FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

& for dessert back at the Westbury joint Layers. Got the Belgian Malt brownie, chocolate creamcheese cupcake & coffee cupcake. The quality at this bakeshop can't be put into words. Everything is excellent.
20220515_222525.jpg
20220515_222833.jpg
20220515_190929.jpg

Just fries.
Is something like this sustainable?

Been waiting for them to open up here. Went to their original location in Gardena a few times a few years ago and the fries were ridiculously damn delicious. Since then they've franchised all over southern cal and a gang of other states now. They’ve come up so quick so they must be doing something right. The options are endless and you used to just be able to make your own combinations.

Been waiting for them to open up here. Went to their original location in Gardena a few times a few years ago and the fries were ridiculously damn delicious. Since then they've franchised all over southern cal and a gang of other states now. They’ve come up so quick so they must be doing something right. The options are endless and you used to just be able to make your own combinations.
Edit: Found it

& for dessert back at the Westbury joint Layers. Got the Belgian Malt brownie, chocolate creamcheese cupcake & coffee cupcake. The quality at this bakeshop can't be put into words. Everything is excellent.
20220515_222525.jpg
20220515_222833.jpg
20220515_190929.jpg
Always good to see other fellow Long Islanders on here.

pies look good. I’ve been thinking of getting one of these for The longest. Did you find it messy? That’s the biggest critique I’ve heard so far. Debating between one of these or finally pulling the trigger on a big green egg.

Not at all

I used a silicone baking mat when working with the dough, which really helped cut down on mess

Overall I found the process to be very manageable and enjoyable. Not a ton of active cooking time or prep involved

Had Mr Fries Man in Gardena and didn't like it at all. If you don't think about it too much, it's not bad cause it's just a ton of oil, salt, and fat but the sauces are all to sweet and a lot of the proteins were overcooked and underseasoned.

I've know of a few fry specialty spots. All were located in malls. Each one had hot starts after opening, hung around for a few years and eventually closed down.

I will say I used to **** with Reeses cereal and pieces heavy (still might but haven't had either in years)

And I would always choose Reeses over a snickers or similar candy

But anytime I have one now I think, "Wow that wasn't very good"

Snickers was my vending machine go to snack back in college. Lately been buying chocolate that has almonds or peanuts.

Just fries.
Is something like this sustainable?

Haven't checked out yet. There's one near the USC campus across the street from Banc of California stadium. Every time I drive by it looks pretty empty. I'll give it a try tho.

I usually see a line at the “Potato Corner” in the Fox Hills Mall when I happen to be there and walk by. But not as big a line as at any of three Wetzel’s kiosks or the one Aunt Annie’s.

Back
Top Bottom