FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

The main reason my Mother NEVER eat out. She make me feel like cr@p when I bring food from outside into the house.
You should prank her with a rat in her kitchen then make her feel like crap any time she cooks food.

:lol:

Last edited:
In general

Is there a, "These young girls can't cook vibe when it comes to _____ (Insert ethnicity) women.? "

Asian
Caribbean
Hispanic

I guess speak from your culture

Went to this Malay buffet. Place was on the water with live music. All types of food, I don't even know what half the stuff I ate was but it was good af. So many sweeties, Im not leaving here. Had too many plates. Had some kinda durian dessert for the first time, pretty good. Didn't take pics of the food but the place was sick.

IMG_20180530_214224.jpg
IMG_20180530_202502.jpg
IMG_20180530_202500.jpg
IMG_20180530_202353.jpg
IMG_20180530_200224.jpg
IMG_20180530_191956.jpg

Went to this Malay buffet. Place was on the water with live music. All types of food, I don't even know what half the stuff I ate was but it was good af. So many sweeties, Im not leaving here. Had too many plates. Had some kinda durian dessert for the first time, pretty good. Didn't take pics of the food but the place was sick.

IMG_20180530_214224.jpg

I SWORE that said T I T S and WANGS

I'll post this in the food thread too, anybody have recommendations for the best cheesesteaks in Philly, I'll be their this weekend for the Roots picnic. I know about the popular places (Geno's) I just wanted to know which was the best overall cause I'm only eating it once.

D@mn. I thought it was dope because of their IG. Thanks for heads up. Do you know of any other night markets?

not really.

it's all honestly just a group trying to recreate the night markets from taiwan. it ends up just being a large group of vendors/food trucks that sell expensive *** food.

i swear, this one vendor i went to was trying to sell green onion/scallion pancakes but they were basically reheating frozen stuff you can buy from asian market.

plus, there's no stinky tofu. ain't no night market if you dont have stinky tofu

not really.

it's all honestly just a group trying to recreate the night markets from taiwan. it ends up just being a large group of vendors/food trucks that sell expensive *** food.

i swear, this one vendor i went to was trying to sell green onion/scallion pancakes but they were basically reheating frozen stuff you can buy from asian market.

plus, there's no stinky tofu. ain't no night market if you dont have stinky tofu

I had green onion/scallion pancakes for the first time a few years ago at smorgasburg. It was delicious and they made it on the spot.

969C2351-F197-468B-9F56-D4D2A588EB3B.jpeg

Decided to make a quick peach flavored sauce for my roast chicken. I added all the ingredients into my magic bullet. Then I simmered it. Next time I'll put everything on the stove and then maybe puree it.

Peach
Sugar
Onion
Tomatoes
Thyme
Salt

43428D25-282E-479D-8A32-D9140A4F8567.jpeg

I stuffed ginger, thyme and bay leaf under the chicken skin. I also used brown sugar and salt and left it in the fridge over night. I rubbed the chicken down in coconut oil to help with a crispy skin (after I took this image I put the bird back in the oven to get more color).

This place had amazing turkey burgers. It's been a few years since I been.

http://www.newyorkburgerco.com/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom