FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Ran some errands today and stopped for a glass of wine and some lunch. The salad definitely wasn’t that great 😩 but I got to finish my book and the wine was good
22FC33F2-3A57-41E9-8B3C-823E458C20E2.jpeg
3E007F45-C87E-47AA-8848-04B44EC34586.jpeg
that salad looks depressing fr

I got you.

Top 3 salads?
Top 3 soups?

No disrespect
Hmmm soups. No particular order - Chicken and rice, lentil and sancocho and beef and barley.

Salads pretty plain - mixed greens with salad or steak, chicken Cesar salad and maybe a Cobb salad once in a while.

You?

I got you.

Top 3 salads?
Top 3 soups?

No disrespect
Salad, I only like 1 way, with different fruit.
Greens (romaine, arugula, buttercrunch)
Feta
Sunflower seeds or cashew
Vinaigrette
Raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries
Just like that as a side, chicken or shrimp as a main.

Soup:
Clam chowder
Tomato basil
Split pea

-foe

Word to therealest1 therealest1

Red Robin!

4817830A-8630-4B48-BC7E-45F84772D9F7.jpeg

You have the heart to get takeout because I could never do it. I dread takeout because I feel it's never fresh by default with it not being consumed immediately due to it having to be transported to wherever it's going to be eaten. It just loses warmth and freshness naturally that way.

But I understand it's convenient for a lot of people, especially with services that deliver restaurant to a residency or workplace nowadays. It's just not for me because I prefer to consume everything on the spot and not have to worry about losing freshness. I also don't have to worry about carrying it to another location to eat it.

You have the heart to get takeout because I could never do it. I dread takeout because I feel it's never fresh by default with it not being consumed immediately due to it having to be transported to wherever it's going to be eaten. It just loses warmth and freshness naturally that way.

But I understand it's convenient for a lot of people, especially with services that deliver restaurant to a residency or workplace nowadays. It's just not for me because I prefer to consume everything on the spot and not have to worry about losing freshness. I also don't have to worry about carrying it to another location to eat it.

I would prefer to eat it at the restaurant, but unfortunately, it’s my lunch break from work. Picked it up and brought it back to the office. It actually holds up pretty good. I started going to RR more frequently since the pandemic started. Since they had curbside pickup, they were able to stay open in the beginning of this whole mess. A lot of other places around here were closed.

Back on the road again. Timothy Hortons
IMG_20220519_113540__01.jpg
Ahh Tim Horton's- the Dunkin Donuts of the North. I had some donuts & croissants from there when I visited Montreal & Toronto. Ngl them donuts were pretty good. They got a Bolla Market by me now & one of the small shops is a Tim Horton's :pimp: . Now I don't have travel all the way to Canada for a Maple donut, lol.

Another option would have been simply stop taking the orders from grubhub.

Popeyes did that when their own sandwich created too much of a demand.

Other restaurants do it randomly to ubereats and doordash any time they're inconvenienced.

any tampa bay rec's?
Headed down there next week with the fam.

Cazador Grill - low key Peruvian spot in North Tampa

La Teresita - casual Cuban restaurant near the airport

I'll usually stop by La Segunda Bakery for a Cuban sandwhich and pastries

Had some very good meals at Olivia in South Tampa (Pizza, pasta, seafood) but have heard the quality/portions have fallen off. Still maybe worth a try

Ulele is a cool spot. Right off of a river and park. They spent a ton of $ on the space itself but the food can be hit or miss

If you like beer Cigar City is probably worth a stop. Also right near the airport. I think they have food now too

Back
Top Bottom