FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Problem with goat is most people don't know how to cook the gamey flavor out of it. Gotta use ginger, garlic , thyme, pimento etc and that helps rid it of that rank gamey taste.

thing is lamb doesn't need any seasoning or herbs or anything

you could it right that **** is flavorful. with my family they take a whole lamb and cook it over a fire, no seasoning, no salt, no pepper, nothing.

after its done for some reason you want salt, go ahead but its salty enough naturally

574DEA92-93B3-4951-B2B1-E3E2B8B377EF.jpeg

Cornmeal porridge
9CCE4E18-3929-4DD8-B026-C02B47358FF0.jpeg
Curry shrimp, rice, and some veg.

Last edited:
Lamb / Goat whatever you want to call it...had it for the first time in Greece. Amazing.

Never had the actual cart, but I hope it’s better than the crap they serve at the chains around the dmv.

it is better and its cheaper too... its like nathans hot dogs at the mall its ok but taste better from coney island... dont know why but it is better from the OG spot

See i guess I’m just weird. I love lamb gyros. But I can’t eat a lamb roast.

See i guess I’m just weird. I love lamb gyros. But I can’t eat a lamb roast.

I'm the same way. I'm in Turkey right now and there's a grill /kebab place on every corner but I haven't found one place that does lamb chop/roast that I like.

Been thinking a lot about burgers and layering flavors as of late. I like bacon on a burger, but it has to be just right for me. I often don't like super thick cut bacon because it doesn't provide the texture contrast that a thin, crispy bacon does, but I also dislike long, intact pieces of the latter due to the pull factor.

I'm thinking that I'm gonna get the thick cut tomorrow but dice it into small cubes and fry it so there's more surface area crisp and no pullage issues. Gonna throw some in between two smashburger patties with some American cheese to act as the glue.

Using my usual caramelized onions, pickles, special sauce recipe but I'm opting for Big Marty's seeded buns this time around. Sauce to be determined. Pics and feedback to come.

Back
Top Bottom