Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
I just finished watching the first X-Men film for the first time in ages. Some thoughts...

This film is surprisingly short. X-Men just clocks in at 1:35 before the credits roll.

The first 20 minutes are so great. Wolverine's introduction is still great after all these years. Even Rogue's intro and the Senate hearing were good.

Unfortunately, the rest of the film doesn't have that same energy. It looks and feels like a rejected 2000 Fox TV pilot with terrible visual effects, even by 2000 standards.

I still hate the metallic/dark Matrix aesthetic of the film. It dates the film badly.

The action scenes are weak as **** and the final act is just ridiculous. It really makes Magneto look dumber than he is.

It's kinda obvious that Rogue was going to be the main character in the franchise until Wolverine got over as **** and became the face of what eventually became the Singerverse.

But still, X-Men did kickstart the modern era of comic book/superhero films that continues on today, so it will always have that going for itself.

When I first saw X-Men back in 2000, I thought it was average then and in 2018, it's still pretty average.

On to X2.

Yeah, with Hardy doing Venom...I really don't see him jumping on as Wolverine.

IMO, Marvel may go the route of selecting a newer actor.

I made some gifs from the first X-Men.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I enjoyed DOFP because we finally saw Ice-Man use his powers the way we've been wanting him to use them. Old Wolverine was cool and their uniforms in the future was good to see.

Still wish they had Logan wear his mask in the future. But that never happened.

People really mess with DoFP like that? I thought that one was OD boring.

Come to think of it, there aren't really any X-Men flicks that I love. 1st Class was cool, and Logan was good too (but pretty overrated), but the rest were all meh.

To me, it's the best one singer did.. still don't think it was that great thou or at least not what some claim it is

But I really didn't care for x1 or x2 aside from couple scenes.. the opening sequence with nightcrawler was the goods and both quicksilver scenes

Finished watching X2. This was only my second time watching the film.

It was definitely better than the first one overall, but I felt that it ran for too long and the storyline was weaksauce.

Hugh Jackman and Ian McKellen were great in their roles. Hugh really held the glue in this one.

Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler was good. Rebecca Romijn was shockingly good as Mystique.

Cyclops gets wasted...again.

I'm sure X2 was considered by many to be a top-tier comic book film when it was released in 2003, but 15 years later, it's kinda forgettable.

Onto X-Men: The Last Stand, which I haven't seen in over a decade, but I know it's gonna be trash.

Side note, I'm now older than Hugh Jackman was when he started on the first X-Men. :wow:

In before lock gif^^
That Storm toad line delivery :sick:
Nightcrawler in the White House in X2 :pimp:
X3 was all kinds of convoluted.
First Class was cool.
I liked DoFP because it caught me off guard the way they got killed in the monastery. That **** was violent.
Also :pimp:

The post credit scene had me hyped for Apocalypse and my god that movie was basura. Just basura. The Wolverine movies are pretty forgettable except Logan. I do agree that the final act of the movie didn't match up to the previous ones.

I still like the idea of this never releasing in theaters but on the Disney streaming service :lol:

its by faaar da best X-men movie and its not even close.

Nope

Deadpool 1 > deadpool 2 > first class > Logan (should have been 1, but last 15-20 mins til the almost end knocked it down, the last bit was good) > THEN DOFP

Back
Top Bottom