FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

I figured a lot of people didn't start following Bino until Atlanta, but Royalty was dope and Because the Internet is a classic. His earlier music prior to that was so-so to me. I liked the heartbeat track.

That video really got people going overboard. He got a great TV show but calm down. Saw somebody compare him to Jamie Foxx... hell no.
I can see that comparison though. Jamie is a far better actor and comedian but I'll take CG's writing and music over Jamie's far smaller library.

The way Clark was talking, I don't think that manager took that **** willingly at all, Clark was basically like fukk that nikka.

I feel like they were hammering home the survival point. Clark had to survive.

But then again Clark did call him over. Either way I don't think the manager was on some Clark I got you type **** at all. Clark probably threatened dudes family or some ****.

Speaking of Gambino's music, this is one of the first Gambino tracks I really messed with:

And the fact that he was doing stuff like this showed how much of a risk taker he was with his music:

In following his progression with (music over all career), I've got nothing but respect this dude

I was wondering if Clark County knew the gun came from them. Because he was just talking to Al and Ern like it didn't even matter. He probably figured it was Al's, and made his manager take the hit since he knew he was trying to get him.

I just knew Ern was done, because he wasn't prepared for the business lawyer meeting and then had to bring this daughter. Especially when he talked about leveling up and wanting someone jewish.

-Season starts with a rift between Darius and Al. Season finale stats with a rift between Earn and Al.
-Darius' walking out the house with his arms up like he did to "Opt Out".
-Earn has to pay $375 for not throwing a half a joint. Darius has to pay $350 for procrastinating on his passport.
-Darius tries to explain robbin' season to Earn as he kinda shrugs it off. Al explains robbin season at the end and Earn finally gets it.
-Earn puts the gold gun in the same bag in both episodes.
-Earn takes Katt William's picture and it ends up being his screen saver when Van texts.
-The season connected everyone in the picture after FUBU
-Katt's convo with Earn is directly related to Al not firing Earn. "Family IS business."
-Ends with Earn homeless cause of Tracy. Finale ends with Tracy homeless because of Earn scheduling the move same day they left.

I also forgot the movers. That was another **** up by Ern. Where did he get them from? Craigs List? They took a lunch break and brought their kids :lol:

Atlanta Season 3 Has "Some Scripts Written" and Could Shoot in 2019
Zazie Beetz reveals Donald Glover has been pitching her ideas.
landscape-1480944259-atlanta-donald-glover.jpg

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/news/a856919/atlanta-season-3-scripts-written-filming-2019/

Zazie Beetz has a promising update on when fans can expect the third season of her Emmy-winning comedy-drama Atlanta.

Donald Glover's exploration of the Atlanta music scene just wrapped up its second run on Thursday night (May 10), and there's been no official renewal for a third season yet from US network FX.

However, his co-star Beetz told Digital Spy in an interview for her new film Deadpool 2 that Glover has already started pitching her ideas for what could come next on Atlanta.

gallery-1489131269-zazie-beats-in-atlanta.jpg

"There totally has been [talk]," she confirmed. "I don't think we've gotten greenlit for it yet, but we talk about it amongst ourselves a lot.

"I'm pretty sure they have some scripts written, and there are also some ideas in a certain direction they want to go. I know Donald has asked me what I think about this or that.

"I think they want to start shooting in January. But, as far as I know, we haven't been greenlit yet. So who knows?"

The cast of the FX series have become increasingly busy over the last year. Glover is currently doing promotion for Solo: A Star Wars Story and will also voice Simba in Disney's remake of The Lion King.

gallery-1526048390-zazie-beetz-domino-deadpool-2.jpg

Meanwhile, Zazie Beetz joins the X-Men cinematic universe as Domino in Deadpool 2,and may reprise that role opposite Ryan Reynolds and Josh Brolin in an X-Force spin-off.

