn't

Had they got blown out it's easier to say F it forget about it and focus on the next game but when you blow chances in the game you tend to think about it more.
i'm not really in the mood to get into it, but I still disagree. people are expecting way too much out of Denver right now. the hype is outof control. we just got out of the first round for the first time in 15 years and people are acting dissapointed that we didn't sweep round 2? give me abreak... how many teams in this situation sweep? not many. it wasn't a bad game for Denver, it was just a game. and game 5 is next, and that's whatit is.

Denver's better off closing out at home in front of their fans anyway. can't wait.

Originally Posted by Executive76

The nerve of a Lakers fan talking about a BAD loss
eyes.gif
hey they got blown out what else is there to say but its easier to get over getting blown out then if they had the lead all game and battier hita game winner at the end of the game,

im giving your team constructive criticism i don't see what your getting upset for.

weather the series is over or not, i think it was great to see Dirk put the team on his back and deliver Dallas possibly a final win at home this season. DankeDirk.

haha, good luck with that. and to the guy saying that it was a bad game for Denver, I completely disagree. you're giving the Mavs no credit. they are, believe it or not, a decent team. they have the ability to go off, as evidenced last night. Dirk could not be stopped, even with solid defense being played on him. the Mavs played like they wanted the win last night. however, the Nuggets played a good game too, and without one of their main bench guys and team defenders. and it was on the road. don't blow the Nuggets' success out of proportion, we are an NBA team like any other team and anybody can lose on any given night (see: Lakers Rockets game 4). I also have to give credit to Barea cuz that guy was cuttin' up the defense in the lane all night. they need to get a body in front of dude. he was going to the hole all night with ease. otherwise, defense was good, offense was good, Dallas' was just better last night. that's all there is to it.

It's a bad game because its a game they should have won and had numerous chances to win. Like I said when you have a chance to close a team out you wanna do it right there not to allow the possiblity of anything out of this world to happen. When I was saying bad game, I wasn't talking about how the team played because Denver played decent yesterday. I mean it's a bad game because it's a game they should have won but didn't

Had they got blown out it's easier to say F it forget about it and focus on the next game but when you blow chances in the game you tend to think about it more.
i'm not really in the mood to get into it, but I still disagree. people are expecting way too much out of Denver right now. the hype is out of control. we just got out of the first round for the first time in 15 years and people are acting dissapointed that we didn't sweep round 2? give me a break... how many teams in this situation sweep? not many. it wasn't a bad game for Denver, it was just a game. and game 5 is next, and that's what it is.

Denver's better off closing out at home in front of their fans anyway. can't wait.

championship teams win closeout games, i'm just stating the obvious. i could care less if they win or lose im neither a fan or hater of denver so whatthey do doesn't concern me, i'm a fan of melo and billups but thats it.

regardless its ONE game. doesnt matter if you win a series 4-1, and you had ONE bad game. nobodys gonna focus on the ONE bad game vs. the Mavs when we'reknee deep in the Western Conference finals.

holla at me after its said and done.

Why would I be upset?

Your team lost in blowout without Yao or Tracy....and home loss without T Mac...you don't have any room to talk about bad losses

that is all no feelings involved

Originally Posted by maldonado

regardless its ONE game. doesnt matter if you win a series 4-1, and you had ONE bad game. nobodys gonna focus on the ONE bad game vs. the Mavs when we're knee deep in the Western Conference finals.

Realtalk...... Teams usually dont get swept in the playoffs, yes i know Cleveland swept their first 2 series, but they are in the east andeveryone is really just stepping stones for Cleveland to be in the finals but they won't sweep next round. Anyways, its one game that Denver played badlyyet they still had a chance to win it again at the end, and for Dallas to be in it Dirk had to go for 44 and Anderson didnt play. Klieza cost them the game andyou better believe he wont get minutes like that on Wednesday.

Its over on Wednesday mark it down, Denver by 15+. Bring on the Lakers or Rockets.

regardless its ONE game. doesnt matter if you win a series 4-1, and you had ONE bad game. nobodys gonna focus on the ONE bad game vs. the Mavs when we're knee deep in the Western Conference finals.

Noted.

You will be holla'd at when your team eats it.

i'm not really in the mood to get into it, but I still disagree. people are expecting way too much out of Denver right now. the hype is out of control. we just got out of the first round for the first time in 15 years and people are acting dissapointed that we didn't sweep round 2? give me a break... how many teams in this situation sweep? not many. it wasn't a bad game for Denver, it was just a game. and game 5 is next, and that's what it is.

championship teams win closeout games, i'm just stating the obvious. i could care less if they win or lose im neither a fan or hater of denver so what they do doesn't concern me, i'm a fan of melo and billups but thats it.
so the lakers aren't winning a championship, that's what you're saying... since they couldn't even get to a 3-0 record to have acloseout game and have lost 2 against a beat up houston team. but i'm not saying anything bad, I'm just giving you some constructive criticism. theLakers need to sweep their series if they are true contenders for the championship. you know, i am neither a fan or a hater of the lakers, I don't care ifthey win or lose, just stating the obvious.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Noted.

