FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I agree. I'll take shake shack over In-Out anyday of the week. It's not a bad burger, it's just all the hype around. When I finally had In-Out, I was disappointed due to the hype.

Yup. I guess basic equals great over there. That hot sauce youtube guy had a Shake Shack vs in & out thing and they were so biased it was ridiculous. Talkin bout in & out has a great burger because of the thousand island dressing. Eff outta here. Plus animal style fries are trash. No one should be liking american cheese on fries.

Yup. I guess basic equals great over there. That hot sauce youtube guy had a Shake Shack vs in & out thing and they were so biased it was ridiculous. Talkin bout in & out has a great burger because of the thousand island dressing. Eff outta here. Plus animal style fries are trash. No one should be liking american cheese on fries.

I think NY spoiled me. I'm not impressed with the food out here (LA).

IMG_4432.jpg
Never been. Closest one is like 35 mins away

What in the holy trash list is this?
You have never been to Smash Burger, but my number one pick is Smash Burger? Please share your list.

Last edited:
What in the gentrificatuon is this nonsense? :lol:
I had a great time and the food was dope. I'll never go back though. They had to close the place down for a while becuase one of the employees had hepatitis A

I have a list of true NY authentic places to go visit over the summer.

Cali tacos are >

We live next to the border bruh. Authentic. We run it when it comes to mexican food
Help me out and point me in the right direction!!!!!! I figured this was the case!!! One of the main reasons I was so excited to head out this way.

Help me out and point me in the right direction!!!!!! I figured this was the case!!! One of the main reasons I was so excited to head out this way.

For the most part, stay away from the chain restaurants. They're mostly Tex-Mex which is Americanized mexican food. Which is mostly trash. For tacos, food trucks are the way to go, and the best mexican spots are the hole in the wall spots

Last edited:
But you linked this place as if this is the place I need to go to in NY :emoji_thinking:

Yea that was my bad. I forgot the name of the place so I googled the area name and "taco" and copied and pasted. To be fair, I hardly had tacos in NY unless we made them at home. But I watched so many food shows talking about the taco scene in Cali. Once I got here and asked around I was disappointed. Same thing with In-Out.

Post that recipe pleighboi

Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, heavy handed with onion and garlic powder (fresh chopped onions and garlic if you’re not lazy like me), an egg or two, bread crumbs, good amount of worchestire sauce, and 3-5 tablespoons this yoshida sauce (really good savory and sweet flavor).
46A3BAAF-8875-41D5-B471-B293B8D30C09.jpeg

For the most part, stay away from the chain restaurants. They're mostly Tex-Mex which is Anericanized mexican food. Which is mostly trash. For tacos, food trucks are the way to go, and the best mexican spots are the hole in the wall spots
I see people posted up on the side walks at night selling tacos but i'm not comfortable with that. Have you had any from them?

Yea that was my bad. I forgot the name of the place so I googled the area name and "taco" and copied and pasted. To be fair, I hardly had tacos in NY unless we made them at home. But I watched so many food shows talking about the taco scene in Cali. Once I got here and asked around I was disappointed. Same thing with In-Out.
Yo @James Ellsworth DA GAWD this dude never hit up tacos el Gordo in San Diego. A shame....

Back
Top Bottom