FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Messiest burger I've ever had.
Those strips along the top are deep-fried bacon. Heart attack waiting to happen.
20180531_132138.jpg

Thought it was onion rings lol.

Yo why do the Caribbean spots skimp on the plantains? Over here in africa, joints are plentiful. Shoot im sick of them.

Fried
Double fried
Boiled

Im done with them joints.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but whenever I get Caribbean food at any place, I always tell them to hold off on the plantains, I'm not to big on how they taste and by skipping that, they give me more of the main that I ordered.

Jamaican food is trash too. They have the nerves to say Trinis can't cook though.
Reported. Twice.

But yea, this plantain issue is funny as hell now that M Mark Antony has brought it to my attention.

I wish all spots made Tostones, I prefer those

Up early, couldn't sleep. Roasted off some veggies in the oven at 4 AM.

Beets, Parsnips, Carrots, Tomatoes.

Caribbean spots always out of ****. Soon as I walk in already told they ain't got not one kinda patty :lol:

Jerk Pork. Rice and Peas. Cabbage. Ignore dem two measly plantains

20180601_164434.jpg

Serious question, do most Caribbean spots make patties from scratch? Or are we eating frozen patties?

Tossed them in olive oil, salt, and pepper then baked them until soft on the inside with a little crisp on the outside.

Not trying to reinvent the wheel here.
key to cooking with cast iron? I feel i do a better job when i have the heat on low to medium. How about yourself?

Yeah I'm gonna say from scratch from the restaurant is rare unless the restaurant does production too. That said though, whichever ones those are at Sam's club are quite decent. Also if y'all take a trip to Jamaica, the best patties are Devon House patties, tastee second (and more available).

devonhouse-patties.jpg

Back
Top Bottom