FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Apparently a lot of restaurants were extremely pissed about that $15 off deal on GH because they weren’t notified of the deal, leaving them understaffed and unprepared for the influx of orders:
913FE76D-5278-458F-A828-6F86512489E4.jpeg

How can you prepare for something you don’t know about?
I’m talking about being prepared for the lunch hour rush which they should always be prepared for no?

There are other scenarios where they won’t be alerted about a lot of customers choosing to buy lunch there.
Yeah you've clearly never worked in food.

-foe
I have and it was always busy around breakfast, lunch, and when school let out.

Manager was on everybody’s *** and always made sure they had more than needed in stock.
Uber eats scratching their head like "damn we do this everyday and it never works like this"
That’s another thing :lol: They literally do this all the time.

I have and it was always busy around breakfast, lunch, and when school let out.

Manager was on everybody’s *** and always made sure they had more than needed in stock.
My apologies for the assumption, then. My bad.

Maybe a dozen more biscuits than needed is not going to account for for a nationwide promotion.

-foe

Doordash is messed up since this morning, most of their restaurants are doing in person pick up only. Anyone else having this problem? I’ve never seen this before.

My apologies for the assumption, then. My bad.

Maybe a dozen more biscuits than needed is not going to account for for a nationwide promotion.

-foe
Nationwide?

This was just in nyc as far as I’m aware.

Another thing is I assume all places on grubhub are usually busy around lunch especially in nyc but I’m not sure which restaurants are complaining so I can’t be sure if they should’ve already been somewhat prepared.

for those in philly or around the area

The Southeast Asian Market opened back up on the weekends at FDR park near stadiums

only open Saturdays and Sundays

Youtuber Mark Wiens joins local food vlogger JL Jupiter to get a taste of Philly, including a tour of our Southeast Asia Market during Summer 2021,

you deff want to check it out fellas and ladies

Went to BWW and tried their chicken street tacos. **** was so good I got a couple bottles of the garlic parm and southwest ranch to make them at home. Used chicken thighs and pico de gallo from Trader Joe’s. Turned out pretty damn good. Might be a staple going forward.
798663E8-28FB-4A85-A357-93368BE8166F.jpeg

I haven't been in Toronto in a while. What are some must eat spots? And top 2 pizza joints. Might try North of Brooklyn.
If you want just slices Pizzeria Badiali

If you want whole pies Maker Pizza

Weird hours tho, do your googles

If you’re around on Sunday do a lap around Kensington market. Down along Chinatown, west on Queen, then up Ossington. Bunch of food spots and snack around there. Can take a break in trinity bellwoods if you need.

Last edited:
If you want just slices Pizzeria Badiali

If you want whole pies Maker Pizza

Weird hours tho, do your googles

If you’re around on Sunday do a lap around Kensington market. Down along Chinatown, west on Queen, then up Ossington. Bunch of food spots and snack around there. Can take a break in trinity bellwoods if you need.
Thanks bro. Cousin recommended Badiali too. Definitely gonna try that one. Won't be in Toronto Sunday. Probably gonna stop by the Rib Fest Sat tho.

Back
Top Bottom