FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

BD47DA0C-7F86-4FAE-8AB6-AEFA6031EE05.jpeg

Double cheeseburger with cheese filling, tomato, red pepper slice and onions.

Its been a while I've made burgers for myself.

F86728B5-54F4-427D-9B0F-35DF1B480348.jpeg

The 1st attempt was horrible. But I redeem myself.
Oof. Poverty burger up in here. Allow me to give you a few tips for the future:

1. Butter your buns and toast the interior on a frying pan. The contrast between a crisp interior and a soft exterior does a lot to help out the overall package.
2. Start your burgers on a higher heat. Think medium-high to full blast. Get a nice crust on the exterior of the burger. Don't flip your burger until you see the crust forming on the bottom. Season it with salt and pepper beforehand to help draw out the moisture. Once you get that crust you can turn down the heat and finish cooking it to your preferred doneness.
3. MELT THE CHEESE RIGHT ON TOP OF THE BURGER WHILE IT'S IN THE PAN!
4. Always make your patties about an inch bigger than the bun. They're gonna shrink as they cook, so that should allow them to be proportionate with the bun.

Oof. Poverty burger up in here. Allow me to give you a few tips for the future:

1. Butter your buns and toast the interior on a frying pan. The contrast between a crisp interior and a soft exterior does a lot to help out the overall package.
2. Start your burgers on a higher heat. Think medium-high to full blast. Get a nice crust on the exterior of the burger. Don't flip your burger until you see the crust forming on the bottom. Season it with salt and pepper beforehand to help draw out the moisture. Once you get that crust you can turn down the heat and finish cooking it to your preferred doneness.
3. MELT THE CHEESE RIGHT ON TOP OF THE BURGER WHILE IT'S IN THE PAN!
4. Always make your patties about an inch bigger than the bun. They're gonna shrink as they cook, so that should allow them to be proportionate with the bun.

Thanks for the tips....I did some of the things you mentioned. I'll keep trying. At least you talk your ish and actually give advice unlike other people.

not sure how i feel about those... i mean nilla wafers are good to dump in milk so i could see the reason behind the cereal

Anybody tried an impossible burger yet?

I’m really tempted but the FDA just approved all of the ingredients in late July after the company submitted the burger for approval in 2014.

I’m really tempted but the FDA just approved all of the ingredients in late July after the company submitted the burger for approval in 2014.
yeah, they arent bad; but i am not vegetarian and like a meatless (bean) burger because they are healthier. In that regard it doesnt seem that the impossible burger is much better than a beef burger. So really no point for me to eat them.

Last edited:
Nice.

I LOVE that place
My parents went last weekend and they said the goat was ALOT spicier than previously, which I would have liked, but it let's u know there's someone back there really throwin down

Yea I liked those ball things too, I put them in that fruit ice cream stuff, also good.

Do you eat all the sweets that you post, or is it just for the photos?
I taste test occasionally for companys n review and or for myself if I'm that curious too try something, but don't eat much more than a taste test unless its protein bars or yoghurt etc. (the healthier stuff) I'd be a elephant otherwise

Last edited:

They sell Beyond Burgers in stores.
Just pea protein and coconut oil.
Made some burgers at home, really couldn't even tell the difference.

Back
Top Bottom