For those who have broken a bone, whats the worst one to break?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

The femur is the worse bone to break. Whether it's compound or a hairline fracture.

I've never broken a bone, but this is what I came in here to say.

The femur is the worse bone to break. Whether it's compound or a hairline fracture.

Yup, because it's the biggest, thickest bone. Tearing ligament hurts like a mutha though 

Yup, because it's the biggest, thickest bone. Tearing ligament hurts like a mutha though 

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

broke my collarbone twice, for some reason it hurt a lot more the second time.

I also broke my arm when I was real young and even that wasn't as bad as the collarbone. I swear, when I was young I could take anything and just carry on with my day, now...not so much.

worst pain I have ever felt though was when I bruised the muscles next to my spine. Still can feel the spot, and it is def still a problem area for me as far as back pain goes.

the same, lower back on the left side...not to far up from the tailbone..if i lift something heavy the $@#@ start's to cramp up something serious, to the point i'd have to start limping.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

broke my collarbone twice, for some reason it hurt a lot more the second time.

I also broke my arm when I was real young and even that wasn't as bad as the collarbone. I swear, when I was young I could take anything and just carry on with my day, now...not so much.

worst pain I have ever felt though was when I bruised the muscles next to my spine. Still can feel the spot, and it is def still a problem area for me as far as back pain goes.

the same, lower back on the left side...not to far up from the tailbone..if i lift something heavy the $@#@ start's to cramp up something serious, to the point i'd have to start limping.

The spine lol.

But I had a hairline fracture of my tibia I think. YEARS ago. Hurt like crazy too.

The spine lol.

But I had a hairline fracture of my tibia I think. YEARS ago. Hurt like crazy too.

^Yeah, actually now that I think it over I want to say the spine. The femur will definitely hurt more but some serious damage to the spine results in long lasting emotional pain as well.

^Yeah, actually now that I think it over I want to say the spine. The femur will definitely hurt more but some serious damage to the spine results in long lasting emotional pain as well.

Aside from my knuckles/metacarpals during high school from a football injury, I've never had any broken bones. And I've been in quite a few accidents.

My patella in my right knee is chipped, never got it fixed. I guess that counts too.

Aside from my knuckles/metacarpals during high school from a football injury, I've never had any broken bones. And I've been in quite a few accidents.

My patella in my right knee is chipped, never got it fixed. I guess that counts too.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Never.
I'm scared to break my nose though
broke mine twice. both times hooping. the first one caught a elbow and i didnt think i would ever stop bleeding. I was bleeding out my nostrils and a gash on the bridge. I had to get surgery to straighten it back. The second time caught the back of someone hand under the hoop. Wasnt anywhere near as bad as the first.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Never.
I'm scared to break my nose though
broke mine twice. both times hooping. the first one caught a elbow and i didnt think i would ever stop bleeding. I was bleeding out my nostrils and a gash on the bridge. I had to get surgery to straighten it back. The second time caught the back of someone hand under the hoop. Wasnt anywhere near as bad as the first.

I had a compound fracture on my finger, during my Junior year in HS. Freaked me the %^&* out, seeing my phalanx poking out of the skin.

I had a compound fracture on my finger, during my Junior year in HS. Freaked me the %^&* out, seeing my phalanx poking out of the skin.

Never broken a bone ever, but from what I'm hearing here, I hope it stays that way.
sick.gif

Never broken a bone ever, but from what I'm hearing here, I hope it stays that way.
sick.gif

i cracked my skull when i was 5, riding a bike w/o a helmet FTL. I dont remember much but apparently the post concussion syndrome symptoms were worse than the small crack in my skull, according to my fam.

i cracked my skull when i was 5, riding a bike w/o a helmet FTL. I dont remember much but apparently the post concussion syndrome symptoms were worse than the small crack in my skull, according to my fam.

The femur is no joke. You break that, odds are you're in a body cast for awhile.

The femur is no joke. You break that, odds are you're in a body cast for awhile.

Broke my hand in two places during a rec league game. I got undercut going to the hoop, was turned upside down, and landed on the top of my hand. My hand swelled to mickey mouse glove status by the next day. It was pretty painful but it didn't hurt like I thought a break would so I waited on seeing the doctor 'til the next week 'cuz we had playoffs
laugh.gif

When I told the doc he was like, "YOU PLAYED ON THIS?!
eek.gif
alien.gif
30t6p3b.gif
"

Was in a cast for a month...

Broke my hand in two places during a rec league game. I got undercut going to the hoop, was turned upside down, and landed on the top of my hand. My hand swelled to mickey mouse glove status by the next day. It was pretty painful but it didn't hurt like I thought a break would so I waited on seeing the doctor 'til the next week 'cuz we had playoffs
laugh.gif

When I told the doc he was like, "YOU PLAYED ON THIS?!
eek.gif
alien.gif
30t6p3b.gif
"

Was in a cast for a month...

Back
Top Bottom