For my 15000th post, I post pics of my favorite city: Tokyo

Any Akihabara pics Finnns?? All the people that have been there have always told me that I'd spend all of my time in Japan there if I ever went. I wantto go to Japan pretty badly.

Edit: How expensive is Tokyo really?? Examples of things you had to pay for that were outrageous?

Finnns, dope.

I just visited one of my favorite cities, Hong Kong, and took some pictures as you have, not gonna thread-jack though
laugh.gif
Oh nice! Make a new thread dude. I'm interested to see.

Pics of the city/buildings at night???
nerd.gif

K, coming up.

Any Akihabara pics Finnns?? All the people that have been there have always told me that I'd spend all of my time in Japan there if I ever went. I want to go to Japan pretty badly.

Edit: How expensive is Tokyo really?? Examples of things you had to pay for that were outrageous?

Sure, got some Akihabara pics I'll post. I loved it, so many electronics shops. And a lot of tax-free shops, if you bring your passport along.
happy.gif

Expensive, as in... expensive.
laugh.gif
One place, I had American breakfast, and the orange juice was $15 a glass. So ended up paying about $60 just for the OJthat morning. Fresh squeezed though.
laugh.gif
But other examples... A burger and fries at Trader Vic's was like $30, and then they charge you for everybeverage (Coke for instance) so for two people that's $100 easy. Food definitely isn't cheap unless you know where to go. Clothes, definitelyexpensive. Taxis aren't cheap, definitely prefer walking or train.

K, first, city/buildings at night:

14vidk8.jpg

2nk4236.jpg

a9sabd.jpg

Kinda blurry from my hotel room window.
znsz69.jpg

Same with this one.
2q2quyr.jpg

2z3qmb5.jpg

2i231w5.jpg

s5d62u.jpg

2i0fa76.jpg

Originally Posted by blaxoid

What were your language skills like, did you have any problems?
Nah, I was fine. I've been learning Japanese since I was around 12 or 13, but a lot of English-speaking folks in Tokyo.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

More please!

What kinda camera are you using? The quality is unbelievable
laugh.gif
alright, gotta look through the album again. hundreds of pics to choose from.

and thanks, the camera is a Canon EOS 40D.
moar pics! where's all the unique stuff? how easy is it to communicate if you don't speak japanese? is it expensive?
got it, i'll post more. lot of people know english in tokyo so you'd be alright, it helps that i know some japanese though. not everything is printed in english.

expensive? hell yeah. it is possible to enjoy yourself on a budget but i wouldn't count on it.

Yo finnns I thought you were pera pera?

Finnns, dope.

I just visited one of my favorite cities, Hong Kong, and took some pictures as you have, not gonna thread-jack though
laugh.gif
Oh nice! Make a new thread dude. I'm interested to see.

Pics of the city/buildings at night???
nerd.gif

K, coming up.

Any Akihabara pics Finnns?? All the people that have been there have always told me that I'd spend all of my time in Japan there if I ever went. I want to go to Japan pretty badly.

Sure, got some Akihabara pics I'll post. I loved it, so many electronics shops. And a lot of tax-free shops, if you bring your passport along.
happy.gif

Expensive, as in... expensive.
laugh.gif
One place, I had American breakfast, and the orange juice was $15 a glass. So ended up paying about $60 just for the OJ that morning. Fresh squeezed though.
laugh.gif
But other examples... A burger and fries at Trader Vic's was like $30, and then they charge you for every beverage (Coke for instance) so for two people that's $100 easy. Food definitely isn't cheap unless you know where to go. Clothes, definitely expensive. Taxis aren't cheap, definitely prefer walking or train.

Went on a date in Tokyo and my dinner bill was like 220 dollars. Got straight hustled. Met up with the girl and I was already saucy and she got me real good. Ijust remember food kept coming and I was like "I didn't even order this"
laugh.gif
. It was a good night though. Buit yeah, Japan is beyond expensive

what kind of lens were you using when taking these pictures? Also, for the night pictures, what kind of settings did you have on?

laugh.gif
何?

Went on a date in Tokyo and my dinner bill was like 220 dollars. Got straight hustled. Met up with the girl and I was already saucy and she got me real good. I just remember food kept coming and I was like "I didn't even order this"
laugh.gif
Tell me about it. The best part is when some places don't accept cards, always bring a wad of cash everywhere with you.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
何?

Went on a date in Tokyo and my dinner bill was like 220 dollars. Got straight hustled. Met up with the girl and I was already saucy and she got me real good. I just remember food kept coming and I was like "I didn't even order this"
laugh.gif
Tell me about it. The best part is when some places don't accept cards, always bring a wad of cash everywhere with you.
laugh.gif

pera pera means fluent. "umae no nihongo wa pera pera da!"

YEP, that's why I always ask them if it is ok with a kurejito caado right when I walk in
laugh.gif
. I'm like "ii desu ka"

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

laugh.gif
何?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

YEP, that's why I always ask them if it is ok with a kurejito caado right when I walk in
laugh.gif
. I'm like "ii desu ka"
Ahh, getting there.

laugh.gif
何?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
. I'm like "ii desu ka"
Ahh, getting there.

So desu ne

I pretty decent. I would say like 70 percent fluent if that makes any damn sense. I'm trying get into a summer semester in osaka. If I do that, I'm sure that It will all come together. I have a friend that's stupid fluent, ugh. And I spit game wit the exchange girls at my school and kick it with the dudes sometimes
laugh.gif
. Talking about some characters man
Nice. Yeah definitely do that, it'll help tremendously. Also helps to browse JP sites for reading and grammar...

* immediately goes and checks prices on flights *

Can't wait to go back...hopefully in Spring, but maybe in August/September. I'd rather not go again when it's sauna outside.

Originally Posted by Burn916

* immediately goes and checks prices on flights *

Can't wait to go back...hopefully in Spring, but maybe in August/September. I'd rather not go again when it's sauna outside.
Yeahh, last time I went it was January and it was a tad bit too chilly, and sometimes rainy.
laugh.gif

We're thinking about heading back in August, July is just too damn hot.

Back
Top Bottom