FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

4C112348-E8F5-43DD-9D6E-46C9EA026E3A.jpeg
912F938D-D1E7-4A91-8A3E-270511F5B8AC.jpeg

Australian wagyu tomahawk.

I'm sure yall have seen the videos floating around as to what one of the owners did but you got to be a fool to own a business in this era and think you can get away with anything.

People have been spamming that bar's Yelp account. Got them down to 1.5 stars.

Some of these "reviews." - :lol:

FOSSIL’S LAST STAND - 45 Photos & 634 Reviews - Pubs - 429 Race St, Catasauqua, PA - Restaurant Reviews - Phone Number - Menu - Yelp
:lol: Ok I looked up the vid. It's funny how comfortable racists are about being racist around any other white person.

F58E7622-84A2-4EE9-96DF-F84F8FECBBEB.jpeg

Picked this up during the ooni Black Friday sale

Center of the stone hit 800+ in around 30 mins during the initial fire up

Haven’t gotten a chance to make dough yet but hoping to test it out in the next week or two

Going to start with basic neapolitans. Expecting a good amount of trial and error :lol:

Finally got around to breaking this out. Better late than never…

First time making any sort of dough or pizza. Started simple with margheritas (The oval was the first attempt :lol:)

All in all went as well as I could’ve expected. Hardest part was stretching out the dough. Too thick of a crust and didn’t get them to 12” like they should’ve been

I think the dough needed a little longer to proof. Did a quick same day dough, proofed for about 7 hours

The heat in those ovens is no joke. Goes from cooked to crust ignited in a second :lol:

5CBE461B-E8D5-44DC-905E-736B8CDF49F1.jpeg

s

First time making any sort of dough or pizza. Started simple with margheritas (The oval was the first attempt :lol:)

All in all went as well as I could’ve expected. Hardest part was stretching out the dough. Too thick of a crust and didn’t get them to 12” like they should’ve been

I think the dough needed a little longer to proof. Did a quick same day dough, proofed for about 7 hours

The heat in those ovens is no joke. Goes from cooked to crust ignited in a second :lol:

pies look good. I’ve been thinking of getting one of these for The longest. Did you find it messy? That’s the biggest critique I’ve heard so far. Debating between one of these or finally pulling the trigger on a big green egg.

Been trying to make wings on some weekends since going out for wings has become a thing of the past

B26FEAC5-9D57-4167-BD35-E783EDE137D6.jpeg

Trying to make them crispy

I roll them in baking powder, salt, and black pepper

Air fry at about 265 for 25 min flipping once halfway through

Then air fry on 400 for another 5 minutes

Tonight I tried putting them in the oven for a few on the broiler setting

Anyone have any tips?

Damn that came out great! Good job. Looks like a beautiful Neopolitan pie 🤤

We werr back at our fave South Indian restaurant. Went with idly(rice patty) & vada(lentil donut) for apps. For main course I had Palak Paneer(Spinach with Indian cottage cheese) & naan & onion kulcha bread. I ❤️ this food. The palak paneer was totally different from North Indian style that I'm used to. Wasn't even green & had a lot of tasty South Indian herbs & spices in it.
20220515_180330.jpg
20220515_175340.jpg

Been trying to make wings on some weekends since going out for wings has become a thing of the past

B26FEAC5-9D57-4167-BD35-E783EDE137D6.jpeg

Trying to make them crispy

I roll them in baking powder, salt, and black pepper

Air fry at about 265 for 25 min flipping once halfway through

Then air fry on 400 for another 5 minutes

Tonight I tried putting them in the oven for a few on the broiler setting

Anyone have any tips?
The initial 265 is too low. It should be higher if you want it crispy.

I feel like 30 minutes is too long.

I air fry thighs 12 minutes each side

Back
Top Bottom