FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Then how you know the majority dont? I certainly have more exposure than you do...
I never made the claim that the majority don't.

I just questioned the legitimacy of claiming that the majority do.

Again, your level of exposure is limited. VERY limited to make the claim that MOST PEOPLE use ketchup

It means we've seen what ppl put on their cheesesteaks while we there. Ketchup is NOT taboo on a cheesesteak. **** a newspaper article too lol
Again, I am discussing the claim of MOST PEOPLE doing it.

Not people doing it.

There is no way for yall to know that MOST PEOPLE do it

I mean, they know some people want it on their sandwich.

I have seen people put mustard on theirs as well.

That doesn't support the claim of most people put ketchup on their steaks

Mustard tho bruh :lol:

I aint ever seen that. Yall bout to make me poll family members who LIVE IN PHILLY to find out this answer even tho i already know what it is. Outsiders trying to tell ME whats acceptable on MY birthplace's famous sandwich :smh:

Ok. From my 30 years of experience eating cheesesteaks which are food staples in this area, my observation is most people use ketchup.

Mustard tho bruh :lol:

I aint ever seen that. Yall bout to make me poll family members who LIVE IN PHILLY to find out this answer even tho i already know what it is. Outsiders trying to tell ME whats acceptable on MY birthplace's famous sandwich :smh:
Again, I am questioning the claim of, "MOST PEOPLE do it."

Not some people.
Not a few people.
Not alot of people.

But MOST people.

Who y’all got winning Top Chef this season? My pick for the final is Adrianne and Mustache Joe.
'Top Chef' Check-In With Andy Greenwald, Plus: Pizza Stalkers and Movie Theater Smuggling | House of Carbs (Ep. 33)
The Ringer's Joe House is joined by Andy Greenwald to check in on 'Top Chef' and 'Last Chance Kitchen' now that it's down to the final four contestants. They make their picks for who will be the Top Chef (2:15) before House connects with Juliet Litman for a classic 'House of Carbs' Food News (33:20).

http://podbay.fm/show/1253110409/e/1519207200?autostart=1

People do like ketchup on a cheesesteak but purists would def disagree

It's similar to putting mayo on an Italian sub

Both a huge no-no

Purists sound like they like dry *** sandwiches which is a huge no no for me
My cheesteak always has onions and mushrooms

** if I ever have a plain steak sandwich ketchup isn't that bad but I don't like the way it tastes when mixed with cheese

Back on topic some stuff i picked up at a italian market/grocer nearby

20180225_172102.jpg
20180225_153219.jpg
20180225_155916.jpg

Purists sound like they like dry *** sandwiches which is a huge no no for me
With the heat and grease from the steak on the bun + mayo (which some people use); I don't think the sandwich would be dry without a "sauce."

As a matter of fact, I only use hot sauce and I do't drown it, so my sandwich should be dry, but it isn't

I usually don't care about how people wanna use their condiments, but ketchup just adds an unnecessary flavor to a cheesesteak.

The way the ketchup tastes with mayo & wiz all mixed together is crazy. I dont even care bout this argument no more. Do what yall want. I personally think mushrooms on a cheesesteak is more taboo but then again I hate mushrooms lol

The way the ketchup tastes with mayo & wiz all mixed together is crazy. I dont even care bout this argument no more. Do what yall want. I personally think mushrooms on a cheesesteak is more taboo but then again I hate mushrooms lol
If it was taboo why do so many places offer mushrooms as an option? 8) ( That is the rule right? )

Must be #CulturalDifferences cuz that sounds terrible, and not just cuz its pork

Nothing cultural about it. People, white and black, look down on it. Broke folks from all over the US eat that crap. Even worse, that crap is grey.

Back
Top Bottom