FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I haven't been in Toronto in a while. What are some must eat spots? And top 2 pizza joints. Might try North of Brooklyn.
Where are you staying and any specific food?

Im not a huge pizza guy, but Maker pizza is pretty good. So is Libretto. Idk if theyre top 2.

Edit: theres a spot called ghost pizza. Ive never been but ive heard its good. Its somewhere on queen west, i wanna say near ossington? Or dufferin? Idk those ways somewhere. Just checked its at Dovercourt and Queen st West

Where are you staying and any specific food?

Im not a huge pizza guy, but Maker pizza is pretty good. So is Libretto. Idk if theyre top 2.

Edit: theres a spot called ghost pizza. Ive never been but ive heard its good. Its somewhere on queen west, i wanna say near ossington? Or dufferin? Idk those ways somewhere. Just checked its at Dovercourt and Queen st West
I'll be moving around. Got some fam up there. Used to go every few years in the 90's/2000's. Haven't been back in a while.

Nothing really specific as far as food goes. Just curious to see what's what. Obviously gonna try the Pizza 😁. But other than that, likely gonna see what the fam recommends up there

B9F3EA2E-45B0-4E6E-A23E-F97F837C7FEE.jpeg

Monello in little italy SD. Squid ink pasta and black truffle oil pizza with mushrooms. The truffle oil became overwhelming for me after one slice. The pasta was good though.

I'll be moving around. Got some fam up there. Used to go every few years in the 90's/2000's. Haven't been back in a while.

Nothing really specific as far as food goes. Just curious to see what's what. Obviously gonna try the Pizza 😁. But other than that, likely gonna see what the fam recommends up there
Stop by the Ukrainian jerk spot for a lunch special

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican
A aham

& for dessert back at the Westbury joint Layers. Got the Belgian Malt brownie, chocolate creamcheese cupcake & coffee cupcake. The quality at this bakeshop can't be put into words. Everything is excellent.
20220515_222525.jpg
20220515_222833.jpg
20220515_190929.jpg
Adding this to my list. I love brownies.

Adding this to my list. I love brownies.
I highly recommend you go & get some. I had the chocolate brownie & the Belgian malt one. I liked both. Get some 🧁 while you're there. I recommend the Nutella & also the coffee. Honestly everything I've tried so far has been great. Post some pics when you go 👍

I haven't been in Toronto in a while. What are some must eat spots? And top 2 pizza joints. Might try North of Brooklyn.
Toronto :pimp: . I haven't been in 3 years. A roadtrip is overdue. Dave Portnoy from One Bite 🍕 is doing a Toronto pizza series right now. Some look exceptionally good. The one you mentioned got good reviews.

Also, for burgers & grub go to Kensington Market. A plethora of shops for food. We tried Ozzy's Burgers & they were AMAZING. All Halal & so many choices. Man I love Toronto. Such a clean & well put together city with unlmtd amount of activities to do. Also, the Indian chicks in Toronto are built differently. I've never seen thick Indian/Pakistani chicks like the ones in Toronto lol. Must be the water haha.

One thing that stood out & resonated with me personally was the amount of Halal options in Toronto. Their Halal food scene is on a different level & I can say for a fact NYC cannot compare. Toronto has a huge Islamic population & there are entire neighborhoods & sections where it's literally all Halal.

Mexican pizza is back today if you have the app! I’ve never used the app before but I will get drunk and attempt to eat 2 Mexican pizzas! It looks like it’s drive thru or takeout only =(. Gotta wait for 2 more days for it to show up on delivery services.

Last edited:
Umi's Kitchen: Halal Caribbean food

346 Dundas St E, Toronto, ON M5A 2T4
(416) 928-9171
walkingBred walkingBred if youre gonna be in or near Parkdale, hit up Loga's Corner for some Tibetan momo's. Their hot sauce is nice too.

Thanks for this. I kinna wanna see what this Umi's Kitchen is all about. Are the owners Ukrainian?

Toronto :pimp: . I haven't been in 3 years. A roadtrip is overdue. Dave Portnoy from One Bite 🍕 is doing a Toronto pizza series right now. Some look exceptionally good. The one you mentioned got good reviews.

Also, for burgers & grub go to Kensington Market. A plethora of shops for food. We tried Ozzy's Burgers & they were AMAZING. All Halal & so many choices. Man I love Toronto. Such a clean & well put together city with unlmtd amount of activities to do. Also, the Indian chicks in Toronto are built differently. I've never seen thick Indian/Pakistani chicks like the ones in Toronto lol. Must be the water haha.

One thing that stood out & resonated with me personally was the amount of Halal options in Toronto. Their Halal food scene is on a different level & I can say for a fact NYC cannot compare. Toronto has a huge Islamic population & there are entire neighborhoods & sections where it's literally all Halal.
I saw a few of his videos for the Toronto tour. Lol at the one where dude kidnaps him :lol:

:lol: At the exaggeration. Uber eats sends me one of those like once a week. Rarely ever worth it after their inflated pricing and fees.
I got one for 75% off the other. I was like oh wow thats good, im gonna order something (i seldom order delivery). Check the fine print, max $15 off. :lol: after all the fees theres no discount

My boy told me about this and didn't read the fine print details.

Its just $15 off.
It wasn't bad actually. Spent 5 bucks out of pocket. That included whatever fees they wanted. It's better than what Uber eats gives. They give you 40-50% off and the price just goes right back up after all of their fees.

Back
Top Bottom