Guns found at TSA checkpoints could mean fine, jail time for travelers

Starting June 1, anyone who forgets they have a gun in their carry-on luggage will be looking at up to a year in jail and a $100,000 fine if the firearm is caught at the security check point at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

Until Georgia law was changed two years ago, “we didn’t really have any issues here,” Britt Johnson, who is head of the Atlanta FBI office, said of the “Guns Everywhere Law” that expanded the list of places guns were allowed. The law said gun owners with a permit could take guns discovered in their carry-on luggage back to their cars or give them to someone for safe keeping, and they would not face criminal charges.
The punishment for those people charged with a federal misdemeanor when a TSA agent finds a gun in their carry-on luggage is up to a year in jail and a $100,000 fine. People without gun carry permits will continue to be charged with a felonies under state law.
Ain't no escaping that in a airport, especially a White manager with "connections.":yeshrug:

So is the consensus that Clark did his manager dirty or that his manager took the fall willingly?
He may not have do it willingly but he likely took that fall because he knew he could get out of it & that Clark was the money maker. Happens all the time.

LA Reid Convinced Shakir Stewart To Take Jeezy's Gun charge

I think on the surface, the manager taking the charge is what the manager is for. It's his role

On a deeper level it's a call back to the convo about blacks not being able to afford to fail. Like someone else said, the manager has white privilege on his side and would probably be able to eat the charge easier than Clark County

i think its that the manager's position and skin lend itself to the "business" aspect of entertainment (like what the jew was saying about "systemic reasons")

whereas as clark county is a commodity and one of any number of artists who are "privileged" to be in their position

I was wondering if Clark County knew the gun came from them. Because he was just talking to Al and Ern like it didn't even matter. He probably figured it was Al's, and made his manager take the hit since he knew he was trying to get him.

I just knew Ern was done, because he wasn't prepared for the business lawyer meeting and then had to bring this daughter. Especially when he talked about leveling up and wanting someone jewish.

Oh he knows. Who else would have had access to put a gun in his bag? That's why on the plane he said "Wish it were mine"

The parallels between Alligator Man and Crabs in a Barrel.
ohhh (1).png mindblown.png banderas.png
A few things...
-Season starts with a rift between Darius and Al. Season finale stats with a rift between Earn and Al.
-Earn has to pay $375 for not throwing a half a joint. Darius has to pay $350 for procrastinating on his passport.
-Darius tries to explain robbin' season to Earn as he kinda shrugs it off. Al explains robbin season at the end and Earn finally gets it.
-Earn takes Katt William's picture and it ends up being his screen saver when Van texts.
-Katt's convo with Earn is directly related to Al not firing Earn. "Family IS business."
-Ends with Earn homeless cause of Tracy. Finale ends with Tracy homeless because of Earn scheduling the move same day they left.

The parallels between Alligator Man and Crabs in a Barrel.
ohhh (1).png mindblown.png banderas.png
A few things...

:wow:
Phenomenal season. One of the best of a television series ever.

Childish Gambino’s ‘This Is America’ Has Been Colonized
h0crywlxutyyz8aov0qq.png

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/childish-gambinos-this-is-america-has-been-colonized-1825992478

It was only a matter of time before someone co-opted Childish Gambino’s “This Is America” video, but who knew it would be so horrible? YouTube comedienne Nicole Arbour, who got dragged a couple of years ago for a fat-shaming video, decided to put a “feminist” twist on Donald Glover’s latest.

Arbour’s “This Is America: Women’s Edit” is of course filmed in a warehouse, and talks about equal pay and *******. As one commenter noted:

“This is America was special because of its subtlety, and how much thought was put into each part. This video removes all of that to just be a loud declarative statement about something that has little to do with the original, yet somehow they decided the same backdrop that represents a prison, and tried to replicate the South African cultural dance moves that were used for a video about women’s rights.”

And if I’m not mistaken, as the video shows a black woman being hauled off by what I’m assuming are police officers, does she really say, “We just want to smile, get a mammy home”?

But hey ... girl power! Amirite?!

Back
Top Bottom