Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

What a ridiculous release. I don't know about the States but here in Europe it seemed like the released only some dozens of pairs. No chance... Anyway I thought the black fragment logo would have looked much better than what they actually released.
you must be joking .. so many peep in state carted in UK.. not sure if they all checked out their pair but it was way too easy in UK

I told yall not too long ago people would buy pairs at 1k and got clowned for it.

Anyway I will just have to dry my eyes with 3 pairs of Chicagos. So I can buy this at resale.
This would not give anyone a chance. Resellers could code around captcha. They will just as easily bypass this and cop 10 pairs before anyone can cop 1

Thats what that captcha thing was for, but bots figured out a way around it. As long as the answer to the puzzle is pre-determined hackers will find a way to get around it.
Yes 'some' Hackers/coders can code around things like adverts and captches but it depends on the algorithm, encryption key strengths, chains, implementation blah blah etc. etc.

For example you cant bypass a verification algorithm that ask's you to enter your password to authenticate card purchases, its mandatory before they can take payment, or the algorithm they use when you 'have' to log in your second set of passwords to proceed to your online bank account. 
For these types of secure algorithms no weakness has been found, this is NASA/NSA type level stuff. 
Its all about the 'algorithm' they need to put in place, to enforce something like this.
As long as they do something to slow down bots from from instantly carting items, that's enough for a human chance. 

Not something laughable like Nike did before, were you select said item, THEN do a verification picture test... o_O
That's just idiotic since the whole point of a bot is to cart items first, not to mention the obsolete encryption used on their picture verification process that makes it easy to bypass.

Last edited:
[/quote]the one i
you must be joking .. so many peep in state carted in UK.. not sure if they all checked out their pair but it was way too easy in UK

Its almost always easier for U.S. people with bots to get a uk release, outside of a few people and a few EU ATCs most EU people are still #teammanual. until this release I have copped all of my releases fully manual. I have had a few friends even use bots to cart pairs and send them to me backup UK addresses with ease, hell sometimes even getting a pair incart before me.

Last edited:
Yes 'some' Hackers/coders can code around things like adverts and captches but it depends on the algorithm, encryption key strengths, chains, implementation blah blah etc. etc.

For example you cant bypass a verification algorithm that ask's you to enter your password to authenticate card purchases, its mandatory before they can take payment, or the algorithm they use when you 'have' to log in your second set of passwords to proceed to your online bank account. 

For these types of secure algorithms no weakness has been found, this is NASA/NSA type level stuff. 

Its all about the 'algorithm' they need to put in place, to enforce something like this.

As long as they do something to slow down bots from from instantly carting items, that's enough for a human chance. 

Not something laughable like Nike did before, were you select said item, THEN do a verification picture test... o_O

That's just idiotic since the whole point of a bot is to cart items first, not to mention the obsolete encryption used on their picture verification process that makes it easy to bypass.

If they implemented some type of captcha on random drops "let's say a limited one like these" i don't see how an atc could possibly work. They're not going to code around something they don't know is there. Unless the item is already carted before the captcha process and completing captcha just allows you to check out.
Rsvpers tweeted out that all their proxies were blocked. Clearly that works. Maybe a little more action like that from Nike and more people would have a chance.
Also, why don't you see many atc's for other sites? They're always for Nike. I've seen atc's attempt Fieg releases from Kith and they always fail.

Also, why don't you see many atc's for other sites? They're always for Nike. I've seen atc's attempt Fieg releases from Kith and they always fail.
That's because Nike is easy prey.

They just need to put something in place that needs human interaction, before you can run of to place your size in cart.

Man I just don't get how people can pay that much for a NIKE.  Id rather put a fly pair of Gucci, LV, Balenciaga etc. at that cost.

At the end of the day people need to understand something limited is always going to be more appealing than high end no matter the quality. People like to wear stuff not many people have, anybody can cop a Gucci, LV, Balenciaga, etc you just can't cop these. LOL Prices are reaching 1K. :smh:

Last edited:
The "remastered" quality/mold plus the addition of royal blue is enough to make people go crazy. Then the "limited" tag adds a who different level of hype
Yea believe the OG HIGH black/white 1s had that remastered quality/mold as well. I mean it is a good looking shoe. But i don't understand people paying these crazy resell prices. No way I'd pay as much for these as some Bred or Royal 1s. Thinking that the majority of people who were able to cop for retail were strictly for selling purposes.

Last edited:
The "remastered" quality/mold plus the addition of royal blue is enough to make people go crazy. Then the "limited" tag adds a who different level of hype
I heard that this fragment release has the same material quality as the OG one.. 

Yea believe the OG HIGH black/white 1s had that remastered quality/mold as well. I mean it is a good looking shoe. But i don't understand people paying these crazy resell prices. No way I'd pay as much for these as some Bred or Royal 1s. Thinking that the majority of people who were able to cop for retail were strictly for selling purposes.
Starting to feel like I'm the only one

oh well :/
tumblr_nha58xOkKC1rt3o0ro1_1280.jpg
Post of the year

At the end of the day people need to understand something limited is always going to be more appealing than high end no matter the quality. People like to wear stuff not many people have, anybody can cop a Gucci, LV, Balenciaga, etc you just can't cop these. LOL Prices are reaching 1K. :smh:

I can only speak for myself but if I happen to get a pair of these that will be the most expensive shoe purchase ever. The only shoes I paid over retail where my royals 400 right after release and 88 3s 325 right after release. However I spend 500 on lv belts and even more on earrings, I could buy louboutins or balinciega but would rather snatch those heels for the wifey.. It's a retro thing plus I'm only 22.. And the few Jordan's I have paid over retail are already worth double. So let us spend our disposable income how we like

Just increased my bid to 750 I'll shell out that much for these.. Call it what u want blah my money I spend it how I like. I have seriously spent this much at a club before (parking, paying for random chicks to get in, bottles etc) my money is better spent on these. If you could help a brotha out on a 10.5 please and thanks
Straight balling son. I would never pay for no broad to get into no club. We don't love these ****! If you want these kicks and have the cash go for it. It's YOUR hard earned money. No one should tell you what to do with it.

Didnt the NYC 1's initially go for more, or as much, as fragments right after release?

Last edited:
The egos in this thread is CRAY. Before the people where saying "These shoes are a must have", "The leather is so buttery", and "I'm going to pull out all the tricks for this release". However, after people miss out, the view changes to "I'm gald I struck out", "If these shoes where a GR, they wouldn't sell out", "Only resellers copped the shoe", and "I don't see the hype in these." 

It just sounds like the guy that was reject by the finest girl in high school, and says "She ain't even cute anyway." 

I myself wanted these shoes from Day One, and my view didn't change, not once. Thank God I was able to cop, however if I struck out, I would have been disappointed and upset, but never trashed the shoe. You can't build the hype, and blame the hype at the same time. We can't win every release, and it just seems like some can't take a lose, with bringing something down.

To the NTers that are paying resell prices for these shoes, I applaud you. I know everyone, like myself, can't afford resell prices, however, the ones of you than can are will do this, only shows that you truly want this shoe to rock, so ignore the shade of others about prices, buy what you like.

Didnt the NYC 1's initially go for more, or as much, as fragments right after release?
they fell only because of two huge restocks.
That's just part of the game now, pay the initial high resell right away or cross your fingers for a restock. Which even if you miss out on that will probably lower the resell value of the entire stock as a whole. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom