FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I was craving a beef burger and I wanted a Kickin' Short Rib burger from Silver Diner, but it is no longer on the menu. :emoji_angry: Instead, I went to Firebirds Wood Fired Grill in Gaithersburg, Maryland and try their Durango burger (chile spice rubbed patty with fried onions, pepper jack cheese, pickles, lettuce and tomato with Java BBQ sauce - it usually comes with roasted garlic ranch dressing, but I am not a fan of ranch so I got the Java BBQ sauce instead).

Not pictured: Black Tie Chocolate Cheesecake with raspberries and raspberry sauce.....it was shifted in the bag en route to my house and got a little messy in the container, but it was still hella good!

20201207_152150.jpg

I’ve only ever had truffle butters and oils so I’ll throw funk in the pot. Adds a savory funk
This. Was gonna describe it as a "dankness."

Kind of herbal, kind of earthy, a little funky, maybe some garlic/onion type pungency in there too.

If you like funky cheeses, barnyardy beers, or the loudest of loud, truffles should be up your alley.

My disdain for this dude grows by the day, but I'll forever hearken back to this rant:

i dunno much about truffles but i had cacio e pepe with shaved truffles like they would do parmesan and it was amazing
truffle fries are solid too. oh and truffle butter is great for a buttered roll.

Back
Top Bottom