FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Question, is it a Philly cheese steak if you're not getting it in Philly or by someone from Philly who made it?

Question, is it a Philly cheese steak if you're not getting it in Philly or by someone from Philly who made it?
if it has all same ingredients..I guess u can call it that..I live not to far from there but I never actually said "can I get a philly cheesteak " only cheesteak

and in philly when u order u saying is "whiz with" or "whiz without" (onions)

In jersey most spots don't offer cheez whiz unless u down the shore

Charley’s got me on the mushroom and bacon on the philly. For a long time If I went to the mall, I went to Charley’s. Is there a better nationwide chain for Cheesesteaks?

i usually just get a philly cheesesteak with onions and cheese of course but no ketchup....sometimes im undecided to get wiz or american but usually go with wiz...i have a day off after my bday so i might drive to philly to get one even though its an hour away :lol:

If it's recreated to a T, definitely. Folks can't act like they haven't had good, faithful reproductions of a culture's food from someone not of it.

extra mushrooms
7F0DE885-C4AF-4187-BA41-81A5FE74A618.jpeg
B86688AB-047E-4B2F-9825-EE880B9D2C0B.jpeg
i usually just get a philly cheesesteak with onions and cheese of course but no ketchup....sometimes im undecided to get wiz or american but usually go with wiz...i have a day off after my bday so i might drive to philly to get one even though its an hour away :lol:
make sure u only go to pat's

Yea scrapple is more #Economical than #Cultural

I always thought it was more geographical... scrapple originated in PA & kinda moved into the DelMarVa region too. Kinda like how sauerkraut is a thanksgiving side dish only in these parts... anyone from outside this region would find it funny as a thanksgiving side...

*** philly cheesteaks definitely live up to their name..if u out there it is mandatory

I always thought it was more geographical... scrapple originated in PA & kinda moved into the DelMarVa region too. Kinda like how sauerkraut is a thanksgiving side dish only in these parts... anyone from outside this region would find it funny as a thanksgiving side...
I know quite a few families south of the Mason Dixie line that eats it. But you might be right since it is more of a midatlantic thing

Yeah I know southerners that eat scrapple... I didn’t really like it until I had my first Christmas Day brunch at my mother in law’s years ago... pancakes, waffles, fried chicken, home fries (with onions), home made chipped beef, grits, Black eyed peas, bacon, sausage, & scrapple... got damn, I want my mother in law to cook now... love me some her...

Back
Top Bottom