FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

we
The speed and efficiency of "air fryers" is what sets them apart from regular ovens

Still not worth the counter space though for such a limited functionality imo

At this stage my 10 year old oven isn't producing the same results as an air fryer but it's close enough
Speed is a huge benefit. Never would’ve needed one for myself, but I use it non stop for my toddler. Comes in clutch when he’s hungry and I’ve got some chicken nuggets ready for him in 6 minutes without needing to preheat our large oven and make him wait a half hour. Great for child sized portions too.

Trying out my new steak grill thing on some Costco pork steaks. Sous vide at 140° for 2 hours then under the burner for about 30 seconds a side. Really tasty - good sear the way I like but very tender inside. Pleased with it for a first attempt - and it’s really cold outside so about the worst time to use it.

31306C19-7AD9-41AE-9378-A2C4139D9641.jpeg

14419825-A8BE-4733-8AAF-C1DDE30C24FD.jpeg

With Sweet Baby Ray’s, some frozen veg and air fried sweet potato fries.

Think I gotta start using the Blackstone to finish these sous vide steaks. Kitchen in new house has poor ventilation. Whole house starts smoking up once the cast iron gets going, and that's with windows open, slider open, fans going, etc.

Ventilation is undervalued

I'm lucky my system has a short path/duct to outside so it works well despite being fairly basic

Think I gotta start using the Blackstone to finish these sous vide steaks. Kitchen in new house has poor ventilation. Whole house starts smoking up once the cast iron gets going, and that's with windows open, slider open, fans going, etc.
What oil do you use? maybe use one with a high heat point like canola. Only take s about a min if the steak already sous vide to get a good char. Maybe skip the butter finish and just make some compound butter instead.

Been buying pre-ground illy espresso from Amazon since getting an espresso machine this summer and prices are through the roof

I normally get a 6-pack of 8.8 oz canisters. $46 in August, $54 in November, $64 when I checked today :sick:

Trying out other brands in the meantime. Lavazza for 33% less and Medaglia D'oro for half price

Medaglia sort of reminds me of an Italian Folgers but I guess we'll see

Been buying pre-ground illy espresso from Amazon since getting an espresso machine this summer and prices are through the roof

I normally get a 6-pack of 8.8 oz canisters. $46 in August, $54 in November, $64 when I checked today :sick:

Trying out other brands in the meantime. Lavazza for 33% less and Medaglia D'oro for half price

Medaglia sort of reminds me of an Italian Folgers but I guess we'll see
Buy directly from a coffee roaster for best taste. You can get the whole bean and grind it yourself or there is usually a option for the roaster to grind it before shipping. Any beans will do I prefer the chocolate taste of dark roast for espressos tho

Buy directly from a coffee roaster for best taste. You can get the whole bean and grind it yourself or there is usually a option for the roaster to grind it before shipping. Any beans will do I prefer the chocolate taste of dark roast for espressos tho

Not against it but mainly aiming for convenience and cost effectiveness over the best cup

I only have a cheap blade grinder I use for drip but don't really want to bother with it for espresso

Have to admit it has been nice not grinding. The nitrogen or whatever they use does a solid job

Chipotle chicken salad is one of my go to under $10 lunches. Of course it's not same as authentic Mexican but hard to beat around my way for the price, you can load up on grilled veggies, rice and lettuce for no extra charge lol.

Well said.

Some people on this chatline feel like they are above eating @ Chipotle for some odd reason.

As if every meal they eat is from a 5* Authentic Restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom