FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

When i whip up burgers at the crib on the stove i almost always use Old bay along with grill mates steak seasoning (even tho not grilling).

What’s on everyone’s menu for tomorrow? Debating whether I wanna bbq burgers and brats or carne asada tacos :emoji_thinking:

Cafe Cardini with my familia
1C97B1D7-CD32-4AAD-BD01-D4EAE6A2A864.jpeg

Pina Colada virgin
11DB910B-1990-4AA6-99A8-BA81C57B6947.jpeg

Salad with grated cheese
D544ED40-6615-4FD6-B152-23FA41E5BA93.jpeg

Garlic bread with Mozzarella
7D1A9064-73A8-4D60-B9D9-19FC63D21BAF.jpeg

Fettuccini Papalina with alfredo sauce, peas, and prosciutto
63503B31-4E27-4A03-BA02-CF3089630C82.jpeg

eggplant parmesan
EB162085-6A7F-4D8F-AF35-3AC27350B9D8.jpeg

espresso with mini biscotti

Having a conversation with somebody. Is grilling fruit, #CUltural ? I remember going to a Seafood Boil out Wheaton, ILL last year and I see a container of watermelon/pineapples (cubed). So as I start to put some on my plate someone stops me and says, "This is for the grill." I am like, Ooooooooook. I knew folks DID it but, I have no desire for those two things being HOT.

A little bit of both. Chitlins are a southern food as well as a food eaten all over the world outside of the western world.

Chicken burgers? Moms used it on chicken too. Old bay aint only for crabs man lol. Never had it on crabs actually.
Oh no doubt, I just wanted to specify because you mentioned grilling burgers. I've had the seasoning itself cooked with regular burgers and I wasn't a fan. You need to eat it crabs though

Grilled pineapple is the only one I've tried. Doesn't enhance the flavor much if at all. It's good to eat it hot along with the grilled meats I suppose. Eat it cold before or after the bbq I don't really care lol. I love pineapple.

grilled fruits are cool, works really well with stone fruits like peaches, apricots, and plums.

just slice them in half, remove pit, and leave it flesh side down on the grill for a bit. fill with whipped cream, yogurt, or even ice cream.

really good.

They opened one up round my way. Was wondering if it’s good. Only place I go for chicken is Chick-fil-A
Comparable if not better than CFA imo. I've only been to CFA once though. They have many house made sauce to choose from. If you get maple aioli sauce, get a savory one to counter the sweetness. No problem with BBQ only but the maple sauce is rich and the sweetness is too much for me. The slaw with kale in it is good.

Back
Top Bottom