FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

20180711_180420.jpg
What is that you are eating?

You've probably eaten yogamatt

"
According to Bloomberg, “McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A, Wendy’s, White Castle, and Jack in the Box, which all used the chemical in their breads in 2014, have since gotten rid of it entirely.”

Though companies like McDonald’s have been quick to announce the removal of preservatives, antibiotics, and high-fructose corn syrup, they’ve been relatively quiet when it comes to azodicarbonamide — presumably because they didn’t want to call attention to the fact they were using it in the first place.

According to the FDA, the chemical is most commonly used “as a whitening agent in cereal flour and as a dough conditioner in bread baking.” TheEnvironmental Working Group has found it in hundreds of supermarket items, but the chemical is also used as a foaming agent in some plastic and vinyl products — namely, yoga mats"

I need some sugar in this. Texture is cool, flavor is there but I feel it is supposed to have sugar.

I don't keep sugar in the house.

For now on I will keeo some brown sugar packs from whole foods or something
Buy some brown sugar. And not that pasty kind either.

You've probably eaten yogamatt

"
According to Bloomberg, “McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A, Wendy’s, White Castle, and Jack in the Box, which all used the chemical in their breads in 2014, have since gotten rid of it entirely.”

Though companies like McDonald’s have been quick to announce the removal of preservatives, antibiotics, and high-fructose corn syrup, they’ve been relatively quiet when it comes to azodicarbonamide — presumably because they didn’t want to call attention to the fact they were using it in the first place.

According to the FDA, the chemical is most commonly used “as a whitening agent in cereal flour and as a dough conditioner in bread baking.” TheEnvironmental Working Group has found it in hundreds of supermarket items, but the chemical is also used as a foaming agent in some plastic and vinyl products — namely, yoga mats"

don’t be disrespecting Wendy’s lol

What exactly makes something RASTA Pasta?

I assumed it was pasta with Jerk Seasonings/Sauce instead of Marinara Sauce.

What exactly makes something RASTA Pasta?

I assumed it was pasta with Jerk Seasonings/Sauce instead of Marinara Sauce.
RASTA PASTA: CREAMY PASTA WITH JERK CHICKEN + SHRIMP

DSC_0132-2-1024x683.jpg

If you love creamy, spicy, and decadent, then this pasta is for you. Rasta Pasta is simply a pasta dish with jerk chicken, that has been sauteed with bell peppers or your choice of vegetables, then tossed in a spicy, creamy sauce. However, there is nothing simple about the flavors here; loud and bold is what you get. The jerk seasonings really come through in the sauce while the thyme and peppers lend a nice kick of flavor. What I love most about this dish is the sauce trickling through the penne; there’s a burst of spicy sauce with every bite.

https://www.alicaspepperpot.com/rasta-pasta-creamy-pasta-jerk-chicken-shrimp/

I was 1st introduce to Rasta pasta at restaurant called footprints in Brooklyn., then I started to see Rasta pasta dishes in every Jamaican cuisine. I seen different renditions of Rasta pasta but people are using Alfredo sauce or whatever sauce that sorta mimics it.

I caught on myself and started to tackle it.
I still try to follow the same formula. Spicey, red,green bell strips peppers and the protein which is optional the general stuff.

Still a work in progress but i decided to make something quick. Still came out good(a bit to spicey lol) but still edible. Great summer food imo.

Last edited:
No worries. Funny enough, I made some more this morning. This time I had it with hard dough bread
Since I have the cornmeal now, I can make some cornbread.

I don't own flour, so I will just grind up some Oatmeal and use that as my flour.

I will use applesauce in place of the eggs. (I hear this is what the Vegans do).

https://www.emilieeats.com/healthy-cornbread-vegan-gluten-free/

Cornbread_1_edit.jpg

This healthy cornbread is vegan, gluten-free, & perfect as a side dish for your next dinner party. No refined flour, butter, or sugar!

Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Yield: 10-12
Category: Sides
INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon flax meal + 2 1/2 tablespoons water
1 cup unsweetened almond milk + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups organic fine cornmeal
1/2 cup oat flour
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2-3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar, depending on how sweet you want your bread
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted, or grapeseed oil

Man u Betta get the f*** outta here wit that bull**** cornbread lol

"Authenticity is overrated"

That is what u said.

Man u Betta get the f*** outta here wit that bull**** cornbread lol

Aren't you the guy who said
"Authenticity is overrated"
Wouldn't me NOT making TRADITIONAL cornbread reflect my thoughts of Authenticy not mattering?

Think through your trolling/callbacks before clicking submit

Back
Top Bottom