FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Jerk and lemon pepper drumsticks, beans and kale

20220103_212118.jpg

20220103_210006.jpg

Last edited:
Yo there used to be this spot off the freeway that was supposedly world renown, pre internet and smartfood era.

It was literally just a little shack on the side of I-5 with bomb burgers, shakes, and fries. I remember everybody talking about it when I was little and the only location I can remember was that it was on I-5 south before California, either right before roseburg, or right before grants pass.

Any chance you’ve heard of this place before? It had a name like hamburger hill or rice hill Or sumin like that.
Nah. I’m not from Oregon, I’ve been living here for about five years. I guess I’ll be on the hunt for that spot now lol

Great marketing :lol: Would like to know who was behind the term

This will probably be my next purchase to replace my 10+ year old Brevile Smart Oven Pro

Assuming it fits on the counter where I need it

:lol: I was talking about this with my family. Is there a better marketing/rebrand in the past decade than from convection oven to Air fryer? It's like they knew to touch the American soul with the word "Fry".

Air fryers add a crisp to stuff which is why it's a healthy alternative to traditional frying with grease. I'm OK with it being marketed as a "fryer" but I get that that's not all it does.

You can add the same crisp in an oven. An air fryer is a mini oven. Brands successfully marketed that product well. I hardly even use the air fryer that was given to me.

The speed and efficiency of "air fryers" is what sets them apart from regular ovens

Still not worth the counter space though for such a limited functionality imo

At this stage my 10 year old oven isn't producing the same results as an air fryer but it's close enough

I love my air fryer, it makes reheating leftover fried chicken so easy. I might have to buy another one with French doors because the top loading one burnt my hands a couple times.

Always had a toaster oven and used it for reheating stuff
Now I have a toaster oven/air fryer combo and I use the air fry setting 90% of the time
I was skeptical but I like it

You can add the same crisp in an oven. An air fryer is a mini oven. Brands successfully marketed that product well. I hardly even use the air fryer that was given to me.

I recently hipped someone to the "Broiler" option in their oven. I reheated some fried fish and it was even crispier than when we got it. She wanted to know the secret. I explained it to her and she legit said she never knew that was an option for the oven.

I told her that's why "Air Fryers" have been AMerican' Adult's version of "Tickle Me Elmo" for the last 3 years.

So I’ve had an air fryer for like 4 years and only used it once then put it away. Is it worth the counter space 😩

Back
Top Bottom