You will be holla'd at when your team eats the Lakers.
holllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllla

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Realtalk...... Teams usually dont get swept in the playoffs, yes i know Cleveland swept their first 2 series, but they are in the east and everyone is really just stepping stones for Cleveland to be in the finals but they won't sweep next round. Anyways, its one game that Denver played badly yet they still had a chance to win it again at the end, and for Dallas to be in it Dirk had to go for 44 and Anderson didnt play. Klieza cost them the game and you better believe he wont get minutes like that on Wednesday.

Its over on Wednesday mark it down, Denver by 15+. Bring on the Lakers or Rockets.
game 3 was actually a far worse game by the Nuggets than game 4, but Dallas played 10x better in game 4 than in game 3. also, the only reason LKgot minutes was because of Bird being out and Karl running the small rotation more often. as long as Bird is healthy on Wednesday, LK will be collecting a lotmore splinters.

championship teams win closeout games, i'm just stating the obvious. i could care less if they win or lose im neither a fan or hater of denver so what they do doesn't concern me, i'm a fan of melo and billups but thats it.
so the lakers aren't winning a championship, that's what you're saying... since they couldn't even get to a 3-0 record to have a closeout game and have lost 2 against a beat up houston team. but i'm not saying anything bad, I'm just giving you some constructive criticism. the Lakers need to sweep their series if they are true contenders for the championship. you know, i am neither a fan or a hater of the lakers, I don't care if they win or lose, just stating the obvious.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

the way the lakers have been playing as of lately no they won't win a championship if they keep this careless mentality up and lack of consistency

but i do know the lakers have won all their closeout games they've played in the past 2 seasons, so they know how to close series out. but were nottalking about my team, although you decided to bring them up.

going back and forth with you is like talking to a wall so its pointless to even respond back to saracastic remarks

so ill leave it like this if something out of the ordinary bad happens in tomorrows game either dallas wins and extends the series, or someone ofimportance on denver gets hurt tomorrow, i'm assuming you wouldn't be thinking about that game 4 they had in the bag yet couldn't finish.

bottom line is your supposed win close out games and anyone who disagrees obviously isn't a fan of a team who has won something of importance before.

you're still acting like the Nuggets lost the game on purpose or something. you don't seem to comprehend the fundamental spirit of competition inprofessional basketball. I'll leave it at that. say whatever the heck you want, I'm done. I'm an idiot, I don't know what I'm talkingabout, my team's gonna get hurt, whatever. I'm over it. go back to your lakers thread and worry about them, since they are 2-2 and the Nuggets are 3-1.

Originally Posted by Executive76

Your team lost in blowout without Yao or Tracy....and home loss without T Mac...you don't have any room to talk about bad losses
Co-sign.

As a Laker fan, I really don't think we can talk especially after our play in Game 4.
smh.gif

you're still acting like the Nuggets lost the game on purpose or something. you don't seem to comprehend the fundamental spirit of competition in professional basketball. I'll leave it at that. say whatever the heck you want, I'm done. I'm an idiot, I don't know what I'm talking about, my team's gonna get hurt, whatever. I'm over it. go back to your lakers thread and worry about them, since they are 2-2 and the Nuggets are 3-1.

when did i say they lost the game on purpose? can you find that for me please. when did i say your teams going to get hurt? i'm just throwing a what ifscenario out there.

all i know is if my team had a chance to end the series i would be mad if they lost by 2 points or by 20 points a loss is a loss either way.

that being said its going to be fun going back and forth with you when/if the lakers play denver in the wcf.

nerd.gif
i don't know if it's been discussed, but do you guys think Melocould possibly be suspended for Game 5... he DID swing at Antoine Wright's head:

71406421.jpg

melopuncheswright2.jpg

i think it's a sad state of affairs that we even have to discuss this. but with the way this postseason is going and what the league is turning into, doyou guys think Melo will be suspended? if they call it by the rules, technically Carmelo made intentional contact above an opposing player's shoulders..
nerd.gif
grin.gif

He won't be suspended... He did make contact, but they won't suspend him...

And frankly, I'd think it was ridiculous if they did...

bottom line is your supposed win close out games and anyone who disagrees obviously isn't a fan of a team who has won something of importance before.
I know what you're saying sounds good and probably feels good to say, but how can you believe it to be true?

Do me a favor and complete these sentences for me so that I may understand your point:

The Celtics didn't win their first close out game in the first round of the 2008 playoffs, therefore______________________________________ .

The Celtics didn't win their first close out game in the 2008 Finals, therefore ________________________________ .

The Lakers have won all of their close out games of the last 2 years yet they have no championship during this period,therefore ________________________ .

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I know what you're saying sounds good and probably feels good to say, but how can you believe it to be true?

Do me a favor and complete these sentences for me so that I may understand your point:

The Celtics didn't win their first close out game in the first round of the 2008 playoffs, therefore ______________________________________ .

The Celtics didn't win their first close out game in the 2008 Finals, therefore ________________________________ .

The Lakers have won all of their close out games of the last 2 years yet they have no championship during this period, therefore ________________________ .

therefore the celtics are the rare minority and props to them for that.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

the league wont even look at it
Mark Cuban sent the tape in to the league for review.

you know Stern pays attention every time he complains.

Back
Top Bottom