FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Korean fried chicken has become really popular as of late
Seeing more shops pop up
It has taken over Bibimbap lol
For me I need rice with my chicken and most places don't have or serve rice
It's all about the sauce

Original post was "Koreans take things and bring it to another level, pop, chicken, skincare etc etc" . but then I realized that the Japanese also does the same as well.

so I edited it. ahat ahat

Korean fried chicken has become really popular as of late
Seeing more shops pop up
It has taken over Bibimbap lol
For me I need rice with my chicken and most places don't have or serve rice
It's all about the sauce

There def smaller joints popping up. I believe the major push was like 13 years ago with Bonchon entering the US market.

Yeah also there's more korean/asian grocery stores popping up
They built a hmart in downtown chicago not too long ago and every time I drive by it was busy
It gives non asians a window into korean food without actually going into a sit down restaurant
Because now they can just head into the food court and try it out

spaghetti carbonara w/ fried chicken
1F97EE99-5823-465D-9E23-02C944FF31A2.jpeg

I've only been to one spot where the calzone actually was far superior to the pizza, which to me was a surprise as it was right up there taste wise with my favorite pizza spot at John's of Bleecker. The calzone I had was on a completely different level and blew the pizza out of the water, go to Lucali's in Brooklyn, and skip the pizza and go for that damn calzone, holy crap is it good. And get the sauce on the side, it compliments it so well and more than satisfying. So damn delicious, one of the best things I've ever had in my entire life, no joke.

Read the first half of your post and thought Lucali then you hit the nail on the head. Sucks because it hasn’t been available as part of their takeout menu for COVID.

If saying Kpop is uber popular, Korean fried chicken is superior, or Korean got the skincare game locked down is going to extremes..shrug

lets keep it about the food

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom