FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I see people posted up on the side walks at night selling tacos but i'm not comfortable with that. Have you had any from them?

Eat them all the time. And they come in the clutch since they tend to start serving late at night

Yea that was my bad. I forgot the name of the place so I googled the area name and "taco" and copied and pasted. To be fair, I hardly had tacos in NY unless we made them at home. But I watched so many food shows talking about the taco scene in Cali. Once I got here and asked around I was disappointed. Same thing with In-Out.

Wait... you hardly had tacos in NY but had better there than in Cali? Exactly what part of California are you getting tacos at?

I see people posted up on the side walks at night selling tacos but i'm not comfortable with that. Have you had any from them?

Honestly, tacos just ain’t for you and your opinion on them can’t be taken seriously.

Last edited:
Speaking of Mexican. Two Chilli Rellenos. Rice and Beans. Just ate one Chili arelleno and no beans and rice since keto is life and gonna donate the rest since I ate that fire *** burger like three hours ago.
20180528_161345.jpg

Wait... you hardly had tacos in NY but had better there that in Cali? Exactly what part of California are you getting tacos at?

I'm not a taco expert and it's my opinion. Last time I checked it was ok to have one.

Honestly, tacos just ain’t for you and your opinion on them can’t be taken seriously.

You might be right. Please tell me a place I can get a good taco. Thanks in advance bro.

Last edited:
Yea, but you can’t say you hardly do something and then have a definitive opinion that something in one region is better than another.
The experiences I had with NY taco vs Cali taco, NY was better so far. I'm out here for a while. I would love to know where you go for yours.

I asked what part you are in and you ignored it, bruh.
My bad. Glendale area, I have a car so I can go pretty much anywhere. I went to Crenshaw for tacos. Taco Mel. TV really make place worst than they seem.

Reactions: God
My bad. Glendale area, I have a car so I can go pretty much anywhere. I went to Crenshaw for tacos. Taco Mel. TV really make place worst than they seem.

Crenshaw ain’t gonna be the place to go for tacos.

Guisados- you can find a location closest to you. I’ve only been to echo park and DTLA locations.

For a fancier place, Petty Cash on Beverly is worth a try.

El Flaming taco truck off of Vermont in K-town is awesome.

Not sure of the name, but the taco truck off of La Brea and Venice is great. (Its bybthe gas station & usually has a decent sized line)

Don’t know the name, but the taco truck off of Main and 6th near “*ussy&pooch” pet grooming is awesome. (DTLA)

Escuela Taqueria on Beverly is a good restaurant.

The Taco truck across the street from The Line Hotel in Koreatown is good, as well.

Crenshaw ain’t gonna be the place to go for tacos.

Guisados- you can find a location closest to you. I’ve only been to echo park and DTLA locations.

For a fancier place, Petty Cash on Beverly is worth a try.

El Flaming taco truck off of Vermont in K-town is awesome.

Not sure of the name, but the taco truck off of La Brea and Venice is great. (Its bybthe gas station & usually has a decent sized line)

Don’t know the name, but the taco truck off of Main and 6th near “*ussy&pooch” pet grooming is awesome.

Escuela Taqueria on Beverly is a good restaurant.

The Taco truck across the street from The Line Hotel in Koreatown is good, as well.

I really appreciate this list man. Seriously.

I really appreciate this list man. Seriously.

No problem. Sorry I can’t remember names. The trucks are all kind of similar, but the restaurants all have their own vibe.

Guisados is probably the most unique out of the bunch. The tortillas are made on the spot (you can watch) and the meat based tacos are all “stewed” meat recipes. The fish and shrimp are really good and aren’t stewed.

No problem. Sorry I can’t remember names. The trucks are all kind of similar, but the restaurants all have their own vibe.

Guisados is probably the most unique out of the bunch. The tortillas are made on the spot (you can watch) and the meat based tacos are all “stewed” meat recipes. The fish and shrimp are really good and aren’t stewed.
I'll make that my 1st stop.

I'm bad with names also. You left great descriptions so I'm sure I wont have trouble finding them.

I watched a show and they highlighted a taco place that was huge, one side is for pork and the other side is for beef orders I think. Can't remember if it was in Cali?

Back
Top Bottom